Stewart to possibly sign with Ravens

lilcountriegal

Oct 24, 2003
Pennsylvania
BUWAHHHAAAAAA HAAAA!

This article is from the Ravens official site.. it plays down talks with Kordell, but from what I understand its almost a given. If you listen closely, I'm sure you can hear the final nail in that coffin.

==============================

May 25, 2004
BOLLER HOPES FOR SUPPORTIVE BACKUP

By Adam H. Beasley

With the news that Anthony Wright’s shoulder injury will keep him out at least the next four months, quarterback Kyle Boller learned that he will have a new backup for the start of the 2004 season.

Baltimore will sign a veteran to back up Boller in the next couple of weeks, likely after the June 1 cuts.

The second-year veteran, who was named the opening day starter back in February, said Tuesday that he has no preference who the Ravens bring in, as long as one thing is clear.

“I want somebody that’s going to understand their role on the team,” Boller said. “I am the starter. I’m not going to say that there’s no competition, but it’s my job. I don’t want a vet coming in and thinking, ‘Hey, this is going to be my team,’ because it’s not. It’s my team. He’s going to be there to back me up, in case something were to happen.”

Boller’s comments merely restate the message that he has gotten from Ravens coaches for the last three months. Since the team decided to return Boller to the starting lineup, he has prepared like it’s his job.

Boller started the first nine games of the season last year before a torn quadriceps muscle shelved him for six weeks. In the meantime, Wright took control of the team, leading it to first place in the AFC North. And so, when Boller was healthy enough to return to action, the Ravens decided not to switch quarterbacks in the middle of the playoff run.

Still, Boller knew he was the long-term answer, and even declared himself the opening day starter for 2004 the day after the 2003 season ended. A month later, the Ravens made the official announcement.

“I think it’s been made clear to him that he’s the starter, so I’d assume that his reaction to anyone new coming in would be to back him up, whether it be a guy in the past who’s been an established veteran starter or some rookie that we drafted or some free agent,” said offensive coordinator Matt Cavanaugh. “He knows that he’s the starter on this team and whoever comes in will be in a backup role.”

Boller’s underlying desire is for the team to win, and said that the returning tandem of him and Wright would have set the Ravens up to do just that.

Instead, the Ravens will bring in a veteran, possibly former rival Kordell Stewart, to provide security at that position. There’s an overwhelming likelihood the Ravens will need it.

Last year, there was only one quarterback – Cincinnati’s Jon Kitna – in the NFL that took every offensive snap for his team.

“I’m sure they’re going to bring in a solid backup, like Anthony,” Boller said. “He did a great job last year. You never know what’s going to happen, so you want a guy that’s going to be able to come in.

“As far as me, I’ve got to continue to work hard and get ready, just as if he was there,” Boller added. “I’m the starter. It’s going to be my responsibility to take charge of the team.”

Link

First off KYLE BOLLER, say it again if there are any Ratbird fans on board, KYLE BOLLER is your starter. He's talking like he has proven himself in the NFL already, what???? Did I miss something last year??????? HE SUCKED! Now they are thinking of bringing Kordell on board? LMAO!

The Ravens have no recievers save Todd Heap and Mr. no practice no hustle Johnson they just acquired from Cleveland, Heap is looking at triple teams all year long and Johnson will be loafing it at about the point the Ravens are 2-7. This is not too mebtion the fact that Corey Fuller will probably be in jail so looks like 40 carries a game from Jamaal Lewis provided he's not brought up on cocaine trafficking charges lol!

Hey Jimmy and riegal looks like the Steelers got a legit chance at this division this year, i'm predicting 4-12 for the Ravens.

Forum List

Back