“No bank must grow to a size that puts it in a position in which it can blackmail gov

Neubarth

At the Ballpark July 30th
Nov 8, 2008
South Pacific
“No bank must grow to a size that puts it in a position in which it can blackmail governments.”

- German Chancellor Angela Merkel (August 31st, Bloomberg)
Merkel, Sarkozy Urge G-20 to Limit Bank Size, Bonuses (Update1) - Bloomberg.com

We need to take our country back from the Bankers of the Big Banks who effectively control our every policy, either through the Fed or through blackmail.

Goldman Sachs openly brags that they can control stock market swings on light trading days with machine trading. Goldman is largely responsible for the horrific stock bubble that we have today. Average P/E ratio for the S&P500 stocks is at an astronomical high calculated to be 90 to 200 depending upon who does the calculations and what earnings they accept. I will not argue that point as the given is that based upon last quarter earnings, Stocks are highly overvalued. Average Earnings have fallen by 90 percent but stock prices have not come down to that level, but might very soon.

In the aggregate the Bib Banks have received $10 trillion in hand-outs, loans and guarantees in the past year. They are essentially a financial crime syndicate that has squeezed the lifeblood out of the U.S.

I am beginning to think that we should not have banks that are too big to fail. Should we break them up into smaller banks?

When the failure of any corportion would shake the structure of our finacial system to its core then that corporation has us by the short and hairys.

No corporation of ANY kind should be allowed to get that big.

Size matters folks

Should we break them up into smaller banks?

You're kidding, right ?

It is a proposal for discussion. The big banks in the United States are effectively a crime syndicate that should be destroyed. They gain us nothing on the International scene for the American People, but are running our government via graft, blackmail and corruption.

I personally favor the execution of all those who have ripped off the American Taxpayers. Excessive greed and the worship of money should be recompensed with death. That, of course will not come to pass as America is too liberal to punish money criminals with death.

If you think these horrible criminals should be allowed to go Scot Free, please explain why?

When the failure of any corportion would shake the structure of our finacial system to its core then that corporation has us by the short and hairys.

Size matters folks

No one can stop the big banks.

Size matters folks

No one can stop the big banks.

No individual can, but the American People can if we call for a new constitutional convention to reaffirm the old constitution and seriously revise it. It is either that or anarchy will be the end result of all the corruption that we are seeing in Government and in the Financial Industry. Root it out and kill it. Make it impossible to ever happen again.

I agree.

It will never happen though. The financial industry gives more money to Washington than any other so it won't happen.

There has to be a real crisis in this country before things change. This wasn't a real crisis.

Indeed, we need a Constitutional Convention because our Congress is too corrupt to reprove itself and make correction.

Size matters folks
Including -and especially- the corporation known as "District of Columbia".

Yeap they corps are pretty fucking close to owning our gov.

Why the hell so many Americans want to keep giving them MORE control over our gov is beyond me.

Once again, you have the flow chart exactly reversed.

Corporations get their powers -like limited liabilities- from their charters, which are consecrated into law by the Big Daddy Big Gubmint you so worship.

Last edited:
Hahahahahaha.

yeah let the corps do ANYTHING they want and everything will be just peachy.

That is one of the stupidest ideas out there right now.

They people who run them will fuck us every which way but loose if there is a buck in it.

It just amazes me how block headed some can be.

Dude the corps would not allow you to abide if there was a profit to be made.

Take a look at our health system as an example

I will not fight you if that is what you want to do, however I will make a different fight, banks big or small, I could care less. I know what I ultimately want, what do you ultimately want? I like the idea of bankruptcy reorganization, chap 13, Glass-Steagall, Tobin Tax lets do it, and some more stuff.

I will not fight you if that is what you want to do, however I will make a different fight, banks big or small, I could care less. I know what I ultimately want, what do you ultimately want? I like the idea of bankruptcy reorganization, chap 13, Glass-Steagall, Tobin Tax lets do it, and some more stuff.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Jack Handey is now posting at USMB.

Forum List

Back