NJ Mom forced to turn over guns and charged for peaceful protest

It's funny how I can only find this story from conservative blogs and news sources. I have not been able to find even a local news source that covered this story. Secondly, there is no evidence other than her word that she did not make the threat to come back with a gun. I'm not saying the story does not have merit or may not be true, but a news source other than a conservative blog would be helpful. It would be interesting to see how this turns out also. If she did make the threat, there are probably plenty of witnesses and it was probably also recorded. So if she didn't make the threat, she probably has a case for a civil suit against a lot of people and the police department.

Keep us posted on how this turns out.

•Eileen Hart objected to a state re-evaluation of her property value that would drastically increase her tax rates
•She read the Constitution at a tax dispute forum and called one of the appraisers a “pencil-pusher”
•One of tax officials called 911 saying Hart threatened to return with a gun, but she unequivocally denies the claim
•Hart was charged with making “terroristic threats” and told that if she didn’t turn over her weapons, her bail would be prohibitively high and it was unclear how long she would have to remain in jail

As an Orthodox Jew, she refused to have the inspectors in her home when her husband was away at work.

But at the forum, Hart was allegedly told that since she didn’t let the inspectors into her home, the state has a right to “assume” its value.

if being an Orthodox Jew was the reason she gave for not allowing the inspection then she should be willing to accept the consequences - or like everyone else let them do their job, then protest if she feels aggrieved by a properly obtained assessment - rather than protesting against one that was obtained because of her own actions.

What a difference a liberal administration makes. Forty years ago they were burning the Flag and turning over cars and now the same people consider it a breach of the peace to read the Constitution at a public meeting. God help us.

Apparently the OP failed to research his post, unless it was his intent to lie.

While searching for a legitimate source for this story it was interesting to read all the different accounts, and how various rightwing blogs and websites spun, twisted, and, shall we say, ‘embellished’ the incident.

Needless to say no legitimate sources were found.

There was this more objective account from what seems to be a non-partisan site:

Clayton Police and Franklin Township Police located Hart, who lives on Harding Highway in Franklin Township. She was brought back to the Clayton Police Department where she was processed and charged. She was released on her own recognizance pending court, police said.

N.J. taxpayers under the gun? Franklin woman charged after gun threats at tax meeting |

No guns ‘confiscated,’ no due process violations, no arrests for reading the Constitution.

Since The Blaze is utterly devoid of credibility, the OP will need to provide the same account from a neutral, legitimate news source to be believed.

See, anyone who dissents against the government will be declared a "terrorist" without a conviction or any due process, you see where this shit is going?

All organizers of the OCCUPY WALL STREET movement are already on the terrorist watch lists. I know, I get probed hard at airports for being an organizer.

Occupy Wall Street Labeled "Terrorists" By The FBI | The Economic Populist

Reading the constitution = Terrorist threats

Welcome to Obama's America!

Reading the Constitution then making threats is terroristic. Even Glenn Beck acknowledge that today.

According to the woman, she didn't make any threats. She read the constitution then called the guy a "pencil pusher". No threat of bringing a gun and shooting people.

Reading the constitution = Terrorist threats

Welcome to Obama's America!

Reading the Constitution then making threats is terroristic. Even Glenn Beck acknowledge that today.

According to the woman, she didn't make any threats. She read the constitution then called the guy a "pencil pusher". No threat of bringing a gun and shooting people.

What would you expect her to say? "Damn right I did! I told that SOB I'd go out to the car, get my gun and blow his stupid brains out."

Would YOU admit to that if you knew you'd be looking at several years in prison?

It's funny how I can only find this story from conservative blogs and news sources. I have not been able to find even a local news source that covered this story. Secondly, there is no evidence other than her word that she did not make the threat to come back with a gun. I'm not saying the story does not have merit or may not be true, but a news source other than a conservative blog would be helpful.

LMAO! Yes, but neocon blogs are the journalism du jour for the righties on this board. I'm surprised that Siddhartha here didn't have a better source.

From New Jersey Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NJ.com

"A Franklin Township woman was arrested over the weekend after allegedly making threats about bringing a gun to a Gloucester County building, where she was attending a public meeting on tax revaluation. She later handed two guns over to police for safekeeping.""
""Hart said she was told while she was in custody that she would have to hand over her two guns, a .357-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver and a .40-caliber Glock, for safekeeping in order to keep a judge from setting bail too high for her family to pay. She owns both guns legally and shoots regularly at a local range. Now, she feels that her Second Amendment rights have been violated.""

N.J. taxpayers under the gun? Franklin woman charged after gun threats at tax meeting | NJ.com

I suspect the Sandy Hook thing has made everybody up here just a little more nervous than usual.

Police did the right thing.

Reactionary gun nuts, you can't frighten us, and normal America will incarcerate you or put you down if you try.

Number one VIOLENT cause of death in the 20th and 21st Centuries combined:
DEMOCIDE, GOOGE IT FOLKS

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide

Police did the right thing.

Reactionary gun nuts, you can't frighten us, and normal America will incarcerate you or put you down if you try.

Here's OUR three-part response:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xcJT7F_BXo]2013 Epic DUBSTEP REMIX Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [HD720p] Edit by Alex Totterdell - YouTube[/ame]

1776 will Commence Again.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gun nuts, it is what it is. The lady threatened the tax officer in the public hearing and now she has no guns.

This is they way it will be.

You will be law abiding.

From New Jersey Local News, Breaking News, Sports & Weather - NJ.com

"A Franklin Township woman was arrested over the weekend after allegedly making threats about bringing a gun to a Gloucester County building, where she was attending a public meeting on tax revaluation. She later handed two guns over to police for safekeeping.""
""Hart said she was told while she was in custody that she would have to hand over her two guns, a .357-caliber Smith & Wesson revolver and a .40-caliber Glock, for safekeeping in order to keep a judge from setting bail too high for her family to pay. She owns both guns legally and shoots regularly at a local range. Now, she feels that her Second Amendment rights have been violated.""

N.J. taxpayers under the gun? Franklin woman charged after gun threats at tax meeting | NJ.com

I suspect the Sandy Hook thing has made everybody up here just a little more nervous than usual.

Are guns allowed inside Gloucester County buildings? If they're like just about everywhere else, the answer is no.

Apparently, the "They're cummin' to get our guns" crowd has predictably disappeared from this thread.

Funny how the facts always leads to that...ain't it?

Forum List

Back