Next Week's School Shooting Victims Thank Senate For Failing To Pass Gun Bill

WASHINGTON—Following the Senate’s rejection of a bipartisan amendment to expand background checks for gun buyers, the young victims of next week’s school shooting emphatically thanked members of Congress today for failing to pass more comprehensive gun control legislation. “Great job, guys,” said 14-year-old Jacob Miller, one of nine junior high school students who will be shot next week by a mentally ill gunman wielding a legally acquired assault rifle that was purchased at a gun show. “My classmates and I are really proud of you for cowering to the NRA and caring more about politics than my friends and I getting shot and killed. It totally makes sense. You’re the best.”

Next Week's School Shooting Victims Thank Senate For Failing To Pass Gun Bill | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Gee - if I were their parents I'd keep them home from school next week. See - that would take care of everything, no need for intruding on the rights of the law abiding. Parents just need to check the school schedule and when massacres are scheduled, keep the kids home. More parental involvement is the answer -- not gun control

Ah yes, your right to buy a military grade assault weapon is so much more important than the right of a child to life itself.

Oh, so you support anti-abortion legislation as well I presume...

Look, as entertaining as this Onion piece may or may not be, the fact remains that, even if the bill had passed it would have done absolutely nothing to prevent recurrance of a Sandy Hook for at least 15 years, much less next week.

90% Support and the Republicans went against their constituents...Who says Repubs vote in lock step? Who says repubs don't represent the people? They represent the people....10% of the people

Re-spewing the myth that 90% want these gun control measures??

Tsk tsk tsk

Over 90 percent of Americans support gun background checks: poll | Reuters

C'mon Dave, here's your chance to make up a cool story about how this link isn't real. Make it good, buddy.

Yessiree..

WASHINGTON—Following the Senate’s rejection of a bipartisan amendment to expand background checks for gun buyers, the young victims of next week’s school shooting emphatically thanked members of Congress today for failing to pass more comprehensive gun control legislation. “Great job, guys,” said 14-year-old Jacob Miller, one of nine junior high school students who will be shot next week by a mentally ill gunman wielding a legally acquired assault rifle that was purchased at a gun show. “My classmates and I are really proud of you for cowering to the NRA and caring more about politics than my friends and I getting shot and killed. It totally makes sense. You’re the best.” The soon-to-be massacred teenager added that his parents, Caroline and Pete Miller, also wanted to extend their heartfelt congratulations to the Senate.
Next Week's School Shooting Victims Thank Senate For Failing To Pass Gun Bill | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

Next week?

Bills are passed, enacted and enforced that quickly?

How would this Bill have prevented the Sandy Hook shooter from stealing his mom's guns to perform such a heinous act?

I'll wait.

:eusa_whistle:

90% Support and the Republicans went against their constituents...Who says Repubs vote in lock step? Who says repubs don't represent the people? They represent the people....10% of the people

Tsk tsk tsk

C'mon Dave, here's your chance to make up a cool story about how this link isn't real. Make it good, buddy.
The poll was only in 3 states, of course.
Pennsylvania (PA) Poll - January 31, 2013 - Quinnipiac University Poll Fin | Quinnipiac University Connecticut
Even so the wording was so poor it could mean anything. Let me write the question and I'll get you the result you want.

Tsk tsk tsk

Pennsylvania (PA) Poll - January 31, 2013 - Quinnipiac University Poll Fin | Quinnipiac University Connecticut
Even so the wording was so poor it could mean anything. Let me write the question and I'll get you the result you want.

Landed on the "out of context" space on the wheel of excuses...always a classic IMO

Did you forget about the Democrats that went against it as well? Of course you didn't, you just don't want to talk about them.

Landed on the "out of context" space on the wheel of excuses...always a classic IMO

Don't read any better than you post, I see.

Tsk tsk tsk

Background checks are already in place. This is not damn funny, why are you making work for mods, idiot.

WASHINGTON—Following the Senate’s rejection of a bipartisan amendment to expand background checks for gun buyers, the young victims of next week’s school shooting emphatically thanked members of Congress today for failing to pass more comprehensive gun control legislation. “Great job, guys,” said 14-year-old Jacob Miller, one of nine junior high school students who will be shot next week by a mentally ill gunman wielding a legally acquired assault rifle that was purchased at a gun show. “My classmates and I are really proud of you for cowering to the NRA and caring more about politics than my friends and I getting shot and killed. It totally makes sense. You’re the best.”

Gee - if I were their parents I'd keep them home from school next week. See - that would take care of everything, no need for intruding on the rights of the law abiding. Parents just need to check the school schedule and when massacres are scheduled, keep the kids home. More parental involvement is the answer -- not gun control
I agree with you. No show student, no collection of tax money for their "presence" in school, and no brainwashing of 10-year olds to be bots for the NEA. (Nuisance Education Advocates)

Ah yes, your right to buy a military grade assault weapon is so much more important than the right of a child to life itself.

now if we only had the right ot buy a military grade assault weapon we would truly be honoring our 2nd amendment rights.

I disagreed with the senate, expanding background checks to internet sales and gun shows should have been a no brainer. But don't fool yourself into believing any gun control measures could prevent another school shooting. To prevent the next school shooting, there should be armed guards and armed teachers!

now maybe if the bill had only included extending background checks to private sales instead of assault weapons bans and magazine capacity bans and other ridiculous crap, it might have stto a chance. also if background checks really work and thsi isn't just another attempt by gun grabbers to move the line in the sand, how about with the expansion of background checks to include all gun sales, lessen the restrictions on what approved gun owners can purchase. i mean background checks mean they are safe right? at least that's what they are trying to sell us on. we need to further violate your 2nd amendment rights to ensure those who enjoy that right are safe to do so. so propose a bill that lets them do so.

obviously 90% don't support it. at least the calls and letters to senators told them a very different story.

Forum List

Back