Night Agent on Netflix

Flopper

Diamond Member
Mar 23, 2010
Washington
This was a pretty good series on Netflix. The plot is nothing really new but it's quite watchable and good for weekend bingeing. It's a character-based, action-thriller centering on a low level FBI Agent who works in the basement of the White House, manning a phone that never rings -- until the night that it does, propelling him into a fast-moving and dangerous conspiracy that ultimately leads all the way to the Oval Office. Although the series does not end with a cliff hanger, it leads the audience to expect more. I wouldn't be surprised to see season two next year.

Seen ads for it but haven't watched any of it yet.
It's a pretty good action adventure with not much romance. You won't learn who is pulling the strings until near the end of the series. After the first two epoxides, I found myself binge watching.

It's a pretty good action adventure with not much romance. You won't learn who is pulling the strings until near the end of the series. After the first two epoxides, I found myself binge watching.

Watched the first episode. It’s a solid start. On my weekly watchlist now. I rarely binge shows.

Watched the first episode. It’s a solid start. On my weekly watchlist now. I rarely binge shows.
I believe Hong Chau who plays Diana Farr delivered a stand out performance. However the entire cast did a good job. They made a truly far fetch conspiracy seem believable. I thought the script was not that great, too many clichés and lines that didn't fit well. Although if was very formalist, it seemed to work well.

If I were to compare the series to most HBO series, it would rank it fairly low. Netflix's business model is to provide a lot of video for everyone. And by everyone, I mean the whole world. Thus they focus on quantity, not quality. Netflix might pay 100 million or more for a blockbuster but that is rare. Typically they pay 2 to 5 million for rights to stream. Many if not most offering are filmed in countries where the cost of production is low and they dub 4 to 10 languages. So one movie can be shown in dozens of countries in language of that country. Night Agent was filmed in British Columbia with Vancouver standing in for the US capital.

Last edited:

Condor was like that. There is also a UK 1 season series called The Bodyguard like that it sounds like. Both involved an agent being framed for the crime they were investigating.

Condor was like that. There is also a UK 1 season series called The Bodyguard like that it sounds like. Both involved an agent being framed for the crime they were investigating.
Bodyguard was very popular however for some reason there was never a season 2

Bodyguard was very popular however for some reason there was never a season 2

I never understood that either though that may have been about the time that the actor playing Budd went off to film that Elton John movie. There have been rumors that the writer/producer has been in talks with the BBC about doing a second series and possibly that it was being written, but nothing as far as actual filming anything.

I never understood that either though that may have been about the time that the actor playing Budd went off to film that Elton John movie. There have been rumors that the writer/producer has been in talks with the BBC about doing a second series and possibly that it was being written, but nothing as far as actual filming anything.
Unfortunately it's rare to see a program brought back after 3 or 4 years. Netflix will typically wait till the season has ended to evaluate the responses to the season before committing to another. Often by then either the star or co-star or director has another gig lined up. The cast and production people are always looking for the next gig before the present one ends. If either the star or costar is not available and sometimes the director, the next season is shelved, and likely to remain so. And there is always the problem of a key person in the production that simply does not want to do another season for any of a number of reasons.

TV networks will often contract for more than one season at a time while streamers tend not to do so which makes cost much higher. With a contract for multiple seasons the director can shoot all scenes for all seasons that use the same location or set together which reduces time and cost dramatically. Netflix seems hesitant to do this. I suppose because of the inherit risks.

Last edited:
Unfortunately it's rare to see a program brought back after 3 or 4 years. Netflix will typically wait till the season has ended to evaluate the responses to the season before committing to another. Often by then either the star or co-star or director has another gig lined up. The cast and production people are always looking for the next gig before the present one ends. If either the star or costar is not available and sometimes the director, the next season is shelved, and likely to remain so. And there is always the problem of a key person in the production that simply does not want to do another season for any of a number of reasons.

TV networks will often contract for more than one season at a time while streamers tend not to do so which makes cost much higher. With a contract for multiple seasons the director can shoot all scenes for all seasons that use the same location or set together which reduces time and cost dramatically. Netflix seems hesitant to do this. I suppose because of the inherit risks.

Condor was brought back from the dead after season 1, but it is important to note that The Bodyguard was actually a BBC series that nextflix brought over, not a netflix production from scratch. Netflix is the devil about canceling things too quickly IMO. They totally rely on the first few weeks views to determine the fates of series.

Condor was brought back from the dead after season 1, but it is important to note that The Bodyguard was actually a BBC series that nextflix brought over, not a netflix production from scratch. Netflix is the devil about canceling things too quickly IMO. They totally rely on the first few weeks views to determine the fates of series.
IMHO Netflix is all about quantity not quality. It is serving Over 250 million subscribers in over a 100 countries. Most of what they are releasing now are Productions Dubbed in a number languages to be seen in many countries. The problem is people from different cultures Don’t necessary like the same type of entertainment.

Night Agent makes me angry! All that GOVT waste. Pompous arrogant bossy old women ordering tea brought to her, demands updates every 30 minutes!

Seeing 6-8 SS agents told to stand by a hallway all night long guarding one girl but we dont know why?

No expense spared in cost of GOVT top to bottom $32T in debt!

Night Agent makes me angry! All that GOVT waste. Pompous arrogant bossy old women ordering tea brought to her, demands updates every 30 minutes!

Seeing 6-8 SS agents told to stand by a hallway all night long guarding one girl but we dont know why?

No expense spared in cost of GOVT top to bottom $32T in debt!
Hey, it's a TV series. The writers probably used USMB as a source.

Forum List

Back