Nobody on welfare should be allowed to vote

Any American citizen with enough civic pride to register and vote should be allowed to. I don't think there are any deadbeats out there with civic pride.

What percentage of registered voters actually vote?

OK....I'll play....

WHAT IS WELFARE?

Food stamps? Social Security? Medicare? Disability? Unemployment? Veterans Disability? Child tax credits? Earned income credit? TANF? College grants? Corporate Credits and loopholes given? Police Dept? Roads? Fire Depts? Agriculture grants and credits?

Do all the people that get these type of things legislated by our government not get to vote either? Or they get to keep voting for the people to represent the tax monies that they want put in to THEIR PROGRAMS of FAVOR?

You can't be so fucking stupid that you don't know what constitutes welfare.

Or can you?

I'll admit to wearing my blonde wig every once in a while, but on this one I am not F-ing, nor am I stupid dear....

How about answering the question? Welfare is in the eye of the beholder, what is your view of welfare? corporate welfare? food stamps? TANF? Paying a farmer to not grow any food? Paying people to have children through extra tax credits that those without children do not get with the same workers in the household? The bank bailout institutions who paid no taxes AND got our tax monies? WHAT constitutes welfare in your mind?

OK....I'll play....

WHAT IS WELFARE?

Food stamps? Social Security? Medicare? Disability? Unemployment? Veterans Disability? Child tax credits? Earned income credit? TANF? College grants? Corporate Credits and loopholes given? Police Dept? Roads? Fire Depts? Agriculture grants and credits?

Do all the people that get these type of things legislated by our government not get to vote either? Or they get to keep voting for the people to represent the tax monies that they want put in to THEIR PROGRAMS of FAVOR?

I was going to say the same thing.

If welfare recipients didn't vote, the dems wouldn't have a leg to stand on, so I'm torn!

Dud turns out to be a fascist. Big surprise.

Actually, I believe this is how we began...where only Male, White, property owners could vote.... not 100% certain if this continued after our constitution was ratified, but i believe it was the case with the union?
And in some states, only WASPS could vote. However, the constitution clearly says "we the people" and while you could base citizenship on property ownership it would be disingenuous to do so. That assumes that only property owners contribute to the country...and nothing is further from the truth.

Defining who is a contributing member of society based on their ownership of property is fascism.

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

So you don't think the employees of the TARP recipients should be allowed to vote?.. mmmmm??? Interesting.... Walmart employees get as much welfare from every community they leach off of ....I see your point!

Not to mention the oil corps ...they take a huge welfare check ...hundreds of billions a year.

Or is it really just the extremely poor with no one to turn to that you begrudge a stipend?

I suspect it isn't handouts that bother you..it is the opportunity to step on rather than give assistance to someone that is at an extreme disadvantage. No doubt there is a racist component to your motivation. Yup! You are clearly a fine american.

And thanks for playing "What was it that it says on the Statue of Liberty anyway"?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

But Ravi, isn't "people" a subjective term?
Truth is, after all. I'm sure a lot of things could be subjective...

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

So you don't think the employees of the TARP recipients should be allowed to vote?.. mmmmm??? Interesting.... Walmart employees get as much welfare from every community they leach off of ....I see your point!

Not to mention the oil corps ...they take a huge welfare check ...hundreds of billions a year.

Or is it really just the extremely poor with no one to turn to that you begrudge a stipend?

I suspect it isn't handouts that bother you..it is the opportunity to step on rather than give assistance to someone that is at an extreme disadvantage. No doubt there is a racist component to your motivation. Yup! You are clearly a fine american.

And thanks for playing "What was it that it says on the Statue of Liberty anyway"?

"Walmart people"?
What the hell does that mean?

My daughter in law worked for Walmart for quite a while. She and my son together made too much to qualify for welfare.

My nephew, who is finishing up at Wheaton, worked at Walmart for mroe than a year and never collected a single welfare dime.

Walmart is a huge part of communities which have been hard hit by recession. When Fleetwood shut down, the fact that many of the wives of those employees worked at Walmart kept hundreds of families afloat in my home town.

Dud turns out to be a fascist. Big surprise.

Actually, I believe this is how we began...where only Male, White, property owners could vote.... not 100% certain if this continued after our constitution was ratified, but i believe it was the case with the union?
And in some states, only WASPS could vote. However, the constitution clearly says "we the people" and while you could base citizenship on property ownership it would be disingenuous to do so. That assumes that only property owners contribute to the country...and nothing is further from the truth.

Defining who is a contributing member of society based on their ownership of property is fascism.

Yes I agree! And this kind of thinking is how our voting rights progressed and came to where we are today....!!!

I would not want to go backwards, as Dude is suggesting, but it was the state we were in, when we were founded....that's all I am saying....and I don't think it was fascism, back then, or thought of such back then? I am just being picky, I suppose! :lol:

http://www.infoplease.com/timelines/voting.html

OK....I'll play....

WHAT IS WELFARE?

You can't be so fucking stupid that you don't know what constitutes welfare.

Or can you?

OK, give us a clear, concise definition of Welfare....including what its real name is.

Yes I agree! And this kind of thinking is how our voting rights progressed and came to where we are today....!!!

I would not want to go backwards, as Dude is suggesting, but it was the state we were in, when we were founded....that's all I am saying....and I don't think it was fascism, back then, or thought of such back then? I am just being picky, I suppose! :lol:

U.S. Voting Rights

The land requirement was for federal elections...The states could make any rules they wanted.

See: Dual sovereignty, separation of powers, etcetera.

We are NOT citizens because we pay taxes...sheesh, how silly is that notion....and as citizens we deserve representation, even if on welfare.....and i also believe, even when released from prison after serving your time....

I think YOU ALL have it wayyyyyyyy wrong....

It is suppose to be:

NO TAXATION, WITHOUT REPRESENTATION

instead you all are so back asswards and are trying to say:

NO REPRESENTATION, WITHOUT TAXATION....

that's JUST PLAIN LOONY in my book!!!!!:cuckoo:

If you're not taxed, then why do you need represented?

All of age persons who are citizens of the US should be able to vote. That is Constitutional and correct. Where you missed this one is allowing welfare to begin with. Add an amendment to clarify the general welfare clause and the problem is solved.

Exactly.

"Walmart people"?
What the hell does that mean?

My daughter in law worked for Walmart for quite a while. She and my son together made too much to qualify for welfare.

My nephew, who is finishing up at Wheaton, worked at Walmart for mroe than a year and never collected a single welfare dime.

Walmart is a huge part of communities which have been hard hit by recession. When Fleetwood shut down, the fact that many of the wives of those employees worked at Walmart kept hundreds of families afloat in my home town.

Walmart has taken millions of american good paying jobs out of our communities and almost exclusivly purchases products from China. Walmart gets enormous coporate welfare in your local community at the expense of everyone in the country. Walmart employees are directed to leech off of the local community for health care and food stamps. But you go ahead on citizen and support the single most destructive corporation to middle class america mom and pop buisness. Me personally..I have never spent a United States dollar in one of thier nests so it could help support the Chineez!

OK....I'll play....

WHAT IS WELFARE?

The only valid use of tax money in your list is Police, Roads, and Fire department in my opinion.

Forum List

Back