Nice retirement for a sweet, humble, smart Wal Mart couple

The bottom line is that minimum wage increases will raise the wages of some low income workers reducing dependence on government support and giving them a little larger share of the nations wealth.

Higher wages or costs mean higher prices. The folks who work at WalMart shop at Walmart so no net benefit is possible. A liberal will be too stupid to understand so walk into the same swinging door a million times in his life.

Walmart announced recently that over 500,000 employees about 1/3 of their US workforce will be paid a minimum of $10/hr. Within 3 years they hope to have essential all US employees making at lease $10/hr. If all costs are passed on to the customer, prices will rise 1.4%.

Only a grain truth in your statement. Yes, if all wages go up and it effects all business the same, prices will track wage increases.

However, all wages don't go up when minimum wage rises. Only a small percent of the workforce is directly effected. Although there is an indirect effects, the ripple effect, estimates vary widely from 10% to 25% depending on the size of the increase..

There is also a large variation of the impact an increase in minimum wage has on businesses. In labor intensive businesses where 99% of the workers are working at minimum, there is a significantly increases in operating costs. For businesses that aren't labor intensive or pay high wages, it's insignificant.

All business do not react to increases in labor cost by raising prices or firing workers because they can't. Raising prices or firing workers may often impacts revenues sufficiently that employers look for other means of reducing cost or increasing revenue.

Workers that get's a 10% raise due to an increase in minimum wage aren't going to see a 10% increase in their cost of living or anything close to it because the effect on prices are diluted by many other factors.

And I would agree with that. But as I reported earlier, the number of employees per Walmart store, was 336 in 2006, and was 281 by 2010, after the minimum wage went up.

Yes, the employees that keep their jobs, will not see inflation of 10%, for a 10% increase in their wages.

What about the 60 employees per store that no don't have a job? Prices will go up on them.... but now they have zero income.

Is that a net gain, or a net loss for the economy? I think it's a loss.

Workers that get's a 10% raise due to an increase in minimum wage aren't going to see a 10% increase in their cost of living or anything close to it because the effect on prices are diluted by many other factors.
100% stupid and liberal as always:

1) A Rolls always cost more than a Chevy because costs always determine price.

2) Minimum wage workers want higher wages and with the same intensity so do management and owners and suppliers and customers etc etc. If soviet libturds give minimum wage folks a raise the people who pay for it more intensely want to cover the loss by getting a raise too; so prices go up and no net benefit is possible.

3) Now you know why the folk who get minimum wage stay at the bottom and are always clamoring for more under the liberal notion that you get ahead through lib soviet violence rather than by being worth more.

A soviet liberal simply lacks the IQ to understand capitalism so believes in magical welfare, food stamps, minimum wage, heath care, non-free trade. In short, the libsoviet believes in a 1000 child like soviet interventions.

Didn't you read the OP? Low wage workers in 'Murica can retire fat and happy. All they need to do is live like they don't have jobs for 20 years. It's a cake walk.....and then you get to go fishin'!

dear, a couple at Walmart earning $10/hour over an entire career earns $42k/year. That's a no stress 40 hour week while most Americans work much longer and under far more stress. 90% of those who have ever lived on this planet would love the Walmart life. They don't clean any of Americans 400 million toilet bowls.
Bitch.....Ten bucks an hour is a high stress life. I don't care what people living in squalor would like to have. This is AMERICA. You work....you live well. Simple.

Bitch.....Ten bucks an hour is a high stress life..

poverty in Bulgaria or Russia or Africa is high stress!! Cleaning Americas 400 million toilets might be stressful but Walmart is not!!

You losers think American workers should be happy as long as they are better off than people who live in squalor or have to clean toilets. That is why the American worker will toss you aside if they are well informed. And that is why you assholes need Rush and Fox so badly.

You losers think American workers should be happy as long as they are better off than people who live in squalor or have to clean toilets..

too stupid!!! Jefferson gave us all the freedom to pursue happiness any way we wanted. Does the liberal want a law such that the govt liberals will make people happy??

You losers think American workers should be happy as long as they are better off than people who live in squalor or have to clean toilets. .

the libcommie lacks the IQ to understand capitalism. His heart bleeds for welfare for WalMart employees as the flavor of the month. What about people who clean toilets or work outside in winter. You can name 1000's libsoviet interventions they want because they lack the IQ to understand capitalism. China just switched to it and instantly eliminated 40% of the entire world's poverty!!

A liberal lacks the IQ to understand.

Why would anyone have a problem with an adult working 40 hers per week getting some gov't assistance? I see nothing wrong with it. At least they are working.

Why would anyone have a problem with an adult working 40 hers per week getting some gov't assistance?.

too stupid!!! dear, there are 1000's of lib soviet interventions desired by the liberals because they lack the IQ to understand Republican capitalism

2) Minimum wage workers want higher wages and with the same intensity so do management and owners and suppliers and customers etc etc. If soviet libturds give minimum wage folks a raise the people who pay for it more intensely want to cover the loss by getting a raise too; so prices go up and no net benefit is possible.

3) Now you know why the folk who get minimum wage stay at the bottom and are always clamoring for more under the liberal notion that you get ahead through lib soviet violence rather than by being worth more.

A soviet liberal simply lacks the IQ to understand capitalism so believes in magical welfare, food stamps, minimum wage, heath care, non-free trade. In short, the libsoviet believes in a 1000 child like soviet interventions.
Your reply is just plain :lame2:

Didn't you read the OP? Low wage workers in 'Murica can retire fat and happy. All they need to do is live like they don't have jobs for 20 years. It's a cake walk.....and then you get to go fishin'!

dear, a couple at Walmart earning $10/hour over an entire career earns $42k/year. That's a no stress 40 hour week while most Americans work much longer and under far more stress. 90% of those who have ever lived on this planet would love the Walmart life. They don't clean any of Americans 400 million toilet bowls.
Which means a single Mom with 3 kids has $20,400/yr or $400/wk to feed, cloth, pay rent, transpiration, utilities, healthcare expenses, dental expenses, school expenses, and household expenses for 4 people. Try doing that without government assistance. Walmart workers draw over 6 billion dollars a year in public assistance.

Last edited:
Which means a single Mom with 3 kids has $20,400/yr or $400/wk to feed, cloth, pay rent, transpiration, utilities, healthcare expenses, dental expenses, school expenses, and household expenses for 4 people.

Imagine if she decided to have 10 kids while only qualified to work at Walmart!
A liberal lacks the IQ to know that if he pays for bad decisions people will be encouraged to make more of them! 1+1=2.

Now you can understand why America is devolving under liberalism.

Which means a single Mom with 3 kids has $20,400/yr or $400/wk to feed, cloth, pay rent, transpiration, utilities, healthcare expenses, dental expenses, school expenses, and household expenses for 4 people.

Imagine if she decided to have 10 kids while only qualified to work at Walmart!
A liberal lacks the IQ to know that if he pays for bad decisions people will be encouraged to make more of them! 1+1=2.

Now you can understand why America is devolving under liberalism.
And a single working at Walmart is going to have 10 kids:cuckoo:

Wal-Mart is America's largest employer.... some or even many, have no other choice but to work there, if they want to work.

Retirement savings can last, unless your health turns for the worse and you can't afford the medical bills. Going to work till I drop rather than retire, as I don't see the point of being idle anyway.
Why bother? You can simply work for 17 years at Walmart and retire.

Bitch.....Ten bucks an hour is a high stress life..

poverty in Bulgaria or Russia or Africa is high stress!! Cleaning Americas 400 million toilets might be stressful but Walmart is not!!

You losers think American workers should be happy as long as they are better off than people who live in squalor or have to clean toilets. That is why the American worker will toss you aside if they are well informed. And that is why you assholes need Rush and Fox so badly.

Ed's life support system is Fox and Rush.

Wal-Mart is America's largest employer.... some or even many, have no other choice but to work there, if they want to work.
Much of Walmart's success is attributed to store placement. They avoid congested urban areas with high land and labor costs, constructing many of their stores in small towns and rural areas. With an average of 300 employees, Walmart becomes the largest employer in many of these areas. So, yes in some areas the decision is to work at Walmart or don't work.

Bitch.....Ten bucks an hour is a high stress life. I don't care what people living in squalor would like to have. This is AMERICA. You work....you live well. Simple.

Ten Bucks an hour is a high stress life?

That's news to me. I've earned about that for the last 12 years. I've earned $20K or less since 1999.

It hasn't been stressful. In fact, most of the jobs I had were pathetically easy, in air conditioned works spaces, with comfortable chairs, doing relatively simple jobs.

The only stress, was when I borrowed money to buy stuff I didn't need, to impress people I didn't care about. The stress went away, the moment I stopped doing that.

That's news to me. I've earned about that for the last 12 years. I've earned $20K or less since 1999.

It hasn't been stressful. In fact, most of the jobs I had were pathetically easy, in air conditioned works spaces, with comfortable chairs, doing relatively simple jobs.

The only stress, was when I borrowed money to buy stuff I didn't need, to impress people I didn't care about. The stress went away, the moment I stopped doing that.

You might be an idiot.

You might be an idiot.

cleaning America's 400 million toilets, or working outside in winter, or performing surgery on patients who will likely die during surgery or being in finance when the markets are declining is stressful, but not working at WalMart.

Liberals need to hate Walmart for some idiotic reason. I guess because they hate to see corporate American doing well!!

Forum List

Back