Nobody on welfare should be allowed to vote

That will never happen.

The 47% who pay for nothing will no doubt vote for whoever wants to continue their free ride.

Wonder how long the country can afford em???

yeah...gotta make sure the rich people who make their money tax exempt start paying.

and let's get rid of that corporate welfare. :thup:

Yes. I'm all for getting rid of corporate welfare and all the subsidies as well.

As for the rich.

They already pay the majority of the Fed taxes that run this country.

Once the Bush tax cuts expire they will be paying even more.

Of course the Govt will try to tax them even more to pay for HC.

Will have to wait and see how that turns out and what the consequences will be.

when 1% of the population has 95% of the wealth, shouldn't they pay 95% of the tax burden given that's what proportionate to their earnings.

i'd submit they pay far less in terms of effect on their wealth.

this idea that they're being hurt is silly. they paid higher taxes when ronald reagan was president then they will after bush's tax cuts sunset.

btw... you are aware, yes, that bush was the only leader in the history of recorded time who cut taxes during wartime, right?

how about getting off of the subject of 'entitlements', which wouldn't be a drip... and get to the issue of military spending.

The welfare system isn't designed to help people. That's just a selling point. The purpose of welfare is to mandate that a portion of our income can be taken to pay the private companies who finance the welfare system. Welfare is a profit scheme for the banks who earn interest from it every time a budget bill is passed and financed by them.

That's one of many reasons why welfare recipients will always be allowed to vote. It's also why so many welfare recipients receive funds even when they are capable of working. If it means bigger welfare budgets, it means more of our income can be taken and placed into the pockets (as interest payments) of those who finance the welfare budgets.

That will never happen.

The 47% who pay for nothing will no doubt vote for whoever wants to continue their free ride.

Wonder how long the country can afford em???

That "free ride" began with Reagan, who first installed the Earned Income Tax Credit, and administrations thereafter increasing the amount of tax exemptions. Today, with the average annual salary still being around $50,000, it's no wonder that 47% escape income taxes. But they get zapped with payroll taxes, which is why Warren Buffett makes the claim that he pays less taxes than his own secretary.

The welfare system isn't designed to help people. That's just a selling point. The purpose of welfare is to mandate that a portion of our income can be taken to pay the private companies who finance the welfare system. Welfare is a profit scheme for the banks who earn interest from it every time a budget bill is passed and financed by them.

That's one of many reasons why welfare recipients will always be allowed to vote. It's also why so many welfare recipients receive funds even when they are capable of working. If it means bigger welfare budgets, it means more of our income can be taken and placed into the pockets (as interest payments) of those who finance the welfare budgets.

Most Adults receiving Welfare ARE working....ever since Gingrich welfare reform that passed in the late 90's is my understanding....or did his welfare reform NOT WORK?

Nobody who doesn't own property should be able to vote.

OK - but, of course, they won't have to pay taxes or obey any laws, since they will be unable to take any action to influence those areas of the government.

Taxation without representation - let's see, where have we heard that before . . ?
What in hell are you talking about?

Nobody on welfare should be allowed to vote

So you don't think the employees of the TARP recipients should be allowed to vote?.. mmmmm??? Interesting.... Walmart employees get as much welfare from every community they leach off of ....I see your point!

Not to mention the oil corps ...they take a huge welfare check ...hundreds of billions a year.

Or is it really just the extremely poor with no one to turn to that you begrudge a stipend?

I suspect it isn't handouts that bother you..it is the opportunity to step on rather than give assistance to someone that is at an extreme disadvantage. No doubt there is a racist component to your motivation. Yup! You are clearly a fine american.

And thanks for playing "What was it that it says on the Statue of Liberty anyway"?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

"Walmart people"?
What the hell does that mean?

My daughter in law worked for Walmart for quite a while. She and my son together made too much to qualify for welfare.

My nephew, who is finishing up at Wheaton, worked at Walmart for mroe than a year and never collected a single welfare dime.

Walmart is a huge part of communities which have been hard hit by recession. When Fleetwood shut down, the fact that many of the wives of those employees worked at Walmart kept hundreds of families afloat in my home town.

Walmart is a conundrum.
It became what it is based on cheap Chinese imports.
And now it gives jobs to those whom Chinese imports displaced the jobs of.
Another step down the ladder of prosperity?

Now gal dangit US.

I love Walmart. I buy groceries there and just about anything else you can think of.

Prices are great.

BTW Did you buy your lady that Lexus you were talking about?? LOL

Dud is a big government stooge. I bet he supports the death penalty, too.

:thup:
anklebite.gif

Its not the voters that are the problem, its the people they vote for.

The system is busted, they won't follow the rules anymore, and even worse, the last arbiter of the rules (the Supreme court) is appointed and approved by the same clowns who defy the system as is.

Last edited:

The system is busted, they won't follow the rules anymore, and even worse, the last arbiter of the rules (the Supreme court) is appointed and approved by the same clowns who defy the system as is.

Um....isn't that what the Constitution says to do?

Why do you make it a habit to throw out pointless non sequitors?

yeah...gotta make sure the rich people who make their money tax exempt start paying.

and let's get rid of that corporate welfare. :thup:

Yes. I'm all for getting rid of corporate welfare and all the subsidies as well.

As for the rich.

when 1% of the population has 95% of the wealth, shouldn't they pay 95% of the tax burden given that's what proportionate to their earnings.

this idea that they're being hurt is silly. they paid higher taxes when ronald reagan was president then they will after bush's tax cuts sunset.

btw... you are aware, yes, that bush was the only leader in the history of recorded time who cut taxes during wartime, right?

how about getting off of the subject of 'entitlements', which wouldn't be a drip... and get to the issue of military spending.

So. If your successfull and rich you should pay all the taxes and if your not you pay very little or none??

Such a deal beiing successful and rich. LOL

As for military spending. That needs cutting also.

Kinda hard to do when your fighting wars though.

I'm sure once the troops are out of Iraq and Afghanistan the military will be cut to the bone.

Of course we will just have to hope that we don't have to fight another war. LOL

Most Adults receiving Welfare ARE working....ever since Gingrich welfare reform that passed in the late 90's is my understanding....or did his welfare reform NOT WORK?

Whether it worked or not, the primary purpose of welfare is to legislate the transfer of individual paychecks into the profit statements of the banks who fund the welfare budgets. Helping the poor is just the excuse to justify the theft.

As for the rich.

So. If your successfull and rich you should pay all the taxes and if your not you pay very little or none??

Such a deal beiing successful and rich. LOL

As for military spending. That needs cutting also.

Kinda hard to do when your fighting wars though.

I'm sure once the troops are out of Iraq and Afghanistan the military will be cut to the bone.

Of course we will just have to hope that we don't have to fight another war. LOL

Do we have to go to another war daddy?

Yes

Why

Mushroom clouds

Thats crazy

Shut up

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

Was looking at the Ben Franklin quote.
Hmmmmm,
"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

I agree, no voting for those on welfare,

After the Congress and Senate stop voting themselves money to pad their bank accounts using the 'pot of gold' the taxpayers supply 'voluntarily'.

The end was heralded apparently when it began. The worse offenders are the very people we elect to office to represent our best interests and they serve theirs first, in many cases. :lol:

The 15th Amendment provides specifically that the right to vote shall not be denied or abridged on the basis of race, color or previous condition of servitude. You people tout yourselves as being such "constitutionalists," yet only when the various clauses therein favor your current political agenda.

Well...you said they won't follow the rules anymore and then you say it's worse...etc. But what you say is worse is exactly following what the Constitution says to do....so, I must confess I am confused by your complaint about them not following the rules.

i'd bet 10 bucks that at least 50% of the people collecting welfare, don't even vote!

I would have agreed with you, before they put Obama in office. I think more of the welfare recipients voted for him than ever before. Of course, they did believe he was going to give them everything.

whew! just amazing how the ability to use critical thinking is lacking....it's like a brain fart or something...shees sheesh sheesh.... shaking my head....we obviously need to add CIVICS, and Constitution study, as a requirement to high school and college

It once WAS a requirement.

I'm actually all for having a short quiz given at the time a person registers to vote because I believe far too many people have either no clue how "government" is supposed to operate or they are completely mislead and/or misinformed by the talking heads they see on television.

A person applying for citizenship needs to do some heavy homework on civics and then take a test which includes a selection out of 100 questions. If we can demand that of a brand new citizen, I would think our own natural born citizens should be able to answer at least, say five, predominent questions on the makeup of government and the job descriptions of the three branches as detailed in the original Constitution. I'll wager that an awful lot of natural born people who vote can't even name what those three branches are.

Here's some of those citizenship questions. Which ones would you include in the five asked when someone fills out a voter registration form?

Pass the US Citizenship Test | Sample Citizenship Questions

Well...you said they won't follow the rules anymore and then you say it's worse...etc. But what you say is worse is exactly following what the Constitution says to do....so, I must confess I am confused by your complaint about them not following the rules.
Nonsense are you know it.

If you claim you don't understand that hey no longer follow the consititution are either lying or simple minded, so stop trying to always play these silly games.

Its old.

Forum List

Back