No terrorists here

Only as long as the police can enforce the citation. If they don't have the means to do so then it is meaningless..

And the international community has the ability to enforce most of their decisions. They just do so in indirect ways. Sanctions. Diplomatic punishment. Other avenues of resort...but its rarely a "omg lets force our way in and change everything" kind of deal.

No, a top five is not enough to give out. Top five in whose book, yours or reality?

Reality. US News and World Report which is the standard bearer for US rankings. And your opinion on how much to give out means exactly jack shit.

And the international community has the ability to enforce most of their decisions. They just do so in indirect ways. Sanctions. Diplomatic punishment. Other avenues of resort...but its rarely a "omg lets force our way in and change everything" kind of deal.

Reality. US News and World Report which is the standard bearer for US rankings. And your opinion on how much to give out means exactly jack shit.

So how many times has China, the US et al been sanctioned or had diplomatic punishment..

My opinion may be "jack shit", but your unwillingness to do so speaks volumes......

Hhmmmm, I actually liked Carter as a president..go figure...

Ah, the old "I have nothing left, so I'll belittle the country"..Here's somethign for you Shoggie, I LOVE the fact NZ is insignificant. LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! LOVE IT!! We live in a reasonably peaceful place where none of the "Machevalllian" shit that goes with the rest of the world goes on.....poor us...bawah!!

As for your solutions, pray tell what they are (other than the moving Israel to Texas shit - that jsut ain't realistic)...

It kinda figures that you would be more versed in the rhetorical standard operating procedure than capable of digesting viable solutions. I made the Texas referance to convey how we'd feel if we were to walk a mile in pal shoes.

I know.. how antisemitic of me.

:rolleyes:

as far as NZ is concerned, hey I guess i'm giving you a taste of your own generalized medicine. After all, if you can insist that every pal is a terrorist in training then you probably shouldn't get all blustery eyed when someone from an actual world power points out the worthlessness of New Zealand.

So how many times has China, the US et al been sanctioned or had diplomatic punishment..

Quite a few times, actually. The US has lost a number of WTO cases. However, of course, that punishment is meted out more often among less powerful states. The int'l community is binding, but just as in domestic law, the more power you have the easier it is to squirm out of it.

My opinion may be "jack shit", but your unwillingness to do so speaks volumes......

LMAO...there are 200 law schools in the US. I've narrowed it down to the top 5. Me not wanting to narrow it down further says nothing except that I'm uninterested in having my internet persona effect my actual life.

It kinda figures that you would be more versed in the rhetorical standard operating procedure than capable of digesting viable solutions. I made the Texas referance to convey how we'd feel if we were to walk a mile in pal shoes.

I know.. how antisemitic of me.

:rolleyes:

as far as NZ is concerned, hey I guess i'm giving you a taste of your own generalized medicine. After all, if you can insist that every pal is a terrorist in training then you probably shouldn't get all blustery eyed when someone from an actual world power points out the worthlessness of New Zealand.

I don't mind you walking a mile in the Pal's shoes. In fact, that is a very noble endeavour. I just wish you'd take the time to walk that mile in the Jew's shoes too.

I do not think every Pal is a terrorist in training...

As for the US being a world power, that is true. Just remember this - you had nothing to do with it...:cool:

I don't mind you walking a mile in the Pal's shoes. In fact, that is a very noble endeavour. I just wish you'd take the time to walk that mile in the Jew's shoes too.

As for the US being a world power, that is true. Just remember this - you had nothing to do with it...:cool:

Yea... september 11 never happened, dude! We have NO IDEA what its like to be attacked by terrorist! nope. CLEARLY, israel is the only nation to ever experience terrorism. NOT ONLY THAT, but WE, an actual western nation, really do use 9/11 as an excuse to wantonly kill "refugee iraqi or afghans" because they are not CHOSEN enough.

Maybe instead of trying to figure out who is responsible for the status of an actual world power you'd be better served trying to figure out why NZ is so insignificant.

Yea... september 11 never happened, dude! We have NO IDEA what its like to be attacked by terrorist! nope. CLEARLY, israel is the only nation to ever experience terrorism. NOT ONLY THAT, but WE, an actual western nation, really do use 9/11 as an excuse to wantonly kill "refugee iraqi or afghans" because they are not CHOSEN enough.

Maybe instead of trying to figure out who is responsible for the status of an actual world power you'd be better served trying to figure out why NZ is so insignificant.

Huh, you do have a comprehension problem.

Huh, you do have a comprehension problem.

So I?

is the terrorism from israels kassams different than the terrorism from 9/11?

I guess Im limited in my scope in carving out nations for a racist zionist state. Apartheid walls and ethnic based state consideration. Im not really interested in walking in those shoes. empathy with nazis just isn't my cop o tea.

Yes, you do have a comprehension problem. He said you personally had nothing to do with the USA's position as a global leader and you went off on a rant about 9/11.

:cuckoo:

Read. Think. Write with clarity.

Notice that Shogie offered no response to your derision of his stupid suggestion that Israel should be moved to Texas. I told you that the anti Israel types have no desire for a resolution. The only result they want to achieve is Israel being yet another Arab country in the middle east.

For Shogie baby and my buddy Larkinn-- a) if you talk to Grump, he has as much sympathy for the Palestinians as anyone. And he and I have been arguing these issues for five years, to the point where I've come near making his head explode.

But why would you come near getting to the subtleties of discussion when it's so easy to dismiss someone for thinking Israel should survive, too? And if you actually READ what he's written, you'd see that he only asked what the responsibility of the pals is?

But instead of answering that, y'all do your little anti-Israel dance.

By the by, not even I have ever said Israel is perfect, but when all the criticism is reserved for one side and not the other and only the one side is sought to be controlled, then perhaps you might understand why you look biased and stupid on the issue.... and why Israel couldn't give a flying about the opinion of people who don't look at both sides.

Yes, you do have a comprehension problem. He said you personally had nothing to do with the USA's position as a global leader and you went off on a rant about 9/11.

:cuckoo:

Read. Think. Write with clarity.

Doctor, heal thyself.
Say, is the loony emoticon your personal symbol?

For Shogie baby and my buddy Larkinn-- a) if you talk to Grump, he has as much sympathy for the Palestinians as anyone. And he and I have been arguing these issues for five years, to the point where I've come near making his head explode.

He has expressed none in this thread.

But why would you come near getting to the subtleties of discussion when it's so easy to dismiss someone for thinking Israel should survive, too?

Again with this tired old bullshit? Hey, guess what, I also think Israel should survive. What a fucking surprise!

And if you actually READ what he's written, you'd see that he only asked what the responsibility of the pals is?

But instead of answering that, y'all do your little anti-Israel dance.

Actually I did answer that. Then he went into this retarded speil about idealism.

By the by, not even I have ever said Israel is perfect, but when all the criticism is reserved for one side and not the other and only the one side is sought to be controlled, then perhaps you might understand why you look biased and stupid on the issue.... and why Israel couldn't give a flying about the opinion of people who don't look at both sides.

Sorry, I'm not allowed to criticise, apparently thats being an "armchair critic". :rolleyes:

As I said, I criticise all groups involved. However generally nobody defends the Palestinians and hence those criticisms don't generate much discussion.

No need with two people addressing only one side of the issue. You claim to feel sympathy for Israel and a concern that it continue to exist. You didn't express that either.

Again with this tired old bullshit? Hey, guess what, I also think Israel should survive. What a fucking surprise!

You can say that til the end of time, but if every critique is of Israel and if every decision prejudices Israel and not the pals, then you've made a choice.

Actually I did answer that. Then he went into this retarded speil about idealism.

Nothing retarded about it. His point was that it's easy to judge when you're not the one making life and death decisions.

Sorry, I'm not allowed to criticise, apparently thats being an "armchair critic". :rolleyes:

As I said, I criticise all groups involved. However generally nobody defends the Palestinians and hence those criticisms don't generate much discussion.

You claim to criticize all groups involved. I haven't once seen any criticism of the pals by you or Shogie which would result in any meaningful policy or would require them to be prejudiced in any way.

Oh, and a reminder. YOUR the one who blasted me for not criticizing non-Israeli states first off. Should I critize them or not, make up your bloody mind.

I never said you should criticise non-Israelis' FIRST off, just a little balance in your responses. I have yet to see you post anything substansive with regard to Pal responsibility or any other arab nation for that matter..

Huh?? What the hell does the first paragragh have to do with the post I was responding too..

NZ is insignicant on a WORLD scale because it is in the middle of nowhere, has a small population and, compared to other massive countries, not as many natural resources (although more than enough for us). And remember, we are GLAD of our situation..it makes us VERY happy.

As I stated, the US may be a world power, just remember it's no thanks to the likes of you...:cool:

Quite a few times, actually. The US has lost a number of WTO cases. However, of course, that punishment is meted out more often among less powerful states. The int'l community is binding, but just as in domestic law, the more power you have the easier it is to squirm out of it.

LMAO...there are 200 law schools in the US. I've narrowed it down to the top 5. Me not wanting to narrow it down further says nothing except that I'm uninterested in having my internet persona effect my actual life.

Exactly re international law. The more power you have, the easier you can squirm out of it?? LOL...Yeah, Zimbabwe is a real powerhouse in the world..

LOL, LOL you think people can figure you out if you tell us what college you're at? Paranoia strikes deep! No wonder you are like you are..

I have to a degree, but that is not the point of our argument.

Yippee. Lucky Israel...:rolleyes:

Where did you answer it? You are the one spoutism idealism. An idealism that has never worked under any circumstances in any way, shape or form.

Sorry, I'm not allowed to criticise, apparently thats being an "armchair critic". :rolleyes:.

You can criticise, but expect criticism of your critiques. After all, this is a messageboard..

Actually, the pals get defended plenty. Last time I looked the best part of 30+ arab and non-arab countries in the region are defending them (via the UN) all the time. Who defends Israel?

No need with two people addressing only one side of the issue. You claim to feel sympathy for Israel and a concern that it continue to exist. You didn't express that either.

No, I said I support it existing, I'm not concerned about it. It will continue to exist.

And I was talking about HR violations that Israel has committed. Why must I couch that in terms of sympathy for them?

You can say that til the end of time, but if every critique is of Israel

And what example was given in this thread of something that Palestinians have done that I should criticise them for? I should just bring it up just to make you happy?

and if every decision prejudices Israel and not the pals, then you've made a choice.

What decision?

Nothing retarded about it. His point was that it's easy to judge when you're not the one making life and death decisions.

Thats not what idealism means. And, by the way, thats a point that applies to everyone on this board. Few here are actually involved in the issues they discuss.

You claim to criticize all groups involved. I haven't once seen any criticism of the pals by you or Shogie which would result in any meaningful policy or would require them to be prejudiced in any way.

They don't have meaningful policy because they have no real leaders and are fractured and disjointed. I've said what they do is fucked up. If thats not a critism, I'm not quite sure what is.

No, I don't have answers to the Israel/Palestine crisis. I don't know enough about the history to propose a solution. I do, however, know that what Israel did to Lebanon was brutal and unwarranted.

I never said you should criticise non-Israelis' FIRST off, just a little balance in your responses.

Sorry, next time I'll attack everyone who was defending Palestinians committing HR violations. Oh, wait, nobody does. As I've already pointed out discussions concerning their responsibility tend to be short because nobody gives them a pass. Israel on the other hand has tons of defenders who want to justify invading other countries and such.

I have yet to see you post anything substansive with regard to Pal responsibility or any other arab nation for that matter..

Well first off its harder to criticize them since they have no government. When you do criticize them, who exactly are you criticizing? Its unclear, and quite complicated. Hamas does terrible things. Fatah does terrible things. The Palestinians have a failure of a state.

Besides that I've said various negative things about the Palestinians in this thread. You asked me what I thought about Palestinian responsibility, and I responded. What, did you miss that as well?

Exactly re international law. The more power you have, the easier you can squirm out of it?? LOL...Yeah, Zimbabwe is a real powerhouse in the world..

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/library/news/2007/04/mil-070427-voa03.htm

Again, just because Mugabe is still the leader there doesn't mean its law breaking is going unpunished and unenforced. Unlike when the US/EU breaks laws, its much easier for them to get away with NO punishment.

LOL, LOL you think people can figure you out if you tell us what college you're at? Paranoia strikes deep! No wonder you are like you are..

Considering I am the only one in my school with my first name, which I've posted here before, yes they can find me.

Forum List

Back