No charges filed in Palin brawl

Wait--did I miss something here??

This thread started by talking about drunken Palin's foaming at the mouth.

Add in a couple of Republicans and it is now about crazy Liberals foaming at the mouth!!

How in the hell do Republicans lose elections when their propaganda/debate skills are just awe inspiring??

By the way--the liberals are not foaming at the mouth.

What they are doing is wiping the sweat from their brow while laughing!! Think about it. Mrs Sarah Palin came awfully close to being a heartbeat away from the presidency.

And some of you still think she was the best thing since Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches. Really??

[
Funny thing then, Joe...if Palin really WAS corrupt then why did all those ethics violation lawsuits get thrown out of court?

The answer to that is obvious...the lawsuits were always total bullshit...they were always about making Palin spend money to defend against them...not to actually stand up in court. Those lawsuits were so obviously frivolous that Alaskans had to change the law regarding ethics suits to protect public servants from stalkers like Palin's.

By the same logic, since Ken Starr's 70 million dollar panty sniffing investigation only proved Clinton lied about a blow job, Clinton wasn't corrupt, either. And they got rid of the Independent council Law after Clinton, that how innocent Clinton was.

And the changes to Alaska's rules did not excuse what Palin did. According to Wiki-

"These include allowing for the state to pay legal costs for officials cleared of ethics violations; allowing for a family member of the governor or lieutenant governor to travel at state cost in certain circumstances and allowing an immediate family member to use an official's state-issued cell phone or BlackBerry if the usage is limited or under monthly or unlimited plans."[

Apparantly, though, it was still illegal to use your office to try to fire your wife-slapping brother in law.

In fact, at the time she Cashed out, Palin only had three ethics charges that were still pending.

Only Three Palin Ethics Complaints Were Still Pending

Let's be honest. Palin quit because she saw a bag full of money being offered by people who wanted to exploit her.

I'm still waiting to hear one of you liberal Palin haters tell me what YOU would have done if it was you who was facing dozens of frivolous ethics lawsuits with dozens more promised. I keep asking and you all keep dodging the question.

I would have completed the job. If I needed a lawyer, I'd have called one of the right wing think tanks who had plenty of time to file frivilous complaints against the Clintons. Those guys were pretty idle at that point.

[

I thought you'd turned the thread into Palin being a "quitter", Vandal? I simply asked what any of you liberals would do if YOU found yourselves in Palin's shoes and none of you want to answer the question!

So is this thread REALLY about Palin...or is it about liberals like yourself who even after six YEARS are so obsessed with "getting" Palin that you practically cream yourselves over anything that remotely makes Palin look bad?

The reason why we like stories that make Palin look bad is that it reminds us all how shallow and without ideas the GOP has become.

I remember when the GOP used to stand for something. Now you get a airheaded GILF up there and you think she's a "leader". and when she shows herself to be low-class trailer trash, you get all upset because we are "picking on her."

What they are doing is wiping the sweat from their brow while laughing!! Think about it. Mrs Sarah Palin came awfully close to being a heartbeat away from the presidency.

And some of you still think she was the best thing since Peanut butter and Jelly sandwiches. Really??

I'm not laughing that this woman got within a heartbeat of the Presidency. It's actually kind of terrifying.

If you dumb-ass liberals had simply let her go back to Alaska and do her job she wouldn't be running around the country ON all those podiums! But oh no...you couldn't DO that...could you! You had to be poor winners and bring all those frivolous lawsuits against her to force her into quitting. Then you turn around and whine about her getting national attention? Anyone who does THAT is "kind of an idiot", Joe!

I didn't bring any lawsuits against her. Most of those lawsuits were brought by people in her state who didn't like her doing shit like leaking personnel records or abusing travel privilages or trying to get relatives fired from their jobs.

And seriously, all the lawyers you have on the right, and none of them would have taken her cases pro bono?

What ever happened to the "Party of Personal Responsibility"?

Most of the lawsuits were brought by people in her State...in fact most were brought by one woman who was upset because Palin hadn't rewarded her with a position in the government she thought she had coming to her. What's interesting about that however is how THAT vindictive loser was financially supported by liberal groups from outside of Alaska.

If a governor bailed on that, then how would we expect her to react if our country was under attack?

That's not a shot specifically at Palin per se, but I want someone who isn't going to buckle under pressure when we need the President the most. I'd say that about anyone, Republican or Democrat. Quitting as governor because of harassing lawsuits doesn't give confidence that they have the fortitude to deal with al-Qaeda.

What exactly would you have had Palin DO, Toro? She was being subjected to a barrage of frivolous lawsuits...dozens of lawsuits whose only purpose were to bankrupt her and her family. She had been sued so that she couldn't accept donations to pay for a defense of those lawsuits. That was going to continue until the Palin's were bankrupt. So would you have had Palin simply let herself be "bled out" by this tactic? Would you have allowed that if it were YOU that was under this kind of sleazy attack?

But she did create a legal defense fund. It raised $390,000. It was found to be in violation of ethics laws in 2011 only because the website implied that it was an official website of the governor of Alaska, and the money had to be returned. Had they not made that mistake, the legal defense fund would have been fine.

But by this time, she had become rich. She resigned after she had been a VP candidate, and after she had become a rock-star within her base who made her rich.

I don't know why she resigned. What I do know is that I want a Presidential candidate with a backbone and who will fight when needed. And if she can be driven from office over this, she isn't strong enough to be President of the United States.

If you dumb-ass liberals had simply let her go back to Alaska and do her job she wouldn't be running around the country ON all those podiums! But oh no...you couldn't DO that...could you! You had to be poor winners and bring all those frivolous lawsuits against her to force her into quitting. Then you turn around and whine about her getting national attention? Anyone who does THAT is "kind of an idiot", Joe!

I didn't bring any lawsuits against her. Most of those lawsuits were brought by people in her state who didn't like her doing shit like leaking personnel records or abusing travel privilages or trying to get relatives fired from their jobs.

And seriously, all the lawyers you have on the right, and none of them would have taken her cases pro bono?

Most of the lawsuits were brought by people in her State...in fact most were brought by one woman who was upset because Palin hadn't rewarded her with a position in the government she thought she had coming to her. What's interesting about that however is how THAT vindictive loser was financially supported by liberal groups from outside of Alaska.

If a governor bailed on that, then how would we expect her to react if our country was under attack?

That's not a shot specifically at Palin per se, but I want someone who isn't going to buckle under pressure when we need the President the most. I'd say that about anyone, Republican or Democrat. Quitting as governor because of harassing lawsuits doesn't give confidence that they have the fortitude to deal with al-Qaeda.

What exactly would you have had Palin DO, Toro? She was being subjected to a barrage of frivolous lawsuits...dozens of lawsuits whose only purpose were to bankrupt her and her family. She had been sued so that she couldn't accept donations to pay for a defense of those lawsuits. That was going to continue until the Palin's were bankrupt. So would you have had Palin simply let herself be "bled out" by this tactic? Would you have allowed that if it were YOU that was under this kind of sleazy attack?

But she did create a legal defense fund. It raised $390,000. It was found to be in violation of ethics laws in 2011 only because the website implied that it was an official website of the governor of Alaska, and the money had to be returned. Had they not made that mistake, the legal defense fund would have been fine.

But by this time, she had become rich. She resigned after she had been a VP candidate, and after she had become a rock-star within her base who made her rich.

I don't know why she resigned. What I do know is that I want a Presidential candidate with a backbone and who will fight when needed. And if she can be driven from office over this, she isn't strong enough to be President of the United States.
You are very stupid.

You are very stupid.
ironic post is ironic.

As to the OP- yeah, Caribou Barbie could have lawyered-up easily w/ a rw lawyer from one of the Right's *cough* "think" tanks just like JoeB131 mentioned. They would've prolly offered their services pro bono. Know what that means Steve_McGarrett you P.O.S. ?

Last edited:

Your point might have some validity, Amrchaos if it weren't for the man who actually IS a heartbeat away from the Presidency! Joe Biden is having a good day if he doesn't drool on himself.

I'm still waiting to hear one of you liberal Palin haters tell me what YOU would have done if it was you who was facing dozens of frivolous ethics lawsuits with dozens more promised. I keep asking and you all keep dodging the question.

I would have completed the job. If I needed a lawyer, I'd have called one of the right wing think tanks who had plenty of time to file frivilous complaints against the Clintons. Those guys were pretty idle at that point.

You wouldn't have had the time to complete the job, Joe because you would have been tied up answering the 150 requests for information that Palin's stalkers demanded...you would have been busy doing depositions on the dozens of ethics law suits that you were facing. This was never about finding something out...this was ALWAYS an exercise with one objective in mind...to harass Sarah Palin to the point where she couldn't do her job! There were websites dedicated to just that. Now I suppose you could make that plea for lawyers to help you free of cost but let's be honest here...you're asking someone to travel to Alaska and work nonstop against a group who's only mission would have been to pile MORE work up for you to slog your way through. Who's going to take on that mission for free?

Here's a bit of advice for you, Toro! If you want good candidates who run for office for the right reasons then you should be appalled at what was done to Sarah Palin after she accepted the nomination to run for Vice President. You pretend not to know why she resigned and then accuse her of not having a back bone? That's akin to criticizing a mugging victim for not having the courage to walk the streets! Where is the criticism for the muggers?

Listening to Palin defenders reminds me of the 1970's, when Nixon defenders continued to insist after his resignation that he was a great president who was hounded out of office by embittered and spiteful America haters.

But, back to Palin. I noticed that her halo is getting a little shabby, in that even Tea Party candidates are not clamoring for her endorsement any more. Her base gets more and more narrow, until only the hardest core TP's continue to worship her. I think that she has got maybe two years of speeches left, and then she will join Ross Perot in political purgatory...that is, if her husband doesn't join another secessionist party, or her kids keep getting knocked up, beat up, or otherwise embarrass themselves and her supporters before then.

Last edited:
Listening to Palin defenders reminds me of the 1970's, when Nixon defenders continued to insist after his resignation that he was a great president who was hounded out of office by embittered and spiteful America haters.

But, back to Palin. I noticed that her halo is getting a little shabby, in that even Tea Party candidates are not clamoring for her endorsement any more. Her base gets more and more narrow, until only the hardest core TP's continue to worship her. I think that she has got maybe two years of speeches left, and then she will join Ross Perot in political purgatory...that is, if her husband doesn't join another secessionist party, or her kids keep getting knocked up, beat up, or otherwise embarrass themselves and her supporters before then.

Who's more like Richard Nixon than Barack Obama? Same abuse of power...same level of cover-ups and deceptions. Palin on the other hand is the person who put many of those ethics laws in place in Alaska...not to go after the political opposition but to go after the Good Ole Boy network in the Alaskan GOP. Don't even TRY comparing Palin to Nixon...she's not even in the ball park when it comes to political corruption and stone walling of investigations. Barack Obama on the other hand is giving Tricky Dick a run for his money as the most scandal ridden, corrupt. White House in history.

"But back to Palin..." Yeah, like you ever left!:tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil::tinfoil:

The primary difference between Nixon and Our Kenyan President is that Nixon had the sense to resign before being removed. 2016 is coming so all bets on stuff like:

Impeachment
Treason trial
Deportation
Exile

are OFF.

Wait--did I miss something here??

This thread started by talking about drunken Palin's foaming at the mouth.

Add in a couple of Republicans and it is now about crazy Liberals foaming at the mouth!!

How in the hell do Republicans lose elections when their propaganda/debate skills are just awe inspiring??

Well, the facts came out.

Turns out Sarah wasn't present, she had gone to her limo. Some leftist thugs jumped Todd from behind and started beating him because leftists are like that. As usual, the leftist hate sites lied about the whole affair and engaged in slander and libel - hey, leftists have one, and only one thing to offer the nation - demagoguery.

Listening to Palin attackers reminds me of listening to Pol Pot as he explained why enemies of the party were sub-human and should die.

You demagogues put Goebbels to shame years ago, you are the reborn Khmer Rouge - any lie to smear an enemy is what you do.

Because you haven't provided any proof of any such dozens of frivolous ethics lawsuits with dozens more promised. Sounds to me your just blowing smoke in her defense. Why should we answer an imaginary supposition?
Gov. Sarah Palin Quietly Cleared of All Ethics Charges

Funny, she never made mentioned of quitting due to frivolous lawsuits.....seems to me that she might have come up with that excuse only after she found herself being criticized even by Republicans for quitting like she did.

Why Sarah Palin Quit - TIME

Forum List

Back