No one's talking about that Josh Hamilton disaster?

Paulie

Diamond Member
May 19, 2007
I'm pressed for time so no link.

Rangers OF Josh Hamilton tosses up a ball to a fan, who reaches out to catch it and falls like 30 feet to his death. It was a dad at the game with his little boy.

Pretty sad.

Yeah, it was very sad. Dude died of a heart attack on the way to the hospital. I feel terrible for all involved. It just sucks.

And when you read about the sequence of events leading up to the father and son attending that game.....yikes.

Yeah, it was very sad. Dude died of a heart attack on the way to the hospital. I feel terrible for all involved. It just sucks.

And when you read about the sequence of events leading up to the father and son attending that game.....yikes.

Dude I honestly never even saw the video of it until just now, my business partner had just told me about this yesterday and I've been so damn busy with work I hadn't even heard about it.

It kills me to think of what must have been going through his little boy's head as he watched his dad fall that far.

What are the sequence of events leading up to it? I just tried googling and couldn't find anything.

Here is some info Paulie. Very tragic indeed. :(

A souvenir moment becomes tragedy at ballgame - CNN.com

Yeah I'm pretty caught up on what actually happened during the incident but A15 is talking about the sequence of events leading up to the dad and kid attending the game, which is what I'm curious about.

This part just kills me right here from that link:

"It was just hard for me, hearing the little boy screaming for his daddy after he had fallen, and then being home with my kids, (it) really hit home last night," the outfielder said.

Here is some info Paulie. Very tragic indeed. :(

A souvenir moment becomes tragedy at ballgame - CNN.com

Yeah I'm pretty caught up on what actually happened during the incident but A15 is talking about the sequence of events leading up to the dad and kid attending the game, which is what I'm curious about.

This part just kills me right here from that link:

"It was just hard for me, hearing the little boy screaming for his daddy after he had fallen, and then being home with my kids, (it) really hit home last night," the outfielder said.

This made me cry:

Last Thursday, Stone took Cooper to Rangers Ballpark for a game against the Oakland A's. They even stopped to buy the boy a new glove, and sat in left field, where Hamilton plays.

In the second inning, Hamilton threw them a foul ball. Stone reached for the ball but fell headfirst through a gap about 20 feet onto concrete, with Cooper watching. Witnesses said Stone was conscious after landing and sounded worried about Cooper being left alone. Stone was pronounced dead within an hour; an autopsy ruled the cause as blunt force trauma from the fall.

Hundreds attend funeral for Texas Rangers fan | wfaa.com Dallas - Fort Worth

It's crazy how you can be alive and coherent after that and appear ok, but then all the sudden die.

I lost a buddy last year in a similar way, only the delay between head trauma and death was way longer. He got stapled and stitched and seemed to be doing fine and then all the sudden one day he died.

Anyway though, losing a loved one is one thing. Losing them while witnessing it is completely different.

Forum List

Back