NFL National Anthem Controversy Summed Up

the point was that they are not forgotten, and that fk posts fake news. I posted that out of respect for their service and what they did to show how blacks supported and wanted to fight to make a better country and kneeling means they're kneeling at their bravery.

Thank you for that post of respect for them, but through your post you have proven they are NOT forgotten. They are slowly becoming that way, though. I am not even sure if they are still taught in school...sadly.
"In 2007, the Tuskegee Airmen received the highest American civilian honor – the Congressional Gold Medal bestowed by the United States Congress. It is the highest expression of national appreciation for distinguished achievements and contributions. The Tuskegee Airmen received the medal as a 300-strong collective group, appearing at the U.S. Capitol to be honored by then President George W. Bush and Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi. The medal is on display at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington, D.C."

You know, if they had been a white squadron, they would have gotten their awards back in the 1940's and 1950's, and wouldn't have had to wait until 2007 to be recognized.

Seems you have no idea as to why they choose to not stand. Denial does not win on a disagreement.
It is about "social injustice", its not about the NFL.

Bringing attention to an injustice is not pissing on something.
Obviously you idea of what is happening it twisted in a foul manner.
They have the right to protest and the right to speak their mind in any legal manner they choose.
That is what the "patriots" of this country fought for, their right.

How long did it take this country to come to grips with the bravery and heroism to bestow this honor on them.
While the "others" received theirs' on return.
Try telling the entire truth.

Typical right wing tea-bagger, only check history as far as you like to see it.

Returning home - Red Tail Squadron
Returning home
Despite their distinguished wartime record, the Tuskegee Airmen returned to an America unwilling to recognize their contributions. Racism and segregation continued to have a stranglehold on the country. Instead of being greeted with a hero’s welcome, the Tuskegee Airmen were segregated as soon as they disembarked the ships that brought them home. German prisoners of war were treated better than black Americans. It would be decades before their war efforts were acknowledged or even widely known, and it could be said that even today many people do not know about the remarkable achievements of the Tuskegee Airmen. Misinformation, or lack of any factual information at all, is rampant.
"In 2007, the Tuskegee Airmen received the highest American civilian honor – the Congressional Gold Medal bestowed by the United States Congress. It is the highest expression of national appreciation for distinguished achievements and contributions. The Tuskegee Airmen received the medal as a 300-strong collective group, appearing at the U.S. Capitol to be honored by then President George W. Bush and Speaker of the House of Representatives Nancy Pelosi. The medal is on display at the Smithsonian National Museum of African American History & Culture in Washington, D.C."
I don't know, but the US set the stage on how to treat someone equally and today that still isn't good enough for some. it's really ashame, the greatest nation in the world and someone wishes to piss on it. people crawl through deserts to get here illegally because it is the greatest place in the world and yet people making millions wish to piss on the flag that draws them here.
yep, just like everyone that doesn't like it, doesn't have to like it right? they fought for my right as well. right? injustice like what, name something please? like the player didn't get a four year deal, didn't get the right helmet? the cleats are too short?

This even happened to black soldiers returning from Korea.
So, there is an extremely long history of sending "soldiers" to fight for freedom, but only for a select few.

the point was that they are not forgotten, and that fk posts fake news. I posted that out of respect for their service and what they did to show how blacks supported and wanted to fight to make a better country and kneeling means they're kneeling at their bravery.

Thank you for that post of respect for them, but through your post you have proven they are NOT forgotten. They are slowly becoming that way, though. I am not even sure if they are still taught in school...sadly.

You know, if they had been a white squadron, they would have gotten their awards back in the 1940's and 1950's, and wouldn't have had to wait until 2007 to be recognized.

Protesting the national anthem by disrespect at an NFL game, NBA, game, NHL game, Little League, Pop Warner league, etc. is unacceptable.
Okay, where is the rule on that? Is it in the Constitution?

And, does this traumatize you in some way? Do you feel victimized?

If you read the 1st Amendment, it only mentions Congress righting laws. Since they have not limited their speech by law, why can't their employer limit their speech?

You libs just don't get it.

As libs often say when conservatives complain about free speech issues, you have freedom of speech, but you do not have freedom from consequences of that speech.
I believe in freedom of expression for all. The more the merrier. Let's hear it and discuss it.

You and the Regressive Left don't.

I think most people here aren't objection to the freedom to express oneself , but rather WHEN the players are choosing to do it.
People who pay to watch a game shouldn't be subjected to this - they are like a captive audience and it isn't what they paid to see. The players who do this are abusing their position and their audience, imho.

Protesting the national anthem by disrespect at an NFL game, NBA, game, NHL game, Little League, Pop Warner league, etc. is unacceptable.

If you read the 1st Amendment, it only mentions Congress righting laws. Since they have not limited their speech by law, why can't their employer limit their speech?

As libs often say when conservatives complain about free speech issues, you have freedom of speech, but you do not have freedom from consequences of that speech.
I believe in freedom of expression for all. The more the merrier. Let's hear it and discuss it.

I think most people here aren't objection to the freedom to express oneself , but rather WHEN they are doing it. People who pay to watch a game shouldn't be subjected to this - they are like a captive audience and it isn't what they paid to see. The players that do this are abusing their position and their audience, imho.

A "captive audience"? Really? You mean to tell me that 30 seconds to a minute of someone kneeling during the anthem is going to have an effect on the game or how people feel about it?

I don't watch the games to see the protests, I watch them to see the players play football. Besides, during the opening festivities, I'm either watching something else or raiding the 'fridge for some game snacks.

Are you really serious?
A captive audience and they paid to watch football, not watch how is standing and who isn't standing.
upload_2017-9-25_13-58-7.gif

I think most people here aren't objection to the freedom to express oneself , but rather WHEN they are doing it. People who pay to watch a game shouldn't be subjected to this - they are like a captive audience and it isn't what they paid to see. The players that do this are abusing their position and their audience, imho.

Are you really serious?
A captive audience and they paid to watch football, not watch how is standing and who isn't standing.
View attachment 151295

You don't think they want people to see that they are keeling? :cuckoo:

So, there is an extremely long history of sending "soldiers" to fight for freedom, but only for a select few.
Ummm, the Tuskegee airman fought for their opportunity to fight for their country. Don't minimize who they were or what they did by claiming they were only there and did what they did because whites made them do it. (At least that is what it SOUNDED like you were doing.)

Ever hear of the Buffalo Soldiers. They were not forced into the military and forced to serve:

"The men of the Buffalo Soldiers were the only African Americans that fought during the war. ... Several African-American regiments of United States Volunteers were formed and nicknamed "Immune Regiments", but none of these volunteer regiments served overseas in that war."
- Buffalo Soldier - Wikipedia

Many of the people at sporting events are using the restroom or buying something during this time.
Your comment is quite lame. really!

Are you really serious?
View attachment 151295

Are you really serious?
View attachment 151295

How is 30 sec. to a minute of kneeling in a game that is several hours long going to have an effect on either the game or the spectators?

Many of the people at sporting events are using the restroom or buying something during this time.

Are you really serious?
View attachment 151295

And many aren't. And many don't want the sport they pay to watch politicised. What's so hard to understand? I guess you'll work it out when the stands and the coffers are empty. Maybe.

Quite the fantasy.
Then who gets to tell you what to do and when to do it?

Are you really serious?
View attachment 151295

And many aren't. And many don't want the sport they pay to watch politicised. What's so hard to understand? I guess you'll work it out when the stands and the coffers are empty. Maybe.

Quite the fantasy.
Then who gets to tell you what to do and when to do it?

Are you really serious?
View attachment 151295

It's quite simple. When you are at work you do your job. If you want to protest, do it on your own time.

If exercising your rights under the Constitution cannot be tolerated, what good are those rights.

If exercising your rights under the Constitution cannot be tolerated, what good are those rights.

Nice try.
As the old saying goes...you have the right to do it, but that does not make it right to do so.

Every NFL player, as a citizen of this country, has the right to protest all manner of things they don't like.
And despite you, and many like you, trying to frame the argument into whether they have a right or not...that isn't what people are angry about. And no one, besides you guys, are trying to remove any rights.
They have aright to protest, and we have a right to not like it and CHOOSE not to watch them do it.
It is that simple.
You want to force people to watch it? - See how that works?

These players are among the most privileged people in America. They have been given more than they could possibly deserve, by simply playing a game. That is their only job. The American public is who gives them the $millions they make. They are stupid enough to make fake gestures and faux outrage by pulling stunts that the majority of people take issue with how they do it???
Then they must face the wrath of the very hand that feeds them.

If these spoiled children are so interested in unfair treatment of minorities, as they see it, then they can use some of those $millions to start non profit organizations to do something about it. These people can get cameras and microphones in front of them any day of the week. But no, instead, they choose to "protest" by refusing to respect the flag. Which will only create MORE DIVISION!!!!!!!!
And it has.

maybe, wasn't my call. but something finally got them in. What about Vietnam and all of those vets. no one ever said it was fair. recognition late is still recognition.

I supposed it depends on many things, you can't yell bomb on a plane and you can't yell fire in a theater unless there is either. It isn't as simple as you choose to make it.

recognition is still recognition. you libs like to try and rewrite it all the time. I see how you get confused.

Seems you have no idea as to why they choose to not stand. Denial does not win on a disagreement.
It is about "social injustice", its not about the NFL.

Bringing attention to an injustice is not pissing on something.
Obviously you idea of what is happening it twisted in a foul manner.
They have the right to protest and the right to speak their mind in any legal manner they choose.
That is what the "patriots" of this country fought for, their right.

How long did it take this country to come to grips with the bravery and heroism to bestow this honor on them.
While the "others" received theirs' on return.
Try telling the entire truth.

I don't know, but the US set the stage on how to treat someone equally and today that still isn't good enough for some. it's really ashame, the greatest nation in the world and someone wishes to piss on it. people crawl through deserts to get here illegally because it is the greatest place in the world and yet people making millions wish to piss on the flag that draws them here.
yep, just like everyone that doesn't like it, doesn't have to like it right? they fought for my right as well. right? injustice like what, name something please? like the player didn't get a four year deal, didn't get the right helmet? the cleats are too short?
do you? they never said.

why can't they wear headbands or different colors than team colors? why can't they just do what the fk they want to do?

Nice try.
As the old saying goes...you have the right to do it, but that does not make it right to do so.

Every NFL player, as a citizen of this country, has the right to protest all manner of things they don't like.
And despite you, and many like you, trying to frame the argument into whether they have a right or not...that isn't what people are angry about. And no one, besides you guys, are trying to remove any rights.
They have aright to protest, and we have a right to not like it and CHOOSE not to watch them do it.
It is that simple.
You want to force people to watch it? - See how that works?

These players are among the most privileged people in America. They have been given more than they could possibly deserve, by simply playing a game. That is their only job. The American public is who gives them the $millions they make. They are stupid enough to make fake gestures and faux outrage by pulling stunts that the majority of people take issue with how they do it???
Then they must face the wrath of the very hand that feeds them.

If these spoiled children are so interested in unfair treatment of minorities, as they see it, then they can use some of those $millions to start non profit organizations to do something about it. These people can get cameras and microphones in front of them any day of the week. But no, instead, they choose to "protest" by refusing to respect the flag. Which will only create MORE DIVISION!!!!!!!!
And it has.

Nice try.

Whenever a discussion of the wealthy paying taxes comes up conservatives are "it's none of your business how much they pay in taxes". Citizen's United? Well corporations are wealthy people. But when it's something you don't like then wealth suddenly is fair game.

They are exercising their rights, don't like it turn the channel and watch wrestling on Fox. Just admit it, you want these people to shut up because it makes you uncomfortable because they are right about much of what they are saying. You just don't want to hear it. Turn the channel. I'd say turn the tv off and read a book but with conservatives I already know this is a non-starter.

Who is being forced to watch tv at all, let alone a particular show? Nobody. You choose to watch so you can get angry and have something to push against. It feels so good to have some righteous indignation about something eh. Whatever. Cons shouldn't even have anything to talk about here, you should have turned the channel the moment you saw someone kneeling. But you didn't.

You exercised your freedom of choice. Tada.

Forum List

Back