Can poor people be trusted with guns?

Wehrwolfen

May 22, 2012
By John Lott
12 March, 2013

Can poor people be trusted with guns? Overwhelmingly, Republicans thinks so. But while Democrats fight against taxes on the poor and oppose voter photo IDs because they impose too much of burden, they seem to be doing everything possible – from fees, expensive training requirements, and photo IDs -- to make it next to impossible for the poor to own guns.

Indeed, legislation in at least 17 states around the country is aimed specifically at making it more costly to own a gun. Democrats are voting in mass against exempting the poor from fees when it comes to guns. New Yorkers aren't alone facing everything from registration fees to buying liability insurance.

That's too bad, because many law-abiding citizens, particularly minorities in crime-ridden neighborhoods really do need a gun for self-defense. There is little doubt that the people who are most likely to be victims of violent crime – again, overwhelmingly poor blacks in urban areas -- are also the ones who benefit the most from owning guns. Research, including my own, has demonstrated this.

Apparently, Democrats believe that the right to self-defense is something that only belongs to the wealthy.

(Excerpt)

Read more:
Ellen Ratner - Archive - FoxNews.com

Can Wehrwolfen ever make a thread that isn't just a cut and paste pile of shit from radical right wing extremist sites?

Democrats seem to think that poor people are incapable of obtaining a valid photo I.D. to vote. How can they purchase a firearm?

Can Wehrwolfen ever make a thread that isn't just a cut and paste pile of shit from radical right wing extremist sites?

Hey man, best not to criticize "right wing extremists" when your avatar uses the word "teabaggers" in bold letters...

...something that screams "left wing extremist" in my view. Take note of the political horseshoe, and how the two ends are quite close together.

This isn't an attack, it's just an observation.

By John Lott
12 March, 2013

Can poor people be trusted with guns? Overwhelmingly, Republicans thinks so. But while Democrats fight against taxes on the poor and oppose voter photo IDs because they impose too much of burden, they seem to be doing everything possible – from fees, expensive training requirements, and photo IDs -- to make it next to impossible for the poor to own guns.

Indeed, legislation in at least 17 states around the country is aimed specifically at making it more costly to own a gun. Democrats are voting in mass against exempting the poor from fees when it comes to guns. New Yorkers aren't alone facing everything from registration fees to buying liability insurance.

That's too bad, because many law-abiding citizens, particularly minorities in crime-ridden neighborhoods really do need a gun for self-defense. There is little doubt that the people who are most likely to be victims of violent crime – again, overwhelmingly poor blacks in urban areas -- are also the ones who benefit the most from owning guns. Research, including my own, has demonstrated this.

Apparently, Democrats believe that the right to self-defense is something that only belongs to the wealthy.

(Excerpt)

Read more:

Can poor people even afford guns?

By John Lott
12 March, 2013

(Excerpt)

Read more:

Given that the grand majority of all gun homicides occurs in poor, desperate areas within our inner cities...

...short answer: YES.

By John Lott
12 March, 2013

(Excerpt)

Read more:

Given that the grand majority of all gun homicides occurs in poor, desperate areas within our inner cities...

It's not poor people you have to worry about, it's the criminals..Seems to me if the poor folks had guns, they can protect themselves from the crimes happening in their neighborhood.

Can you contradict the claims? Just like in South after Reconstruction, they taxed guns and ammo so hihg that NO black person could buy them, now the Democrats are DOING THE SAME AGAIN to keep guns and ammo away from the poor, especially blacks.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yA4mJW-kjSc]NO GUNS FOR NEGROES 1of2 THE RACIST ROOTS OF GUN CONTROL - YouTube[/ame]

Last edited by a moderator:

It's not poor people you have to worry about, it's the criminals..Seems to me if the poor folks had guns, they can protect themselves from the crimes happening in their neighborhood.

I'm pro-second amendment and pro-gun ownership. No need to convince me.

I'm in favor of a few regulation tweaks (some of the NRA rules are bogus - like the inability to trace murder weapons back to a source), but that's about it.

Last edited:

Typically Progressively Elitist and escapist of you..

In other words no, you have the inability to post any kind of original thread, and the only reason you are on this site is to post countless BS threads linking to radical right wing propaganda sites.

Are a paid troll, just a complete moron, or both? :eusa_think:

In other words no, you have the inability to post any kind of original thread, and the only reason you are on this site is to post countless BS threads linking to radical right wing propaganda sites.

Black- this isn't a personal attack (just constructive criticism), but if you're going to throw around the word "propaganda", you may want to first update your avatar pic.

The term "Teabaggers" is also simplistic propaganda aimed at pushing a very specific left agenda.

Black- this isn't a personal attack (just constructive criticism), but if you're going to throw around the word "propaganda", you may want to first update your avatar pic.

The term "Teabaggers" is also simplistic propaganda aimed at pushing a very specific left agenda.

The teabaggers gave themselves that name, not to mention my avatar is great :up:

The teabaggers gave themselves that name, not to mention my avatar is great :up:

In other words, you fell for the propaganda so now you're promoting it.

In other words, you fell for the propaganda so now you're promoting it.

No, I like making fun of the teabaggers because they are idiots.

I'm pro-second amendment and pro-gun ownership. No need to convince me.

I'm in favor of a few regulation tweaks (some of the NRA rules are bogus - like the inability to trace murder weapons back to a source), but that's about it.

How do you trace a murder weapon when it was stolen from its rightful owner? I get trace requests periodically from ATF. In many cases I know about the gun had been stolen the previous week. It's bogus. It doesnt stop crime or solve crime.

Forum List

Back