No boxing fans...???

Jackass

Aug 29, 2003
Va
Roy Jones Jr gets knocked out...and I just found out about it 2 days ago. Guess no one else is a boxing fan??

There's no glamor or substance to Boxing anymore. Its all hype and money. Titles mean shit when theres 3 different major Organizations. Its more WWE now than it is Boxing. They yap at each other and then they have a weak ass excuse for a fight.

No more do we see Ali, Frazier, Foreman or to a lesser extent Tyson in his prime.

I used to be a huge fan. When Tyson was coming up, boxing was great. Sugar Ray, to some extent Duran, Hagler, Spinks and the other big card names of that era knew what boxing was about and made it about as respectable as that sport can be.

Somewhere after Tysons gaff and the aforementioned retiring, the sport went down hill. Now it seems as though anyone with a head and chin hard enought to withstand a beating can get in there, make a quick buck and they're out.

Remember Butter Bean? LOL - I mean WTF?:wtf:

The sport definatley has gone down hill. I was a big Lennox Lewis fan though. I had high hopes for the Klitchsko's (sp?) There are a few good fighters out there still, just not in the super heavyweight division.

Originally posted by Jackass
Roy Jones Jr gets knocked out...and I just found out about it 2 days ago. Guess no one else is a boxing fan??

still the best tho.

When Don King took over the boxing world that was it....Myself I loved the days of Ali, Frazier and Holmes....But alas as sports go money ruins everything....

Forum List

Back