Nobody on welfare should be allowed to vote

Actually, I believe this is how we began...where only Male, White, property owners could vote.... not 100% certain if this continued after our constitution was ratified, but i believe it was the case with the union?
And in some states, only WASPS could vote. However, the constitution clearly says "we the people" and while you could base citizenship on property ownership it would be disingenuous to do so. That assumes that only property owners contribute to the country...and nothing is further from the truth.

Defining who is a contributing member of society based on their ownership of property is fascism.

Yes I agree! And this kind of thinking is how our voting rights progressed and came to where we are today....!!!

I would not want to go backwards, as Dude is suggesting, but it was the state we were in, when we were founded....that's all I am saying....and I don't think it was fascism, back then, or thought of such back then? I am just being picky, I suppose! :lol:

U.S. Voting Rights
I disagree. I think putting a condition on who has citizenship rights creates second class citizens...no different that is done in fascist regimes, i.e., Hitler and the Jews, gypsies, etc.

Last edited by a moderator:
OK....I'll play....

WHAT IS WELFARE?

Food stamps? Social Security? Medicare? Disability? Unemployment? Veterans Disability? Child tax credits? Earned income credit? TANF? College grants? Corporate Credits and loopholes given? Police Dept? Roads? Fire Depts? Agriculture grants and credits?

Do all the people that get these type of things legislated by our government not get to vote either? Or they get to keep voting for the people to represent the tax monies that they want put in to THEIR PROGRAMS of FAVOR?

You can't be so fucking stupid that you don't know what constitutes welfare.

Or can you?

I'll admit to wearing my blonde wig every once in a while, but on this one I am not F-ing, nor am I stupid dear....

How about answering the question? Welfare is in the eye of the beholder, what is your view of welfare? corporate welfare? food stamps? TANF? Paying a farmer to not grow any food? Paying people to have children through extra tax credits that those without children do not get with the same workers in the household? The bank bailout institutions who paid no taxes AND got our tax monies? WHAT constitutes welfare in your mind?

All programs with the exception of military, police forces, infrastructure and environmental maintenance. Social Security is a program that Americans paid into so they should recoup the amount they put in and then we should end social security altogether or go back to the original intent. L.B. Johnson (D) really fucked it up by moving Social Security out of the Trust Fund and putting into the General Fund. And then Al Gore (being the tie-breaking vote) and his cronies voted into law taxing Social Security annnuities further fucking it up.

We are NOT citizens because we pay taxes...sheesh, how silly is that notion....and as citizens we deserve representation, even if on welfare.....and i also believe, even when released from prison after serving your time....

I think YOU ALL have it wayyyyyyyy wrong....

It is suppose to be:

NO TAXATION, WITHOUT REPRESENTATION

instead you all are so back asswards and are trying to say:

NO REPRESENTATION, WITHOUT TAXATION....

that's JUST PLAIN LOONY in my book!!!!!:cuckoo:

If you're not taxed, then why do you need represented?

Who in this country is not taxed?

"When the people find they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic" - Benjamin Franklin

Nobody on welfare should be allowed to vote

So you don't think the employees of the TARP recipients should be allowed to vote?.. mmmmm??? Interesting.... Walmart employees get as much welfare from every community they leach off of ....I see your point!

Not to mention the oil corps ...they take a huge welfare check ...hundreds of billions a year.

Or is it really just the extremely poor with no one to turn to that you begrudge a stipend?

I suspect it isn't handouts that bother you..it is the opportunity to step on rather than give assistance to someone that is at an extreme disadvantage. No doubt there is a racist component to your motivation. Yup! You are clearly a fine american.

And thanks for playing "What was it that it says on the Statue of Liberty anyway"?

:clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2::clap2:

"Walmart people"?
What the hell does that mean?

My daughter in law worked for Walmart for quite a while. She and my son together made too much to qualify for welfare.

My nephew, who is finishing up at Wheaton, worked at Walmart for mroe than a year and never collected a single welfare dime.

Walmart is a huge part of communities which have been hard hit by recession. When Fleetwood shut down, the fact that many of the wives of those employees worked at Walmart kept hundreds of families afloat in my home town.

Walmart is a conundrum.
It became what it is based on cheap Chinese imports.
And now it gives jobs to those whom Chinese imports displaced the jobs of.
Another step down the ladder of prosperity?

You can't be so fucking stupid that you don't know what constitutes welfare.

Or can you?

I'll admit to wearing my blonde wig every once in a while, but on this one I am not F-ing, nor am I stupid dear....

How about answering the question? Welfare is in the eye of the beholder, what is your view of welfare? corporate welfare? food stamps? TANF? Paying a farmer to not grow any food? Paying people to have children through extra tax credits that those without children do not get with the same workers in the household? The bank bailout institutions who paid no taxes AND got our tax monies? WHAT constitutes welfare in your mind?

All programs with the exception of military, police forces, infrastructure and environmental maintenance. Social Security is a program that Americans paid into so they should recoup the amount they put in and then we should end social security altogether or go back to the original intent. L.B. Johnson (D) really fucked it up by moving Social Security out of the Trust Fund and putting into the General Fund. And then Al Gore (being the tie-breaking vote) and his cronies voted into law taxing Social Security annnuities further fucking it up.

And lets not forget Reagan upping the withholding too much so that the govt would have a trillion or two more to spend on other stuff like Star Warz.

We are NOT citizens because we pay taxes...sheesh, how silly is that notion....and as citizens we deserve representation, even if on welfare.....and i also believe, even when released from prison after serving your time....

I think YOU ALL have it wayyyyyyyy wrong....

It is suppose to be:

NO TAXATION, WITHOUT REPRESENTATION

instead you all are so back asswards and are trying to say:

NO REPRESENTATION, WITHOUT TAXATION....

that's JUST PLAIN LOONY in my book!!!!!:cuckoo:

If you're not taxed, then why do you need represented?

Who in this country is not taxed?

50% of workers in this country do not pay federal income tax.

Now we have defined what it is and some mistakes that were made. Start implementing the policies. Yes, Reagan was not perfect, but many of the things that were said and done were excellent. Use the plan with more limited gevernment.

How about the recipient of corporate welfare? (Like all the big oil companies) Let's take away the voting rights of all the corporate employees of corporations on welfare.

How about the recipient of corporate welfare? (Like all the big oil companies) Let's take away the voting rights of all the corporate employees of corporations on welfare.

If the country were being run the way it is supposed to be under the Constitution, we wouldn't have these issues to worry about to begin with, there would be no 'corporate welfare' or any other kind of welfare.

Now we have defined what it is and some mistakes that were made. Start implementing the policies. Yes, Reagan was not perfect, but many of the things that were said and done were excellent. Use the plan with more limited gevernment.

None of the republicans back to and including Reagan have reduced the size of govt.
Seems like the only one to do that was clowntoon.

Let's imagine we are ordering a pizza for 10 people who need to decide on the toppings democratically. Each additional topping costs an extra dollar.

If roughly half the people eating aren't paying what incentive do they have to me a sound financial decision?

If roughly half the people are being forced to pay for toppings they don't want what incentive do they have to keep paying?

None of the republicans back to and including Reagan have reduced the size of govt.

can i presume you mean clinton? yes. he downsized government.

give them about 30 seconds, though... they'll say newt did it.

If the country were being run the way it is supposed to be under the Constitution, we wouldn't have these issues to worry about to begin with, there would be no 'corporate welfare' or any other kind of welfare.

I agree about eliminating ALL forms of welfare if you are going to tackle welfare at all.

Your busy assigning blame and finding fault. I'm suggesting a course of action and a solution.

can i presume you mean clinton? yes. he downsized government.

give them about 30 seconds, though... they'll say newt did it.

The government has been increasing in size and power substantially since the early 1900's, I don't give a damn which political party did it, it needs to stop and stop now.

Defining who is a contributing member of society based on their ownership of property is fascism.

Really?
Perhaps you would care to study what fascism actually means.

Requiring people to own property in order to vote insures they have a stake in the land. Someone without property could vote for something they realized would be devastating to the region (City, State, Nation) and leave when it turned out they were correct.

"Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well armed lamb disputing the vote."
Turns out Ben Franklin must have been a fascist too, at least by your moronic standards.

Your busy assigning blame and finding fault. I'm suggesting a course of action and a solution.

Me too don't elect republicans like Reagan, Bush I and Bush II.
Elect Dems like Clowntoon.

And get us the heck out of trillion dollar plus wars.

Forum List

Back