No book forum??

Gracie

Diamond Member
Feb 13, 2013
Lost
So I just looked. Twice. No book forum. Like, for reviews, which ones are REALLY good or REALLY bad, etc. We have everything else, why not a book forum?

Anyway...I have a gripe about Clan Of The Cave Bear series. 6 books. Or 7. I dunno. The first two were pretty good. After that, I got burned out. Same o same o.....the author repeats herself too many times throughout each book and not just once so the reader knows what they missed if they didn't start from the beginning. Nope, She does it NUMEROUS times.

Plus, she spends way too much time describing the general areas Ayla is in. Yes, most is fascinating reading, but then there is the repeating crap all over again. I am struggling finishing Shelters Of Stone because frankly..I am BORED to tears now. And there is one more book after this one. I don't know if I will be able to finish off the whole series.

Anyone else read this set of books and had a problem finishing them all?

AND...any recommendations?

My personal preferences are books of period pieces. Anything BEFORE 1925 or so. Any country, as long as it is printed in english. Any history that is not non fictional. Love the Victoria Holt books. Have every one of them. I also like Anne Rice' books about the vampires and Taltos, etc. Not thrilled with THe Mummy or her new werewolf novel.

Sci Fi is good too..to a certain extent. Robert McGammon did some great books, with Swan Song beating the shit out of King's The Stand. Not in to gory horror shit.

What kind of books do you like? And why the fuck don't we have a book forum????

It's stickied under "Reviews"

Don't you read good?

It's stickied under "Reviews"

Don't you read good?

Reviews. Doesn't say much. Name it BOOK REVIEWS and slap it under the TV forum or something.

I have been reading Douglas Preston and Lincoln Child's Pendergast series. All with a supernatural feel and FBI Special Agent Pendergast is a worthy hero.

So I just looked. Twice. No book forum. Like, for reviews, which ones are REALLY good or REALLY bad, etc. We have everything else, why not a book forum?

Anyway...I have a gripe about Clan Of The Cave Bear series. 6 books. Or 7. I dunno. The first two were pretty good. After that, I got burned out. Same o same o.....the author repeats herself too many times throughout each book and not just once so the reader knows what they missed if they didn't start from the beginning. Nope, She does it NUMEROUS times.

Plus, she spends way too much time describing the general areas Ayla is in. Yes, most is fascinating reading, but then there is the repeating crap all over again. I am struggling finishing Shelters Of Stone because frankly..I am BORED to tears now. And there is one more book after this one. I don't know if I will be able to finish off the whole series.

Anyone else read this set of books and had a problem finishing them all?

AND...any recommendations?

My personal preferences are books of period pieces. Anything BEFORE 1925 or so. Any country, as long as it is printed in english. Any history that is not non fictional. Love the Victoria Holt books. Have every one of them. I also like Anne Rice' books about the vampires and Taltos, etc. Not thrilled with THe Mummy or her new werewolf novel.

Sci Fi is good too..to a certain extent. Robert McGammon did some great books, with Swan Song beating the shit out of King's The Stand. Not in to gory horror shit.

What kind of books do you like? And why the fuck don't we have a book forum????
PJ said, (since I never read that series) it, finishes with book #6 Land of the Painted Caves. She liked enough she has the complete set of Hardback 1st editions and I think she has some on audiobooks, also. She used to listen to while working before we retired.

Reviews. Doesn't say much. Name it BOOK REVIEWS and slap it under the TV forum or something.

I dunno, maybe. Not my pay grade.

Anyway, I recently finished up Babylon's Banksters: The Alchemy of Deep Physics, High Finance and Ancient Religion for the second time.

Reason I cracked it open again is because something nobody is talking about is the banker aspect of this whole scamdemic.

I brought it up when the scamdemic first started because I had a hunch what it was all truly about. In fact, I had touched on it before the whole scamdemic when they were popping off about dropping interest rates.

Given recent shenanigans (which nobody is talking about) it seems I was right.

As it is, there sure are an aweful lot of derivatives floating around in the system.

What do you say, Toro? Seems like there's only a couple of ways for our globalist friends to deal with that in broad daylight without anyone noticing. Heh heh.

Last edited:
Well, I guess there can be TWO book forums. I found the other one....but REVIEWS is a dumb name for a forum. Gotta read the fine print under it I guess, which I have never EVER done since being here. Plus, the one thread in there that is stickied is HUGE. I am NOT reading every page of that thread. Too long.

Forum List

Back