NFL WEEK 14 PICKS

Montrovant

Fuzzy bears!
May 4, 2009
A Picturesque Apocalypse
Almost done with the season. It has felt very difficult to pick, but I've still got a pretty good record.

Thu Dec 7 8:25 pm New Orleans Saints Atlanta Falcons - Saints are playing such surprisingly good D
Sun Dec 10 1:00 pm Chicago Bears Cincinnati Bengals - Tough to pick these two sub-par teams
1:00 pm Detroit Lions Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The Lions haven't been great of late, but still better than the Bucs
1:00 pm Green Bay Packers Cleveland Browns - Anyone but Cleveland
1:00 pm Indianapolis Colts Buffalo Bills - If Taylor can't go, my pick changes
1:00 pm Minnesota Vikings Carolina Panthers - Good game. Vikings are top-3, should pull it out
1:00 pm Oakland Raiders Kansas City Chiefs - I feel bad picking the Chiefs...but the Raiders aren't playing well, either.
1:00 pm San Francisco 49ers Houston Texans - Picking the 49ers to win 2 in a row
1:00 pm Seattle Seahawks Jacksonville Jaguars - Another close one. Russell Wilson is playing amazing football, but I'm going with the Jags D
4:05 pm New York Jets Denver Broncos - The Jets have been one of the bigger surprises this year in a good way
4:05 pm Tennessee Titans Arizona Cardinals - Tennessee is going to end up with a good record and winning their division, but they seem like just an average team to me
4:05 pm Washington Redskins Los Angeles Chargers - The Chargers are hot right now, but the Skins will give them a run
4:25 pm Dallas Cowboys New York Giants - Giants are in disarray, while the Cowboys looked back on track last week
4:25 pm Philadelphia Eagles Los Angeles Rams - Eagles showed a bit of vulnerability last week, and the Rams are at home. Should be a good game
8:30 pm Baltimore Ravens Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh gets the home nod in what should be a very close division game
Mon Dec 11 8:30 pm New England Patriots Miami Dolphins - Pats shouldn't need Gronk to take care of the Dolphins

Almost done with the season. It has felt very difficult to pick, but I've still got a pretty good record.

Thu Dec 7 8:25 pm New Orleans Saints Atlanta Falcons - Saints are playing such surprisingly good D
Sun Dec 10 1:00 pm Chicago Bears Cincinnati Bengals - Tough to pick these two sub-par teams
1:00 pm Detroit Lions Tampa Bay Buccaneers - The Lions haven't been great of late, but still better than the Bucs
1:00 pm Green Bay Packers Cleveland Browns - Anyone but Cleveland
1:00 pm Indianapolis Colts Buffalo Bills - If Taylor can't go, my pick changes
1:00 pm Minnesota Vikings Carolina Panthers - Good game. Vikings are top-3, should pull it out
1:00 pm Oakland Raiders Kansas City Chiefs - I feel bad picking the Chiefs...but the Raiders aren't playing well, either.
1:00 pm San Francisco 49ers Houston Texans - Picking the 49ers to win 2 in a row
1:00 pm Seattle Seahawks Jacksonville Jaguars - Another close one. Russell Wilson is playing amazing football, but I'm going with the Jags D
4:05 pm New York Jets Denver Broncos - The Jets have been one of the bigger surprises this year in a good way
4:05 pm Tennessee Titans Arizona Cardinals - Tennessee is going to end up with a good record and winning their division, but they seem like just an average team to me
4:05 pm Washington Redskins Los Angeles Chargers - The Chargers are hot right now, but the Skins will give them a run
4:25 pm Dallas Cowboys New York Giants - Giants are in disarray, while the Cowboys looked back on track last week
4:25 pm Philadelphia Eagles Los Angeles Rams - Eagles showed a bit of vulnerability last week, and the Rams are at home. Should be a good game
8:30 pm Baltimore Ravens Pittsburgh Steelers - Pittsburgh gets the home nod in what should be a very close division game
Mon Dec 11 8:30 pm New England Patriots Miami Dolphins - Pats shouldn't need Gronk to take care of the Dolphins
Last quarter of a very enjoyable season. Hope it closes in the same fashion.
Falcons over Saints --- Falcons have to be desperate now. They don't seem to have much of a home field advantage, but I'll give it to them.
Bungholes over da Bearsus --- Dalton looked good against the Steelers, and Bears certainly not in the same mold as the Steelers.
Kitties over Succaneers --- Lions need to win to keep their playoff chances alive.
Browns over Pukers --- c'mon Brownies, at least get 1 win for the season.
Bills over Colts --- Toss up. Bills at home.
Vikes over Panthers --- My game of the week.
Chefs over Raiduz --- Probably another shootout. Chefs at home.
Whiners over Texassans --- Gotta wonder at what could have been if not for all the injuries on the Texans. Garrapolo might be enough of a difference here to put the Whiners over.
Seachix over Jags --- Another really good matchup. Wilson is playing at MVP level. Jags D is great, but think Seachix take it.
Jets over Broncos --- Very disappointing year for the Broncos.
Titans over Cards --- Titans keep on quietly winning.
Chargers over Skins --- Think the Chargers are a slightly better team than the Skins. Good matchup.
Cowpies over Giants --- Giants fired their coach and GM. Spags has to pick up the pieces. Probably won't do it this week though.
Rams over Iggles --- Another great matchup. Iggles facing second big test on the road.
Steelers over Ravens --- Another AFC-North slobberknocker. Ravens O is pretty anemic. Doubt they can keep up with the Steelers.
Pats over Fish --- Look for Pats to keep up their dominance over Miami.

8-6 heading into tonight's game. Eagles win, but Wentz looks out for the season. Chargers and Chiefs both won, setting up a game that could determine the winner of the division next week.

Not having a very good week, but can't complain about the season so far.

Falcons over Saints --- Falcons have to be desperate now. They don't seem to have much of a home field advantage, but I'll give it to them. Check
Bungholes over da Bearsus --- Dalton looked good against the Steelers, and Bears certainly not in the same mold as the Steelers. Wrong
Kitties over Succaneers --- Lions need to win to keep their playoff chances alive. Check
Browns over Pukers --- c'mon Brownies, at least get 1 win for the season. Wrong. Took them to OT, but lost as usual.
Bills over Colts --- Toss up. Bills at home. Check. Bills win in OT in a foot of snow.
Vikes over Panthers --- My game of the week. Wrong. Vikes have bad game and Panthers run all over them and give them third loss of season.
Chefs over Raiduz --- Probably another shootout. Chefs at home. Check.
Whiners over Texassans --- Gotta wonder at what could have been if not for all the injuries on the Texans. Garrapolo might be enough of a difference here to put the Whiners over. Check
Seachix over Jags --- Another really good matchup. Wilson is playing at MVP level. Jags D is great, but think Seachix take it. Wrong. Game got really ugly at the end.
Jets over Broncos --- Very disappointing year for the Broncos. Wrong. Broncos pitch a shutout over the Jets.
Titans over Cards --- Titans keep on quietly winning. Wrong. Titans quietly lose this one.
Chargers over Skins --- Think the Chargers are a slightly better team than the Skins. Good matchup. Check
Cowpies over Giants --- Giants fired their coach and GM. Spags has to pick up the pieces. Probably won't do it this week though. Check
Rams over Iggles --- Another great matchup. Iggles facing second big test on the road. Wrong. Iggles win, but may have lost Wentz. Hope it isn't serious.
Steelers over Ravens --- Another AFC-North slobberknocker. Ravens O is pretty anemic. Doubt they can keep up with the Steelers. Check. Steelers pull it out in a shootout 39-38.

8-7 going into monday night game.

Falcons over Saints --- Falcons have to be desperate now. They don't seem to have much of a home field advantage, but I'll give it to them. Check
Bungholes over da Bearsus --- Dalton looked good against the Steelers, and Bears certainly not in the same mold as the Steelers. Wrong
Kitties over Succaneers --- Lions need to win to keep their playoff chances alive. Check
Browns over Pukers --- c'mon Brownies, at least get 1 win for the season. Wrong. Took them to OT, but lost as usual.
Bills over Colts --- Toss up. Bills at home. Check. Bills win in OT in a foot of snow.
Vikes over Panthers --- My game of the week. Wrong. Vikes have bad game and Panthers run all over them and give them third loss of season.
Whiners over Texassans --- Gotta wonder at what could have been if not for all the injuries on the Texans. Garrapolo might be enough of a difference here to put the Whiners over. Check
Seachix over Jags --- Another really good matchup. Wilson is playing at MVP level. Jags D is great, but think Seachix take it. Wrong. Game got really ugly at the end.
Jets over Broncos --- Very disappointing year for the Broncos. Wrong. Broncos pitch a shutout over the Jets.
Titans over Cards --- Titans keep on quietly winning. Wrong. Titans quietly lose this one.
Chargers over Skins --- Think the Chargers are a slightly better team than the Skins. Good matchup. Check
Cowpies over Giants --- Giants fired their coach and GM. Spags has to pick up the pieces. Probably won't do it this week though. Check
Rams over Iggles --- Another great matchup. Iggles facing second big test on the road. Wrong. Iggles win, but may have lost Wentz. Hope it isn't serious.
Steelers over Ravens --- Another AFC-North slobberknocker. Ravens O is pretty anemic. Doubt they can keep up with the Steelers. Check. Steelers pull it out in a shootout 39-38.

9-6 for me. You should never pick the Browns! :lol:

What was up with the Steelers? Ben threw 66 times, but Bell only had 13 rushes? Even at the end of the game, the Steelers were in FG range, they ran once, Baltimore called a T.O., then the Steelers threw 2 incompletions, leaving the Ravens with a last T.O. Seemed like crappy play calling/time management to me, even if it worked out in the end.

9-6 for me. You should never pick the Browns! :lol:

What was up with the Steelers? Ben threw 66 times, but Bell only had 13 rushes? Even at the end of the game, the Steelers were in FG range, they ran once, Baltimore called a T.O., then the Steelers threw 2 incompletions, leaving the Ravens with a last T.O. Seemed like crappy play calling/time management to me, even if it worked out in the end.

The Browns must be the most inept organization in all of professional sports. How can you field a winless team when you have year after year after year of high draft picks, highly regarded coaches, and a good fan base? I thought they stood a good chance against the Pukers without Rodgers. They have a decent defense and were playing at home. But no... They folded up like a cheap suit.

Steelers game was pretty crazy. I never expected a shootout type of game. Didn't think the Ravens had it in them to score that much. The one thing that puzzled me was the last play of the game. I thought the Ravens had around 8 seconds left - enough to get a hail Mary off, but somehow they didn't even get to run off a play. As far as Bell not rushing that much... Guess they just went with what was working. Big Ben threw for 4 TD's and over 500 yards.

Why are the Dolphins so good against the Pats? I don't know, but it's screwing up one of my fantasy games, where I only need 2 points from the Pats D to win, and currently have 1. :lol:

DQyjm43VAAAre72.jpg

From the game in Buffalo on Sunday. Wow! :ack-1:

Forum List

Back