Nobody on welfare should be allowed to vote

I'll admit to wearing my blonde wig every once in a while, but on this one I am not F-ing, nor am I stupid dear....

How about answering the question? Welfare is in the eye of the beholder, what is your view of welfare? corporate welfare? food stamps? TANF? Paying a farmer to not grow any food? Paying people to have children through extra tax credits that those without children do not get with the same workers in the household? The bank bailout institutions who paid no taxes AND got our tax monies? WHAT constitutes welfare in your mind?

All programs with the exception of military, police forces, infrastructure and environmental maintenance. Social Security is a program that Americans paid into so they should recoup the amount they put in and then we should end social security altogether or go back to the original intent. L.B. Johnson (D) really fucked it up by moving Social Security out of the Trust Fund and putting into the General Fund. And then Al Gore (being the tie-breaking vote) and his cronies voted into law taxing Social Security annnuities further fucking it up.

And lets not forget Reagan upping the withholding too much so that the govt would have a trillion or two more to spend on other stuff like Star Warz.

Congress approved every dime. Republicans controlled the senate, the Democrats controlled the House.

How about the recipient of corporate welfare? (Like all the big oil companies) Let's take away the voting rights of all the corporate employees of corporations on welfare.

If the country were being run the way it is supposed to be under the Constitution, we wouldn't have these issues to worry about to begin with, there would be no 'corporate welfare' or any other kind of welfare.

I agree about eliminating ALL forms of welfare if you are going to tackle welfare at all.

As do I. Every federal program across the board should be cut by 5 to 10% as a start to get the deficit under control. Then no one can bitch that it's only their interest that's getting cut.

That will never happen.

The 47% who pay for nothing will no doubt vote for whoever wants to continue their free ride.

Wonder how long the country can afford em???

yeah...gotta make sure the rich people who make their money tax exempt start paying.

and let's get rid of that corporate welfare. :thup:

Name those "rich" people whose money is tax exempt.

I agree about eliminating ALL forms of welfare if you are going to tackle welfare at all.

I could go along with that too....Problem is the GOP hates welfare that helps people..... but loves welfare that helps corporations.

I could go along with that too....Problem is the GOP hates welfare that helps people..... but loves welfare that helps corporations.

Making people rely on the government for their living is not 'helping' them, it's enslaving them.

That will never happen.

The 47% who pay for nothing will no doubt vote for whoever wants to continue their free ride.

yeah...gotta make sure the rich people who make their money tax exempt start paying.

Name those "rich" people whose money is tax exempt.

Exxon?

Remember corporations are people too.

And some of these people want to think they true patriots but want to prevent people the right to vote. :cuckoo:

i'd bet 10 bucks that at least 50% of the people collecting welfare, don't even vote!

Yeah, seriously. Might inconvenience their facts. Just like someone claimed a while back that gangbangers voted, yeah right!

Let's imagine we are ordering a pizza for 10 people who need to decide on the toppings democratically. Each additional topping costs an extra dollar.

If roughly half the people eating aren't paying what incentive do they have to me a sound financial decision?

If roughly half the people are being forced to pay for toppings they don't want what incentive do they have to keep paying?

i feel the same about people who have lawyers who work on contingency... no incentive to settle.

but given that individuals don't make most decisions, their representatives do, one would think those things should be taken into consideration.

and again, there seems to be this sense that only landed gentry should vote because only landed gentry have adequate money.

notwithstanding the stupidity of that pov from a societal perspective, i'd suggest that there is far more manipulation of tax loopholes by exactly the monied classes.

Now we have defined what it is and some mistakes that were made. Start implementing the policies. Yes, Reagan was not perfect, but many of the things that were said and done were excellent. Use the plan with more limited gevernment.

None of the republicans back to and including Reagan have reduced the size of govt.
Seems like the only one to do that was clowntoon.

can i presume you mean clinton? yes. he downsized government.

give them about 30 seconds, though... they'll say newt did it.

Are you suggesting Newt didn't have anything to do with it? If so then perhaps you should read a history book or two.

Defining who is a contributing member of society based on their ownership of property is fascism.

Really?
Perhaps you would care to study what fascism actually means.

Requiring people to own property in order to vote insures they have a stake in the land. Someone without property could vote for something they realized would be devastating to the region (City, State, Nation) and leave when it turned out they were correct.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb disputing the vote."
Turns out Ben Franklin must have been a fascist too, at least by your moronic standards.
Non sequitur. Thanks for playing. :thup:

Making people rely on the government for their living is not 'helping' them, it's enslaving them.

But is it enslaving the Corporation as well, that relies on Corporate welfare newby?

That will never happen.

Yes. I'm all for getting rid of corporate welfare and all the subsidies as well.

As for the rich.

They already pay the majority of the Fed taxes that run this country.

Once the Bush tax cuts expire they will be paying even more.

Of course the Govt will try to tax them even more to pay for HC.

Will have to wait and see how that turns out and what the consequences will be.

Even though the system is abused, I disagree. It was the politicians who put the system in place to begin with. Besides, look at how many voters keep assholes in office because of all the pork they bring to their district.
Which is why people who own nothing shouldn't be voting....They don't really have to foot the bill for anything.

You describe an oligarchy. North Korea is an oligarchy. Who would you choose to be our Dear Leader?

Nobody who doesn't own property should be able to vote.

OK - but, of course, they won't have to pay taxes or obey any laws, since they will be unable to take any action to influence those areas of the government.

Taxation without representation - let's see, where have we heard that before . . ?

Forum List

Back