No Harry Potter Satan threads?!?

Discussion in 'Reviews' started by CrazyLiberal, Mar 14, 2004.

1. CrazyLiberal

CrazyLiberal Guest

Ratings:
    +0
  2. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    Harry Potter rocks!

3. Palestinian Jew

Palestinian Jew Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +18
    The Harry Potter books are fun easy reads. Lets just hope Rowling doesn't go the way of Robert Jordan.

4. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Anyone ever read the story written by the woman suing her?? VERY similar!!

5. Johnney

Johnney Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +141
    didnt know she was getting sued. guess i should get out a little more...lol

6. Jackass

Jackass Active Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +14
    Yeah..the lady is suing her saying she ripped off the whole series from her. I did read a story about it and some of the similarities and they are very close.

7. winston churchi

winston churchi Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +9
    The way of the world these days...someone makes good money and someone finds reason to sue for a piece of the pie.

Remember Stephen King was sued? I don't know if ever even went before a judge but a woman accused him of stealing her thoughts as well. She said , and this is what she really said, that he used a chopper to fly to her house, come down the chimney at night and break into her office ... he copied her stories and snuck out again, the chimney, helecopter and so on and went home and made millions off them...she was very serious about this!

I just remembered when Michael Bolton was sued by an R&B band that he had used their music but never paid them for it....they had proof but Bolton had no proof so he lost and he said afterwards....and this is what he said .....not quoted but from memory...
    I dont know why they sued me...I give to the African American charities!...

He actually said that he thought they should have left him be because he donates money to blacks!!!

8. Hobbit

Hobbit Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +421
    My mom's with those fundie nuts that think Harry Potter is evil. Fortunately, she's not so fanatic about it that she didn't read a couple. She's also ok with my sister reading them and I've seen both movies.

9. 5stringJeff

5stringJeff Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +540
    Well, I have never read any Harry Potter books. I think what has turned so many people off is that Harry Potter practices magic/witchcraft in his books (again, this is based on hearsay - I haven't read the books), and the Bible is very clear that practicing witchcraft is not tolerated by God. So having one's kids read a book where the hero practices witchcraft/magic is, more or less, condoning the practice of witchcraft/magic. Not really the kind of stuff you want your kid to learn, especially if you are trying to raise him/her with a strong Christian faith.

10. NewGuy

NewGuy Guest

Ratings:
    +0
    I will add to this that a child's mind is of such a fragile and unknowledgable state, that a saved parent saves and sanctifies the child. As such, ANY author producing works illustrating witchcraft in a positive light, and marketing it to kids is in violation of some of the heftiest scriptural "don'ts" there are.