Nobody on welfare should be allowed to vote

Dud is a big government stooge. I bet he supports the death penalty, too.

:thup:
anklebite.gif

That's cute..I would have liked having it handy the day you became a mod. Or would you have just altered my post?
:lol:

Dud turns out to be a fascist. Big surprise.

Actually, I believe this is how we began...where only Male, White, property owners could vote.... not 100% certain if this continued after our constitution was ratified, but i believe it was the case with the union?

White male property owners were the only ones who could run for office, but voting rights varied by state.

whew! just amazing how the ability to use critical thinking is lacking....it's like a brain fart or something...shees sheesh sheesh.... shaking my head....we obviously need to add CIVICS, and Constitution study, as a requirement to high school and college

It once WAS a requirement.

I'm actually all for having a short quiz given at the time a person registers to vote because I believe far too many people have either no clue how "government" is supposed to operate or they are completely mislead and/or misinformed by the talking heads they see on television.

A person applying for citizenship needs to do some heavy homework on civics and then take a test which includes a selection out of 100 questions. If we can demand that of a brand new citizen, I would think our own natural born citizens should be able to answer at least, say five, predominent questions on the makeup of government and the job descriptions of the three branches as detailed in the original Constitution. I'll wager that an awful lot of natural born people who vote can't even name what those three branches are.

Here's some of those citizenship questions. Which ones would you include in the five asked when someone fills out a voter registration form?

Pass the US Citizenship Test | Sample Citizenship Questions

<<<

I don't know about the new Citizenship test, but the old one asked "Who are the 3 most important men in American history?" Guess what, Washington wasn't one of them, nor Thomas Jefferson, nor Benjamin Franklin. Who were they? JFK, MLK, and Abraham Lincoln. I would have flunked that test.

Actually, I believe this is how we began...where only Male, White, property owners could vote.... not 100% certain if this continued after our constitution was ratified, but i believe it was the case with the union?

White male property owners were the only ones who could run for office, but voting rights varied by state.

Women had the vote in Wyoming, they had to give up that right to become a state. I wouldn't have gone for it myself.

OK....I'll play....

WHAT IS WELFARE?

Food stamps? Social Security? Medicare? Disability? Unemployment? Veterans Disability? Child tax credits? Earned income credit? TANF? College grants? Corporate Credits and loopholes given? Police Dept? Roads? Fire Depts? Agriculture grants and credits?

Do all the people that get these type of things legislated by our government not get to vote either? Or they get to keep voting for the people to represent the tax monies that they want put in to THEIR PROGRAMS of FAVOR?

You can't be so fucking stupid that you don't know what constitutes welfare.

Or can you?

Well, Mr. Knowitall, it means different things in different states (your own being a HUGE recipient thereof, btw).
Eligibility for a Welfare program depends on numerous factors. Eligibility is determined using gross and net income, size of the family, and any crisis situation such as medical emergencies, pregnancy, homelessness or unemployment. A case worker is assigned to those applying for aid. They will gather all the necessary information to determine the amount and type of benefits that an individual is eligible for.

The Federal government provides assistance through TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families). TANF is a grant given to each state to run their own welfare program. To help overcome the former problem of unemployment due to reliance on the welfare system, the TANF grant requires that all recipients of welfare aid must find work within two years of receiving aid, including single parents who are required to work at least 30 hours per week opposed to 35 or 55 required by two parent families. Failure to comply with work requirements could result in loss of benefits.

The type and amount of aid available to individuals and dependent children varies from state to state. When the Federal Government gave control back to the states there was no longer one source and one set of requirements. Most states offer basic aid such as health care, food stamps, child care assistance, unemployment, cash aid, and housing assistance.

US Welfare System - Help for US Citizens

In many cases, if a woman's name was on the land patent she could vote....It's just that such a thing didn't happen very often.

If you don't buy in, you should have absolutely no say in how the game is played.

So you're admitting that government should be bought but only by those who stand to gain the most from their "investment." Good one.

whew! just amazing how the ability to use critical thinking is lacking....it's like a brain fart or something...shees sheesh sheesh.... shaking my head....we obviously need to add CIVICS, and Constitution study, as a requirement to high school and college

It once WAS a requirement.

I'm actually all for having a short quiz given at the time a person registers to vote because I believe far too many people have either no clue how "government" is supposed to operate or they are completely mislead and/or misinformed by the talking heads they see on television.

A person applying for citizenship needs to do some heavy homework on civics and then take a test which includes a selection out of 100 questions. If we can demand that of a brand new citizen, I would think our own natural born citizens should be able to answer at least, say five, predominent questions on the makeup of government and the job descriptions of the three branches as detailed in the original Constitution. I'll wager that an awful lot of natural born people who vote can't even name what those three branches are.

Here's some of those citizenship questions. Which ones would you include in the five asked when someone fills out a voter registration form?

Pass the US Citizenship Test | Sample Citizenship Questions

<<<

I don't know about the new Citizenship test, but the old one asked "Who are the 3 most important men in American history?" Guess what, Washington wasn't one of them, nor Thomas Jefferson, nor Benjamin Franklin. Who were they? JFK, MLK, and Abraham Lincoln. I would have flunked that test.

The questions should not be subjective.

OK....I'll play....

WHAT IS WELFARE?

Food stamps? Social Security? Medicare? Disability? Unemployment? Veterans Disability? Child tax credits? Earned income credit? TANF? College grants? Corporate Credits and loopholes given? Police Dept? Roads? Fire Depts? Agriculture grants and credits?

Do all the people that get these type of things legislated by our government not get to vote either? Or they get to keep voting for the people to represent the tax monies that they want put in to THEIR PROGRAMS of FAVOR?

Or can you?

Well, Mr. Knowitall, it means different things in different states (your own being a HUGE recipient thereof, btw).
Eligibility for a Welfare program depends on numerous factors. Eligibility is determined using gross and net income, size of the family, and any crisis situation such as medical emergencies, pregnancy, homelessness or unemployment. A case worker is assigned to those applying for aid. They will gather all the necessary information to determine the amount and type of benefits that an individual is eligible for.

The Federal government provides assistance through TANF (Temporary Assistance for Needy Families). TANF is a grant given to each state to run their own welfare program. To help overcome the former problem of unemployment due to reliance on the welfare system, the TANF grant requires that all recipients of welfare aid must find work within two years of receiving aid, including single parents who are required to work at least 30 hours per week opposed to 35 or 55 required by two parent families. Failure to comply with work requirements could result in loss of benefits.

The type and amount of aid available to individuals and dependent children varies from state to state. When the Federal Government gave control back to the states there was no longer one source and one set of requirements. Most states offer basic aid such as health care, food stamps, child care assistance, unemployment, cash aid, and housing assistance.

US Welfare System - Help for US Citizens

Thank you Maggie!

• Thanks
Reactions: mal
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

So you don't think the employees of the TARP recipients should be allowed to vote?.. mmmmm??? Interesting.... Walmart employees get as much welfare from every community they leach off of ....I see your point!

Not to mention the oil corps ...they take a huge welfare check ...hundreds of billions a year.

Or is it really just the extremely poor with no one to turn to that you begrudge a stipend?

I suspect it isn't handouts that bother you..it is the opportunity to step on rather than give assistance to someone that is at an extreme disadvantage. No doubt there is a racist component to your motivation. Yup! You are clearly a fine american.

And thanks for playing "What was it that it says on the Statue of Liberty anyway"?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

futurecityImpishimpi

So you don't think the employees of the TARP recipients should be allowed to vote?.. mmmmm??? Interesting.... Walmart employees get as much welfare from every community they leach off of ....I see your point!

Not to mention the oil corps ...they take a huge welfare check ...hundreds of billions a year.

Or is it really just the extremely poor with no one to turn to that you begrudge a stipend?

I suspect it isn't handouts that bother you..it is the opportunity to step on rather than give assistance to someone that is at an extreme disadvantage. No doubt there is a racist component to your motivation. Yup! You are clearly a fine american.

And thanks for playing "What was it that it says on the Statue of Liberty anyway"?

"Walmart people"?
What the hell does that mean?

My daughter in law worked for Walmart for quite a while. She and my son together made too much to qualify for welfare.

My nephew, who is finishing up at Wheaton, worked at Walmart for mroe than a year and never collected a single welfare dime.

Walmart is a huge part of communities which have been hard hit by recession. When Fleetwood shut down, the fact that many of the wives of those employees worked at Walmart kept hundreds of families afloat in my home town.

Walmart has taken millions of american good paying jobs out of our communities and almost exclusivly purchases products from China. Walmart gets enormous coporate welfare in your local community at the expense of everyone in the country. Walmart employees are directed to leech off of the local community for health care and food stamps. But you go ahead on citizen and support the single most destructive corporation to middle class america mom and pop buisness. Me personally..I have never spent a United States dollar in one of thier nests so it could help support the Chineez!

Although I, like most everyone else, shop at Walmart for sundries and other essentials, when they moved to town, the owner of the big mall where many smaller shops were located (as well as some bigger ones like Sears, Pennys, Best Buy), wound up bankrupt because his tenants folded one after another. That also caused the tax base in the city to take a dive. It's the main reason why communities continue to fight a Walmart coming in.

OK....I'll play....

WHAT IS WELFARE?

The only valid use of tax money in your list is Police, Roads, and Fire department in my opinion.

And what? Cities contract out for sewer repair, road maintenance, snowplowing and other infrastructure? And what happens with one of those private contractors moves on to greener pastures?

This is the problem with you people. You don't THINK!

In many cases, if a woman's name was on the land patent she could vote....It's just that such a thing didn't happen very often.

If you don't buy in, you should have absolutely no say in how the game is played.

So you're admitting that government should be bought but only by those who stand to gain the most from their "investment." Good one.
I'm saying nothing of the sort....And that's an extremely pathetic attempt at putting words in my mouth.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

futurecityImpishimpi

What's that coming out of her nose? I
It's the spaceballs
Oh shit, there goes the planet

Or can you?

I'll admit to wearing my blonde wig every once in a while, but on this one I am not F-ing, nor am I stupid dear....

How about answering the question? Welfare is in the eye of the beholder, what is your view of welfare? corporate welfare? food stamps? TANF? Paying a farmer to not grow any food? Paying people to have children through extra tax credits that those without children do not get with the same workers in the household? The bank bailout institutions who paid no taxes AND got our tax monies? WHAT constitutes welfare in your mind?

All programs with the exception of military, police forces, infrastructure and environmental maintenance. Social Security is a program that Americans paid into so they should recoup the amount they put in and then we should end social security altogether or go back to the original intent. L.B. Johnson (D) really fucked it up by moving Social Security out of the Trust Fund and putting into the General Fund. And then Al Gore (being the tie-breaking vote) and his cronies voted into law taxing Social Security annnuities further fucking it up.

So where would you like to begin eliminating such programs? Your rant accomplishes nothing. But oh yeah, let's continue to lose a trillion or so a year by overlooking how the Penagon spends wrecklessly. That's the ticket.

"Walmart people"?
What the hell does that mean?

My daughter in law worked for Walmart for quite a while. She and my son together made too much to qualify for welfare.

My nephew, who is finishing up at Wheaton, worked at Walmart for mroe than a year and never collected a single welfare dime.

Walmart is a huge part of communities which have been hard hit by recession. When Fleetwood shut down, the fact that many of the wives of those employees worked at Walmart kept hundreds of families afloat in my home town.

Walmart has taken millions of american good paying jobs out of our communities and almost exclusivly purchases products from China. Walmart gets enormous coporate welfare in your local community at the expense of everyone in the country. Walmart employees are directed to leech off of the local community for health care and food stamps. But you go ahead on citizen and support the single most destructive corporation to middle class america mom and pop buisness. Me personally..I have never spent a United States dollar in one of thier nests so it could help support the Chineez!

Although I, like most everyone else, shop at Walmart for sundries and other essentials, when they moved to town, the owner of the big mall where many smaller shops were located (as well as some bigger ones like Sears, Pennys, Best Buy), wound up bankrupt because his tenants folded one after another. That also caused the tax base in the city to take a dive. It's the main reason why communities continue to fight a Walmart coming in.

However, while the small businesses may hire a half dozen people, Walmart puts dozens and hundreds to work.

You don't like selling products from other countries in the US, stop forcing our companies to pay exorbitant taxes and kowtow to unions.

The system is abused but I think every free citizen (not a prisoner, minor, committed mental patient, etc) should be allowed to vote... I think we should eliminate welfare, government entitlement programs, and ensure all citizens pay income tax at an equal share on every dollar earned... giving them a stake in the business of government to hopefully get them to stop calling for more of the abuse of it

If you're not taxed, then why do you need represented?

Who in this country is not taxed?

50% of workers in this country do not pay federal income tax.

So now you've up'd it to 50% when just this morning, it's 47%. You're a genius. Already explained how that happens: Income tax exemptions have been increased by the last four administrations, as well as the Earned Income Tax Credit which was a Reagan brain fart.

How about the recipient of corporate welfare? (Like all the big oil companies) Let's take away the voting rights of all the corporate employees of corporations on welfare.

If the country were being run the way it is supposed to be under the Constitution, we wouldn't have these issues to worry about to begin with, there would be no 'corporate welfare' or any other kind of welfare.

And you'd still be driving a horse and buggy on dirt roads, asking around town which poor house you can stick gramma and grampa in cuz they're too sick to contribute to your household by working in the fields.

Forum List

Back