Noaa says July was hottest in 136 years!

Global warming is a fraud. The temperature inside my freezer has been exactly 15 degrees fahrenheit since I bought it in 2010.
Mine is set at 9 degrees. You do have global warming in your freezer.

No. That being the case, I am now convinced that Gore had my thermometer rigged to show a fake temperature!
BTW, with a temperature difference that great, you will have more extreme storms, hurricanes, floods and droughts in your freezer. Be ready for the contents to fly around.

There has NEVER been a drought in my freezer! In fact, statistics show that the water flows into the ice maker on an average of every 29 hours.....

July

July 2015 Blended Land and Sea Surface
Temperature Percentiles

The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for July 2015 was the highest for July in the 136-year period of record, at 0.81°C (1.46°F) above the 20th century average of 15.8°C (60.4°F), surpassing the previous record set in 1998 by 0.08°C (0.14°F). As July is climatologically the warmest month of the year globally, this monthly global temperature of 16.61°C (61.86°F) was also the highest among all 1627 months in the record that began in January 1880. The July temperature is currently increasing at an average rate of 0.65°C (1.17°F) per century.

Separately, the July average temperature across global land surfaces was 0.96°C (1.73°F) above the 20th century average, the sixth warmest for July on record. Large regions of Earth's land surfaces were much warmer than average, according to the Land & Ocean Temperature Percentiles map above. The average temperature for Africa was the second highest for July on record, behind only 2002, with regional record warmth across much of eastern Africa into central areas of the continent. Record warmth was also observed across much of northern South America, parts of southern Europe and central Asia, and the far western United States. A large swath stretching from eastern Scandinavia into western Siberia was cooler than average, with part of western Russia much cooler than average. Cooler than average temperatures were also observed across parts of eastern and southern Asia and scattered areas in central and northern North America.

The first seven months of 2015 comprised the warmest such period on record across the world's land and ocean surfaces, at 0.85°C (1.53°F) above the 20th century average, surpassing the previous record set in 2010 by 0.09°C (0.16°F).
Five months this year, including the past three, have been record warm for their respective months. January was the second warmest January on record and April third warmest.

The average global sea surface temperature of +0.67°C (+1.21°F) for the year-to-date was the highest for January–July in the 136-year period of record, surpassing the previous record of 2010 by 0.06°C (0.11°F). The average land surface temperature of +1.34°C (+2.41°F) was also the highest on record, surpassing the previous record of 2007 by 0.15°C (0.27°F).

Global Analysis - July 2015 | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

Damn,,,That is all that needs to be said.
Where February ranked in the coldest months of the past 120 years
In new Jersey. LMAO. Did you expect people to think you were talking globally because you posted a map of planet Earth? Your link is about New Jersey.

Global warming is a fraud. The temperature inside my freezer has been exactly 15 degrees fahrenheit since I bought it in 2010.

No. That being the case, I am now convinced that Gore had my thermometer rigged to show a fake temperature!
BTW, with a temperature difference that great, you will have more extreme storms, hurricanes, floods and droughts in your freezer. Be ready for the contents to fly around.

There has NEVER been a drought in my freezer! In fact, statistics show that the water flows into the ice maker on an average of ever 29 hours.....
are you sure it's ice? I heard there was no more ice, it all melted. You then must have sea level rise.

July

Temperature Percentiles

The combined average temperature over global land and ocean surfaces for July 2015 was the highest for July in the 136-year period of record, at 0.81°C (1.46°F) above the 20th century average of 15.8°C (60.4°F), surpassing the previous record set in 1998 by 0.08°C (0.14°F). As July is climatologically the warmest month of the year globally, this monthly global temperature of 16.61°C (61.86°F) was also the highest among all 1627 months in the record that began in January 1880. The July temperature is currently increasing at an average rate of 0.65°C (1.17°F) per century.

Separately, the July average temperature across global land surfaces was 0.96°C (1.73°F) above the 20th century average, the sixth warmest for July on record. Large regions of Earth's land surfaces were much warmer than average, according to the Land & Ocean Temperature Percentiles map above. The average temperature for Africa was the second highest for July on record, behind only 2002, with regional record warmth across much of eastern Africa into central areas of the continent. Record warmth was also observed across much of northern South America, parts of southern Europe and central Asia, and the far western United States. A large swath stretching from eastern Scandinavia into western Siberia was cooler than average, with part of western Russia much cooler than average. Cooler than average temperatures were also observed across parts of eastern and southern Asia and scattered areas in central and northern North America.

The first seven months of 2015 comprised the warmest such period on record across the world's land and ocean surfaces, at 0.85°C (1.53°F) above the 20th century average, surpassing the previous record set in 2010 by 0.09°C (0.16°F).
Five months this year, including the past three, have been record warm for their respective months. January was the second warmest January on record and April third warmest.

The average global sea surface temperature of +0.67°C (+1.21°F) for the year-to-date was the highest for January–July in the 136-year period of record, surpassing the previous record of 2010 by 0.06°C (0.11°F). The average land surface temperature of +1.34°C (+2.41°F) was also the highest on record, surpassing the previous record of 2007 by 0.15°C (0.27°F).

Global Analysis - July 2015 | National Centers for Environmental Information (NCEI)

In new Jersey. LMAO.
yo dude, you going to answer my questions or shuck and jive all day? Where's it warmer and where is the globe's thermometer at? Because from what I know, there are only local ones.

I find it insulting to expect people to believe that temperatures change 0.18 when the devices to read temperatures don't track at the tenth or hundredth of a degree. Funny stuff Matt.
Funny how my very cheap body thermometer tracks to tenths of a degree. In fact there are some that track to .01 degree!

Mabis Healthcare Digital Basal Thermometer with .01 Precision | Overstock.com Shopping - The Best Deals on Thermometers

Mabis-Healthcare-Digital-Basal-Thermometer-with-.01-Precision-L11519909.jpg

Mabis Healthcare Digital Basal Thermometer with .01 Precision

There has NEVER been a drought in my freezer! In fact, statistics show that the water flows into the ice maker on an average of ever 29 hours.....
are you sure it's ice? I heard there was no more ice, it all melted. You then must have sea level rise.

Well, I did experience sea level rise in 2005 in New Orleans...In fact, it rose to the handle of my refrigerator. But that was actually caused by Al Gore's jet blowing up a storm surge as he left the Louis Armstrong airport.

July

Temperature Percentiles

In new Jersey. LMAO. Did you expect people to think you were talking globally because you posted a map of planet Earth? Your link is about New Jersey.
Your OP is fantasy....in a billion years there had to be a hottest period...and a coldest period....how about posting the coldest, then?

A summary of the denier logic failures on this thread.

1. "Climate changed naturally in the past, which proves humans can't change climate!"

2. "I hate Al Gore, so global warming is a hoax!"

3. "I don't understand what "global" means, so I'll cherrypick this one cold spot!"

4. "All the data has been faked! Because I say so!"

5. "I have no idea of how statistics work! Since I'm such a moron, all the scientists must be wrong!"

6. "This prediction that one journalist made was stupid, so that proves those scientists don't know nuffin!"

7. "I'm a proud stalinist who wants all climate scientists thrown in jail for thoughtcrime against TheParty!"

And that's why the whole planet just ignores deniers. And it's why the deniers have retreated to group crying sessions on message boards.

Mercury_Thermometer.jpg

^ Not accurate to any decimal places
41BS7e7T4vL._SL1200_.jpg

^ Accurate to two decimal places.

Unless that was used 136 years ago you just succeeded in making a mockery of the op.

Oh, congratulations!
You do realize that the OP is using an AVERAGE of the 100 years of the 20th century, and averages rarely come out without a decimal place or two!!

You succeeded in making a mockery of yourself.

Oh, congratulations!

Mercury_Thermometer.jpg

41BS7e7T4vL._SL1200_.jpg

Unless that was used 136 years ago you just succeeded in making a mockery of the op.

Oh, congratulations!
You do realize that the OP is using an AVERAGE of the 100 years of the 20th century, and averages rarely come out without a decimal place or two!!

Oh, congratulations!

We weren't measuring out to 2 decimal places 100 years ago!!!

Omfg

Are you really THAT FUCKING STUPID????

Mercury_Thermometer.jpg

41BS7e7T4vL._SL1200_.jpg

Oh, congratulations!

Oh, congratulations!

Omfg

It doesn't matter, when you AVERAGE 100 years of temperatures you will most likely get 2 decimal places even if every single temperature was a whole number, except in denier "fuzzy math," of course.

Omfg

Mercury_Thermometer.jpg

41BS7e7T4vL._SL1200_.jpg

Oh, congratulations!

Oh, congratulations!

Omfg

It doesn't matter, when you AVERAGE 100 years of temperatures you will most likely get 2 decimal places even if every single temperature was a whole number, except in denier "fuzzy math," of course.

Omfg

I'll save the electrons the terrible fate of trying to educate you.

41BS7e7T4vL._SL1200_.jpg

Oh, congratulations!

Oh, congratulations!

Omfg

Omfg

I'll save the electrons the terrible fate of trying to educate you.
You need to take a refresher course in First Grade arithmetic!

Here average these numbers;
---------
100 divided by 7 = 14.2857143

Last edited:
July was the hottest month in Earth’s hottest year on record so far

Conservatives will now talk about cherrypicked local places within the United States where it wasn't so hot.
It's what they do. They go local.

Really? On which planet is that? According to the historical temperature record this July has been very mild. In my region we have had no days over 100 degree's which hasn't happened in decades. By far the hottest time on record is the 1930's.

You are spewing nothing but propaganda. Sad that you are too stupid to believe it...
Once more we see Mr. Westwall lying. No, worldwide, the 1930's are not the warmest time on record. That last 17 years are the warmest time on record. NOAA, NASA, the Japanese Meteorological Agency, and every other modern nations meteorological agencies say so. But we are supposed to believe flap yap rightwingnut ideologues on the internet.

Forum List

Back