Remember "Bo Knows...'?

he knew bo diddly about baseballl thats for sure.lol that motherfucker idiot threw away his career,had he just stuck to football,the sport he was good at,he could have been the greatest running back ever.

he knew bo diddly about baseballl thats for sure.lol that motherfucker idiot threw away his career,had he just stuck to football,the sport he was good at,he could have been the greatest running back ever.

Baseball was not what ended his career in the NFL. It was a football injury that ended it. Playing baseball had nothing to do with his short career in the NFL.

As for him not being good at baseball, I guess that depends on what your standards are for "good". He was an All Star in 1989. He was the MVP of the All Star Game in '89. He had 20 homeruns in 4 seasons and 30 in 1 season, along with 100 RBIs in one season.

Baseball was not what ended his career in the NFL. It was a football injury that ended it. Playing baseball had nothing to do with his short career in the NFL.

As for him not being good at baseball, I guess that depends on what your standards are for "good". He was an All Star in 1989. He was the MVP of the All Star Game in '89. He had 20 homeruns in 4 seasons and 30 in 1 season, along with 100 RBIs in one season.

He was a truly amazing athlete. Likely as good a complete athlete as there ever was.

He injured his hip playing football

He should have stuck to baseball

He was a truly amazing athlete. Likely as good a complete athlete as there ever was.

One of the best running backs I ever saw

Pretty damned good

He could hit the ball a mile and cover a lot of ground in the outfield

Last edited:

Pretty damned good

He could hit the ball a mile and cover a lot of ground in the outfield

You beat me to it. He filled stadiums that would have been half full.

He was one hell of an athlete. Too bad about the injury, he was fun to watch.

Baseball had a major impact on that though.The body can only take so much wear and tear,going a whole season without rest from one sport to another takes a toll on you ESPECIALLY if you are a running back. Deion Sanders did not play near as punishing a position as Bo did so he was able to do it for a while but then realised that and got wise knowing he would not be able to sustain himself his whole career if he kept playing two sports and wisely went to just football. that just proves my point for me,he had ONE GOOD YEAR,that year you mentioned,he sucked after that.:biggrin:

yeah as i said,had he devoted himself fulltime to football,i cant believe he would not have been one of the very best running backs in the game ever.

Re Bo Jackson: I remember that steroid user getting his hip crushed to end his career.

#Karma
you nailed it. :biggrin: except i never heard anything about him being on steroids but he DID get his hip crushed and it was KARMA that caused it.:biggrin: He was a real asshole and bully growing up,he got what was coming to him.he brought that karma down on him for sure with his actions growing up.karma is a bitch indeed.:biggrin:

Re Bo Jackson: I remember that steroid user getting his hip crushed to end his career.

#Karma
you nailed it. :biggrin: except i never heard anything about him being on steroids but he DID get his hip crushed and it was KARMA that caused it.:biggrin: He was a real asshole and bully growing up,he got what was coming to him.he brought that karma down on him for sure with his actions growing up.karma is a bitch indeed.:biggrin:

I don't remember the type of illegal substance now (off the top of my head); but it's well known in medical circles he was taking something that led to the deterioration of the hip and making it brittle. If you look at the hit, it's not even really bad. It was just the hip giving out.

Forum List

Back