Nice retirement for a sweet, humble, smart Wal Mart couple

Which means a single Mom with 3 kids has $20,400/yr or $400/wk to feed, cloth, pay rent, transpiration, utilities, healthcare expenses, dental expenses, school expenses, and household expenses for 4 people.

Imagine if she decided to have 10 kids while only qualified to work at Walmart!
A liberal lacks the IQ to know that if he pays for bad decisions people will be encouraged to make more of them! 1+1=2.

Now you can understand why America is devolving under liberalism.

but ... but .... we all know that working at Walmart and having 10 kids is NOT stressful, because we know that the government will step in and help.

Bad decisions are only bad when there is a negative consequence ... until accepting handouts is seen as a negative consequence, you can't have bad decisions (only decisions you wouldn't make that way).

Which means a single Mom with 3 kids has $20,400/yr or $400/wk to feed, cloth, pay rent, transpiration, utilities, healthcare expenses, dental expenses, school expenses, and household expenses for 4 people.

A liberal lacks the IQ to know that if he pays for bad decisions people will be encouraged to make more of them! 1+1=2.

but ... but .... we all know that working at Walmart and having 10 kids is NOT stressful, because we know that the government will step in and help.

Bad decisions are only bad when there is a negative consequence ... until accepting handouts is seen as a negative consequence, you can't have bad decisions (only decisions you wouldn't make that way).

yes, the liberal has perverted our culture and should be outlawed. I have heard conversations where people are very proud to be on Section 8. You can actually buy Breaking Bad action figures nowadays. Is that liberal progress??

Workers that get's a 10% raise due to an increase in minimum wage aren't going to see a 10% increase in their cost of living or anything close to it because the effect on prices are diluted by many other factors.
100% stupid and liberal as always:

1) A Rolls always cost more than a Chevy because costs always determine price.

2) Minimum wage workers want higher wages and with the same intensity so do management and owners and suppliers and customers etc etc. If soviet libturds give minimum wage folks a raise the people who pay for it more intensely want to cover the loss by getting a raise too; so prices go up and no net benefit is possible.

3) Now you know why the folk who get minimum wage stay at the bottom and are always clamoring for more under the liberal notion that you get ahead through lib soviet violence rather than by being worth more.

A soviet liberal simply lacks the IQ to understand capitalism so believes in magical welfare, food stamps, minimum wage, heath care, non-free trade. In short, the libsoviet believes in a 1000 child like soviet interventions.

Didn't you read the OP? Low wage workers in 'Murica can retire fat and happy. All they need to do is live like they don't have jobs for 20 years. It's a cake walk.....and then you get to go fishin'!

dear, a couple at Walmart earning $10/hour over an entire career earns $42k/year. That's a no stress 40 hour week while most Americans work much longer and under far more stress. 90% of those who have ever lived on this planet would love the Walmart life. They don't clean any of Americans 400 million toilet bowls.
Bitch.....Ten bucks an hour is a high stress life. I don't care what people living in squalor would like to have. This is AMERICA. You work....you live well. Simple.

Ten Bucks an hour is a high stress life?

That's news to me. I've earned about that for the last 12 years. I've earned $20K or less since 1999.

It hasn't been stressful. In fact, most of the jobs I had were pathetically easy, in air conditioned works spaces, with comfortable chairs, doing relatively simple jobs.

The only stress, was when I borrowed money to buy stuff I didn't need, to impress people I didn't care about. The stress went away, the moment I stopped doing that.
Stress has absolutely nothing to do with what you are paid. I saw of study comparing stress levels for various jobs. Turns out bank presidents are under less stress than bank tellers.

yes, the liberal has perverted our culture and should be outlawed. I have heard conversations where people are very proud to be on Section 8. You can actually buy Breaking Bad action figures nowadays. Is that liberal progress??
it's called capitalism...

2) Minimum wage workers want higher wages and with the same intensity so do management and owners and suppliers and customers etc etc. If soviet libturds give minimum wage folks a raise the people who pay for it more intensely want to cover the loss by getting a raise too; so prices go up and no net benefit is possible.

3) Now you know why the folk who get minimum wage stay at the bottom and are always clamoring for more under the liberal notion that you get ahead through lib soviet violence rather than by being worth more.

A soviet liberal simply lacks the IQ to understand capitalism so believes in magical welfare, food stamps, minimum wage, heath care, non-free trade. In short, the libsoviet believes in a 1000 child like soviet interventions.

Didn't you read the OP? Low wage workers in 'Murica can retire fat and happy. All they need to do is live like they don't have jobs for 20 years. It's a cake walk.....and then you get to go fishin'!

dear, a couple at Walmart earning $10/hour over an entire career earns $42k/year. That's a no stress 40 hour week while most Americans work much longer and under far more stress. 90% of those who have ever lived on this planet would love the Walmart life. They don't clean any of Americans 400 million toilet bowls.
Bitch.....Ten bucks an hour is a high stress life. I don't care what people living in squalor would like to have. This is AMERICA. You work....you live well. Simple.

That's news to me. I've earned about that for the last 12 years. I've earned $20K or less since 1999.

It hasn't been stressful. In fact, most of the jobs I had were pathetically easy, in air conditioned works spaces, with comfortable chairs, doing relatively simple jobs.

The only stress, was when I borrowed money to buy stuff I didn't need, to impress people I didn't care about. The stress went away, the moment I stopped doing that.
Stress has less to do with what you are paid than how you react to the job. I saw of study comparing stress levels for various jobs. Turns out bank presidents are under less stress than bank tellers.

Stress has absolutely nothing to do with what you are paid. I saw of study comparing stress levels for various jobs. Turns out bank presidents are under less stress than bank tellers.
That's probably bs since bank tellers can do their jobs perfectly while bank presidents are in a very very competitive rat race.

That's probably bs since bank tellers can do their jobs perfectly while bank presidents are in a very very competitive rat race.
There are certainly jobs that are more stressful than others but there is little correlation between pay and stress. The reason for this is pay is based on labor supply and demand and performance, not the amount of stress the job entails. Here is list of the most stressful jobs:
1. Enlisted Military Personnel
2. Surgeon
3. Firefighter
4. Commercial Airline Pilot
5. Police Officer
6. Registered Nurse
7. Emergency Dispatcher
8. Newspaper Reporter
9. Social Worker
10 Teacher

No bank presidents, Wall street tycoons , CEOs, on the list. The stress that a bank teller feels due to an unbalance cash drawer can be ever bit as great as a bank president who personally approves a bad loan.

What is often listed as one of the most stressful jobs is a stay at home moms with multiple children.

The Top 10 Most Stressful Jobs - Salary.com

Last edited:

You might be an idiot.
Wal-Mart is America's largest employer.... some or even many, have no other choice but to work there, if they want to work.
Much of Walmart's success is attributed to store placement. They avoid congested urban areas with high land and labor costs, constructing many of their stores in small towns and rural areas. With an average of 300 employees, Walmart becomes the largest employer in many of these areas. So, yes in some areas the decision is to work at Walmart or don't work.

Yeah.... but...

The problem that I have with that argument.... "it's either walmart or nothing"..... is that I have actually been to those towns... and if there was no Walmart..... then there would simply be no jobs.

I don't know if that was the intention of your statement, but the implication is "they have no choice because walmart is all there is". But, if there was no walmart..... they simply wouldn't have a job.

Years ago, they talked about how a Walmart closed in a small town, and all the jobs were gone and people left. They said that like it was a negative. As if.... had there been no jobs to begin with, then everyone would have been happy and wealthy. Well... .that's crazy.

And what is even more ironic.... I actually had a friend who worked at Walmart. She applied to dozens of jobs. They all..... ALL.... paid *LESS* than walmart. And most of them have no benefits.

So yeah, Walmart might be the biggest employer in a given area. They also tend to be the highest paying in a given area, and have the best benefits in a given area.

Which leads me to the question I keep asking..... how is that a negative? I don't get that. Because I personally have worked the tiny mom&pop shops.... they suck. No benefits at all. Minimum wage is your starting pay no matter what. Walmart is massively better by any reasonable measure.

I have to admit that I find that a little crazy to think about.

Maybe someday I'll look up that crap, and dissect it. Because stress itself is a highly personal thing.

I assume you went through High School, right? I assume everyone has seen the chick freak out, and have a melt down over what dress to wear to the school dance. That's stress. Chick has a complete emotional break down... completely stressed out.... because her shoes are the wrong shade of yellow.

My point is, I'd like to know how they determined how stressful a job is? I had job working as phone-tech support. That to me, was absolutely nerve racking. I simply could not handle it.

But there were other people there, that loved it. Greatest job they had ever had.

And you are telling me, that as a bank CEO, making deals that could gain, or lose, MILLIONS on MILLIONS of dollars.... low stress.... but bank teller.... high stress? Bank teller with zero responsibility.... high stress. I just.... kinda doubt that.

...no... He's not complaining that people are selling action figures that people want. That in and of itself, is generally good. It means people are providing a product of service, that people desire.

The problem isn't that.

The problem is,.... people want an action figure of someone who is a terrible person.

People supported Che Guevara, and he was a mass murderer. I guess capitalism caused that too huh?

...no... He's not complaining that people are selling action figures that people want. That in and of itself, is generally good. It means people are providing a product of service, that people desire.

The problem isn't that.

The problem is,.... people want an action figure of someone who is a terrible person.

People supported Che Guevara, and he was a mass murderer. I guess capitalism caused that too huh?

How did Breaking Bad characters become Che Guevara?

The problem isn't that.

capitalism does not mean no values. Values come from religion generally. Before Christ created Western Civilization people displayed their values by going to the Coliseum for entertainment. After Christ we hope capitalists compete to supply actions figures of Jesus, not liberals like Caesar or Stalin.

The problem isn't that.

capitalism does not mean no values. Values come from religion generally. Before Christ created Western Civilization people displayed their values by going to the Coliseum for entertainment. After Christ we hope capitalists compete to supply actions figures of Jesus, not liberals like Caesar or Stalin.
How was Caesar a liberal?

Maybe someday I'll look up that crap, and dissect it. Because stress itself is a highly personal thing.

I assume you went through High School, right? I assume everyone has seen the chick freak out, and have a melt down over what dress to wear to the school dance. That's stress. Chick has a complete emotional break down... completely stressed out.... because her shoes are the wrong shade of yellow.

My point is, I'd like to know how they determined how stressful a job is? I had job working as phone-tech support. That to me, was absolutely nerve racking. I simply could not handle it.

But there were other people there, that loved it. Greatest job they had ever had.

And you are telling me, that as a bank CEO, making deals that could gain, or lose, MILLIONS on MILLIONS of dollars.... low stress.... but bank teller.... high stress? Bank teller with zero responsibility.... high stress. I just.... kinda doubt that.
The body's stress response enhances a person's ability to perform well under pressure. It is natural and it is not unhealthy. However, when that stress is constant then it is unhealthy. Ongoing or long-term events, like coping with a divorce or moving to a new neighborhood or school, dealing daily with a disagreeable boss, or working in job that makes you unhappy, or fear of failure are common stressors.

Studies show the most common cause of stress on the job are not really related to the type of work you do. The workload regardless of job category is the most common cause of stress followed by people issues. A school principal is just as likely to suffer from stress as as a CEO.

Last edited:

The problem isn't that.

TeeShirtPalace Che Guevara Rebel American Apparel T-Shirt American Apparel

Same difference.

The body's stress response enhances a person's ability to perform well under pressure. It is natural and it is not unhealthy. However, when that stress is constant then it is unhealthy. Ongoing or long-term events, like coping with a divorce or moving to a new neighborhood or school, dealing daily with a disagreeable boss, or working in job that makes you unhappy, or fear of failure are common stressors.

Studies show the most common cause of stress on the job are not really related to the type of work you do. The workload regardless of job category is the most common cause of stress followed by people issues. A school principal is just as likely to suffer from stress as as a CEO.

Being happy with one's job, is an internal issue.

The other things are not job related. Dealing with divorce can happen to the McDonald burger flipper, as much as a international bank CEO.

So again, I wonder how they determined that a bank CEO has less stress than a bank teller.

The other things are not job related. Dealing with divorce can happen to the McDonald burger flipper, as much as a international bank CEO.

So again, I wonder how they determined that a bank CEO has less stress than a bank teller.
Stress is an internal issue. In reality, there is no objective way of telling which job categories are the most stressful because working environment, responsibilities and workload vary greatly from the job to job. Also the each people's reaction to stressors are different. Some people do very well under heavy workloads, other don't. Some people aren't stress in working in high risk, high reward environments, other are.

Stress is an internal issue. In reality, there is no objective way of telling which job categories are the most stressful because working environment, responsibilities and workload vary greatly from the job to job. Also the each people's reaction to stressors are different. Some people do very well under heavy workloads, other don't. Some people aren't stress in working in high risk, high reward environments, other are.

You are now repeating back to me, my own point. So again... how exactly do they determine that a bank CEO has less stress than a bank teller?

You are now repeating back to me, my own point. So again... how exactly do they determine that a bank CEO has less stress than a bank teller?
I told you it's subjective, probably based on the jobs held by people who sought help for stress related problems.

Guess this becomes a moot issue ... the McDonald's CEO announced that, in response to increased minimum wages, they will be automating the ordering process so that customers can pass their orders directly to the kitchen. This will result in elimination of about 20% of the McDonalds workforce over the next ten years.

(Machines don't ask for raises)

Forum List

Back