NH Union Leader Endorses Gingrich

This may be the best news the Obama administration gets all weekend (although the record Black Friday sales might be stiff competition).

The success of Black Friday is probably due more to OWS. The backlash was a tea party BUYcott of Black Friday.

Sort of like when the illegals had a May 1 boycott of Los Angeles. The stores and malls had special one day sales calling it Shop Till You Drop Day.

It was a big success, except for all the hispanic businesses that were closed.

I'm a little confused here. Did the OWS call for a boycott, and the TEA called for people to buy? Because I hadn't heard either.

Anyway, I'm doing my Christmas shopping the way I usually do it. In a last minute panick because my nieces and nephews don't tell me what they want.

Newt is not running for President. I keep telling you all that, but you don't listen. He cannot win a General Election. Therefore, he will not get the nomination. He is now angling for VP. Which is a perfect job for him. Go around bloviating on every subject, while having absolutely no power.

And if he doesn't get the VP nomination, he will go back to Plan A: raise his visibility, refurbish his image, sell books and videos, and raise his speaking fees.

Mission: Accomplished

Guy, anyone can beat Obama under the right circumnstances.

Elections with an incumbant are inevitably about the incumbant. If people don't approve of the job he is doing, he doesn't get re-elected. Period.

Carter, Ford, Bush-41, all had approval ratings of where Obama is right now. No one has ever gotten re-elected with an approval rating this low.

As I have come to expect, you are full of shit.

Presidential Approval Ratings -- Gallup Historical Statistics and Trends

6hp0qq.png

Looks like the main reason the Leader endorsed Gingrich was in recognition of his ability to work WITH Democrats.

lol, is that what the Right is looking for in their desperate anyone-but-Romney quest?

Newt is not running for President. I keep telling you all that, but you don't listen. He cannot win a General Election. Therefore, he will not get the nomination. He is now angling for VP. Which is a perfect job for him. Go around bloviating on every subject, while having absolutely no power.

And if he doesn't get the VP nomination, he will go back to Plan A: raise his visibility, refurbish his image, sell books and videos, and raise his speaking fees.

Mission: Accomplished

Elections with an incumbant are inevitably about the incumbant. If people don't approve of the job he is doing, he doesn't get re-elected. Period.

Carter, Ford, Bush-41, all had approval ratings of where Obama is right now. No one has ever gotten re-elected with an approval rating this low.

6hp0qq.png

Oooookay, Corky, I know you are a little slow... that was his lowest point, nearly two years before the election. By the time the election rolled around, he was up above 50%.

What scenario do you see where Obama's approval rating gets higher than it is now. I see a lot of them where they get lower, most of them involving the imminent collapse of the Euro...

Looks like the main reason the Leader endorsed Gingrich was in recognition of his ability to work WITH Democrats.

lol, is that what the Right is looking for in their desperate anyone-but-Romney quest?

There is a difference between working with the left to achieve your own goals and giving in to leftist principles.

Again, not really. Bush worked with Democrats. Reagan worked with Democrats. Hells, bells, even Nixon worked with Democrats.

Obama doesn't know how to work with the Republicans. He's too busy getting high on his own supply of BS.

This may be the best news the Obama administration gets all weekend (although the record Black Friday sales might be stiff competition).

The success of Black Friday is probably due more to OWS. The backlash was a tea party BUYcott of Black Friday.

Sort of like when the illegals had a May 1 boycott of Los Angeles. The stores and malls had special one day sales calling it Shop Till You Drop Day.

I'm a little confused here. Did the OWS call for a boycott, and the TEA called for people to buy? Because I hadn't heard either.

Anyway, I'm doing my Christmas shopping the way I usually do it. In a last minute panick because my nieces and nephews don't tell me what they want.

Neither did I....but assuming he is correct, do we put the insanity, pepper spraying, and rioting on Black Friday at the doorstep of the Tea Party? Makes one go "hmmmmmmm".

Neither did I....but assuming he is correct, do we put the insanity, pepper spraying, and rioting on Black Friday at the doorstep of the Tea Party? Makes one go "hmmmmmmm".

And I blame the Cabbage Patch doll insanity of 25 years ago on Tip O'Neil.

:rolleyes:

There is a difference between working with the left to achieve your own goals and giving in to leftist principles.

Then I hope that the Democrats don't give in an inch to rightwing principles.

Does anyone else find it incredibly surreal that the media (as well as so many outside the media) has put on this enormous, collective straight face while talking about Gingrich for President?

How is this not a joke? Am I the last sane person in America who can still see that this is a joke?

Does anyone else find it incredibly surreal that the media (as well as so many outside the media) has put on this enormous, collective straight face while talking about Gingrich for President?

How is this not a joke? Am I the last sane person in America who can still see that this is a joke?

It's a very real possibility. I said several weeks ago that Gingrich was poised to become the nominee, considering that it's almost never the early front runners. He's had the opportunity to run a firm and steady campaign, compared to the other contenders who have had to run fast and messy. He's coming across as a moderate while being supported as a conservative. Not only could this help him earn the nomination, but a general election as well. He'll energize the conservative base, while presenting strong competition to Obama for independents and centrists.

6hp0qq.png

Oooookay, Corky, I know you are a little slow... that was his lowest point, nearly two years before the election. By the time the election rolled around, he was up above 50%.

What scenario do you see where Obama's approval rating gets higher than it is now. I see a lot of them where they get lower, most of them involving the imminent collapse of the Euro...

Move the goalpost all you want. I disproved your assertion.

No you didn't. January of '83 was 23 months before the election. Right now is around 11 months before the election.

He said

You'll have to post that Reagan's numbers were 35% 11 months prior to the election in order to disprove his assertion.

No you didn't. January of '83 was 23 months before the election. Right now is around 11 months before the election.

He said

You'll have to post that Reagan's numbers were 35% 11 months prior to the election in order to disprove his assertion.

I disagree. He said no one has ever gotten re-elected with an approval rating this low. He did not say "no one has ever gotten re-elected with an approval rating this low 11 months before the general election. His statement about polling numbers does not include a time frame.

He said

I disagree. He said no one has ever gotten re-elected with an approval rating this low. He did not say "no one has ever gotten re-elected with an approval rating this low 11 months before the general election. His statement about polling numbers does not include a time frame.

The context is in the previous sentence where he says "right now". In reading the post, it is clear that Joe was referring to a president being elected with an approval rating this low "right now"....11 months prior to the election.

Last edited:
Keep in mind that historical factors don't really mean jack or squat anymore.

Personally, I think Obama will be reelected.

He said

The context is in the previous sentence where he says "right now". In reading the post, it is clear that Joe was referring to a president being elected with an approval rating this low "right now"....11 months prior to the election.

I do not think it is clear. I read it is the opposite. I think Joe was making an absolute statement, not one that infers from a prior thought.

I think Obama will lose.

President Romney.

I do not think it is clear. I read it is the opposite. I think Joe was making an absolute statement, not one that infers from a prior thought.

I think Obama will lose.

President Romney.

I'd be fine with that too. I'm just thinking that the election favors the incumbent, and Romney has a lot of things that he's going to have to backpedal and try and explain away.

I think Obama will lose.

President Romney.

I'd be fine with that too. I'm just thinking that the election favors the incumbent, and Romney has a lot of things that he's going to have to backpedal and try and explain away.

All true, but one of the best predictors of electoral success (supposedly) is the right/track wrong track poll, i.e. is America on on the right track or the wrong track? This poll has been "wrong track" by 40%-50% for the past two years now. This is enormous. I think he is very vulnerable. Romney is the best of a bad lot.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back