No Good Deed

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by William Joyce, Apr 7, 2006.

1. William Joyce

William Joyce Chemotherapy for PC

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,349
    Goes unpunished, as they say.

http://www.amren.com/mtnews/archives/2006/04/hate_killed_nyu.php

Somehow, I doubt if this kid's death will be the cause of outrage for Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton and the rest. But if it is, I hereby promise to pay 50 bucks to every member of USMB who doubts me. In order to qualify for the payment, you must get on this thread and say that I'm a bigoted jerk, and of course Al Sharpton will publicly denounce this.

2. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Yeah. I said it once and I'll say it again, we have an over-corrected problem. If I'm white, I go to jail for not hiring a black man. If I'm black, I walk free for killing a white man. And this is called "equality"...

3. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    thats why i dont hand out change to bums. ;)

Seriously though, its pretty fucked up but im sure it happens more than we realize. Not resulting in death of course but with the number of college campuses located in urban ghettos of major cities in this country, you have to be a moron not to realize the potential for violence.

Take Temple University. They are located in one of the worst neighborhoods in Philly. In order to keep the peace over the years, Temple has hired its own police force to watch just the campus within the city. The Temple police force is the 4th largest in the entire state of PA. Yet rapes, muggings, murders, etc still occur on or around campus. Imagine if there wasnt a large police presence.

4. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    Yeah, not pleasant to imagine. What's the best deterrant for this, though? Harsher criminal punishments? That's what I've said for years.

5. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    How does that solve anything? The people doing what they are doing are still going to do it. It might deter a few borderline people that actually think before they act but most of these people don't know how to control their emotions. They simply react and do what they want, when they want, how they want.

All you could do is keep beefing up security or remove the campuses from the cities.

6. Semper Fi

Semper Fi VIP Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +130
    So how do you fight that?

7. insein

insein Senior Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +356
    I don't know. You can't punish someone worse when they dont care about their actions regardless. All you can do is try to prevent it from happening period.