NJ Mom forced to turn over guns and charged for peaceful protest

It's funny how I can only find this story from conservative blogs and news sources. I have not been able to find even a local news source that covered this story. Secondly, there is no evidence other than her word that she did not make the threat to come back with a gun. I'm not saying the story does not have merit or may not be true, but a news source other than a conservative blog would be helpful. It would be interesting to see how this turns out also. If she did make the threat, there are probably plenty of witnesses and it was probably also recorded. So if she didn't make the threat, she probably has a case for a civil suit against a lot of people and the police department.

Keep us posted on how this turns out.

That is funny, isn't it?

N.J. Mother Arrested, Guns Confiscated- By Attending Property Tax Dispute Forum - Atlanta Conservative | Examiner.com

By the way, she does not have to prove she didn't make the threat, and there is absolutely no evidence that she actually made the threat other than the claim of one person at the hearing.

So a complainant said she threatened to come back with a gun. Thats a verbal "simple assault" in my state. In others it is called "terroristic threat", and has been long before 9-11. Gotta remind right wingers that "terroristic" means simply some sort of verbal threat, nothing to do with Muslims or the Constitution.

So, the complainant says she mad the threat. She says she didnt. So, the police respond to the call, do their job, process the complaint, she is released immediately on a PR, and she will get her due process date in court with a judge who will determine the case. The cops advise here that, as normal, the judge will determine the threat potential during bond considerations- like they do with all cases. And since this involved the complaint of a threat with a gun, that she could help her chances of a light bond or PR bond by allowing her gun to be secured with the PD until her hearing.

Am I missing something? This sounds exactly like how our system of checks and balances, and due process, and the court system and police powers work. They even helped her by suggesting how she could help get a lighter bond. And in fact, she got the lightest possible bond, an immediate PR.

Maybe I missed the part to be outraged about? Unless threatening to come back to a public meeting with a firearm to influence change in decision making is now OK? So you say she didnt do it (according to her)? Well, others say she did. And thats why we have a court system.

It's funny how I can only find this story from conservative blogs and news sources. I have not been able to find even a local news source that covered this story. Secondly, there is no evidence other than her word that she did not make the threat to come back with a gun. I'm not saying the story does not have merit or may not be true, but a news source other than a conservative blog would be helpful. It would be interesting to see how this turns out also. If she did make the threat, there are probably plenty of witnesses and it was probably also recorded. So if she didn't make the threat, she probably has a case for a civil suit against a lot of people and the police department.

That is funny, isn't it?

N.J. Mother Arrested, Guns Confiscated- By Attending Property Tax Dispute Forum - Atlanta Conservative | Examiner.com

By the way, she does not have to prove she didn't make the threat, and there is absolutely no evidence that she actually made the threat other than the claim of one person at the hearing.

You know most rape cases involved nothing more than 1 saying they did it, and another saying they didnt. Thats why we have courts and judges. To "JUDGE" the case and see if it really happened.

All thats needed for a case to go to court is probable cause, not absolute proof. Thats how the FOUNDERS set it up.

If you have a problem with how this case is being played out, then you have a problem with the justice system our Founders put into place, because this one is following that system by the book. A complaint is made, a suspect is named, probable cause exists, she is booked and given a day to be at court.

That is funny, isn't it?

She'll get her day in court and, if she's deemed by a jury of her peers not guilty of the charge as laid, she'll be vindicated. If not, she'll be found guilty as charged.

To claim her rights have been violated before that fundamental, legal step is taken is dishonest and nothing more than emotional hyperbole.

The accused is getting due process, so there is no issue for real Americans here.

That is funny, isn't it?

You know most rape cases involved nothing more than 1 saying they did it, and another saying they didnt. Thats why we have courts and judges. To "JUDGE" the case and see if it really happened.

All thats needed for a case to go to court is probable cause, not absolute proof. Thats how the FOUNDERS set it up.

If you have a problem with how this case is being played out, then you have a problem with the justice system our Founders put into place, because this one is following that system by the book. A complaint is made, a suspect is named, probable cause exists, she is booked and given a day to be at court.

I just find it amazing that some people assume guilt when it involves someone who is politically on the right, yet assume innocence when it involves someone on the left. Me pointing out that she does not have to prove she did not make the threat should have anyone that actually believes that people should get their day in court to agree with me, and back me up 100%.

Can you explain why you didn't? Is it because this involves someone reading the Bill if Rights?

Last edited:
The gun crowd is cowardly. Heavens knows the KKK were in their day.

KKK was the KING OF GUN CONTROL TO MASSACRE UNARMED BLACKS. Keep making shit up boy:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4mJW-kjSc]NO GUNS FOR NEGROES 1of2 THE RACIST ROOTS OF GUN CONTROL - YouTube[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CwueChZUgf8]NO GUNS FOR NEGROES 2of2 THE RACIST ROOTS OF GUN CONTROL - YouTube[/ame]

The Secret History of Guns - Adam Winkler - The Atlantic

In fact, I think you earned yourself a thread in the Flame Zone.

EDIT:
Here's your thread

http://www.usmessageboard.com/the-f...y-says-the-kkk-were-gun-nuts.html#post6947454

Last edited:
And, it could have ended differently - with the gun nut opening fire on the lowly clerk doing his/her job.

As the nutters get more and more hysterical, I really fear we'll hear this story repeating across the country and not all clerks will get out alive.

That is funny, isn't it?

She'll get her day in court and, if she's deemed by a jury of her peers not guilty of the charge as laid, she'll be vindicated. If not, she'll be found guilty as charged.

To claim her rights have been violated before that fundamental, legal step is taken is dishonest and nothing more than emotional hyperbole.

Excuse me? Tell me something, asswipe, where did I claim her rights were fucking violated? You really should pull your head out of the governments ass and take a look around the real world, you might learn something.

But most of the nutters will go to jail for a long time, when they act illegally. Just so.

So a complainant said she threatened to come back with a gun. Thats a verbal "simple assault" in my state. In others it is called "terroristic threat", and has been long before 9-11. Gotta remind right wingers that "terroristic" means simply some sort of verbal threat, nothing to do with Muslims or the Constitution.

So, the complainant says she mad the threat. She says she didnt. So, the police respond to the call, do their job, process the complaint, she is released immediately on a PR, and she will get her due process date in court with a judge who will determine the case. The cops advise here that, as normal, the judge will determine the threat potential during bond considerations- like they do with all cases. And since this involved the complaint of a threat with a gun, that she could help her chances of a light bond or PR bond by allowing her gun to be secured with the PD until her hearing.

Am I missing something? This sounds exactly like how our system of checks and balances, and due process, and the court system and police powers work. They even helped her by suggesting how she could help get a lighter bond. And in fact, she got the lightest possible bond, an immediate PR.

Maybe I missed the part to be outraged about? Unless threatening to come back to a public meeting with a firearm to influence change in decision making is now OK? So you say she didnt do it (according to her)? Well, others say she did. And thats why we have a court system.

Nope.

Good post.

The complaint of a threat gave police reasonable suspicion to at least question the individual.

Otherwise we have yet another failed thread from the right, where lies from The Blaze were posted as fact, making the OP in fact a liar.

But most of the nutters will go to jail for a long time, when they act illegally. Just so.

Some will go to jail for a while yes. But once a national movement starts to mass arrest us into FEMA concentration camps, you'll get a live enactment of FEDERALIST NUMBER 28.

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair. The usurpers, clothed with the forms of legal authority, can too often crush the opposition in embryo. The smaller the extent of the territory, the more difficult will it be for the people to form a regular or systematic plan of opposition, and the more easy will it be to defeat their early efforts. Intelligence can be more speedily obtained of their preparations and movements, and the military force in the possession of the usurpers can be more rapidly directed against the part where the opposition has begun. In this situation there must be a peculiar coincidence of circumstances to insure success to the popular resistance.

The obstacles to usurpation and the facilities of resistance increase with the increased extent of the state, provided the citizens understand their rights and are disposed to defend them. The natural strength of the people in a large community, in proportion to the artificial strength of the government, is greater than in a small, and of course more competent to a struggle with the attempts of the government to establish a tyranny. But in a confederacy the people, without exaggeration, may be said to be entirely the masters of their own fate. Power being almost always the rival of power, the general government will at all times stand ready to check the usurpations of the state governments, and these will have the same disposition towards the general government. The people, by throwing themselves into either scale, will infallibly make it preponderate. If their rights are invaded by either, they can make use of the other as the instrument of redress. How wise will it be in them by cherishing the union to preserve to themselves an advantage which can never be too highly prized!

It may safely be received as an axiom in our political system, that the State governments will, in all possible contingencies, afford complete security against invasions of the public liberty by the national authority. Projects of usurpation cannot be masked under pretenses so likely to escape the penetration of select bodies of men, as of the people at large. The legislatures will have better means of information. They can discover the danger at a distance; and possessing all the organs of civil power, and the confidence of the people, they can at once adopt a regular plan of opposition, in which they can combine all the resources of the community. They can readily communicate with each other in the different States, and unite their common forces for the protection of their common liberty.

I sincerely doubt that Jake will have read the Federalist 28 quote above.

The American people will print no. 38, role them into paper clubs, and beat you with them when you begin your stupidity.

Jay, Madison, and Hamilton would be among the first to order out the troops to round up the gun nutters.

2ndAmendment has no idea why the convention was organized. Obvious that.

Jay, Madison, and Hamilton would be among the first to order out the troops to round up the gun nutters.

You didnt' even mention Federalist 28 lolol. Allow me repost for you in case you missed it:

If the representatives of the people betray their constituents, there is then no resource left but in the exertion of that original right of self-defense which is paramount to all positive forms of government, and which against the usurpations of the national rulers, may be exerted with infinitely better prospect of success than against those of the rulers of an individual state. In a single state, if the persons intrusted with supreme power become usurpers, the different parcels, subdivisions, or districts of which it consists, having no distinct government in each, can take no regular measures for defense. The citizens must rush tumultuously to arms, without concert, without system, without resource; except in their courage and despair. The usurpers, clothed with the forms of legal authority, can too often crush the opposition in embryo. The smaller the extent of the territory, the more difficult will it be for the people to form a regular or systematic plan of opposition, and the more easy will it be to defeat their early efforts. Intelligence can be more speedily obtained of their preparations and movements, and the military force in the possession of the usurpers can be more rapidly directed against the part where the opposition has begun. In this situation there must be a peculiar coincidence of circumstances to insure success to the popular resistance.

The obstacles to usurpation and the facilities of resistance increase with the increased extent of the state, provided the citizens understand their rights and are disposed to defend them. The natural strength of the people in a large community, in proportion to the artificial strength of the government, is greater than in a small, and of course more competent to a struggle with the attempts of the government to establish a tyranny. But in a confederacy the people, without exaggeration, may be said to be entirely the masters of their own fate. Power being almost always the rival of power, the general government will at all times stand ready to check the usurpations of the state governments, and these will have the same disposition towards the general government. The people, by throwing themselves into either scale, will infallibly make it preponderate. If their rights are invaded by either, they can make use of the other as the instrument of redress. How wise will it be in them by cherishing the union to preserve to themselves an advantage which can never be too highly prized!

It may safely be received as an axiom in our political system, that the State governments will, in all possible contingencies, afford complete security against invasions of the public liberty by the national authority. Projects of usurpation cannot be masked under pretenses so likely to escape the penetration of select bodies of men, as of the people at large. The legislatures will have better means of information. They can discover the danger at a distance; and possessing all the organs of civil power, and the confidence of the people, they can at once adopt a regular plan of opposition, in which they can combine all the resources of the community. They can readily communicate with each other in the different States, and unite their common forces for the protection of their common liberty.

Last edited:

Even Wyatt Earp wouldn't allow the nutters to shoot up Tombstone.

Even Wyatt Earp wouldn't allow the nutters to shoot up Tombstone.
\You didn't even read Federalist 28 lolol. Allow me repost for you in case you missed it:

Forum List

Back