Next Nov. KEEP an eye on the gubernatorial races....

nat4900

Diamond Member
Mar 3, 2015
The challenge for voters next November is NOT only the congressional races (along with the obstruction of justice tsunami for the orange buffoon)......BUT ALSO there is the looming tide of governorship seats throughout the nation.....In total, 36 seats are up for re-election

Currently, the GOP holds 33 seats and only 5 or 6 are considered "safe" seats in deep red states.

What is KEY in these races is that governors hold the power of redistricting in their respective states, and in 2020 we have a census coming up......States like TX, FL, AZ, CO and others, have witnessed a strong surge of minority voters since 2010 and the "redness" of these states may shift to purple or downright blue.....

As the aging, white, male, conservative evangelical population dies out, this country MUST embrace the diversity of who Americans really are.....and since the GOP is just circling the wagons among its 1/3 contingent and not widening its so-called tent, the GOP may well be moribund UNLESS it changes its xenophobic and misogynistic policies.

The challenge for voters next November is NOT only the congressional races (along with the obstruction of justice tsunami for the orange buffoon)......BUT ALSO there is the looming tide of governorship seats throughout the nation.....In total, 36 seats are up for re-election

Currently, the GOP holds 33 seats and only 5 or 6 are considered "safe" seats in deep red states.

What is KEY in these races is that governors hold the power of redistricting in their respective states, and in 2020 we have a census coming up......States like TX, FL, AZ, CO and others, have witnessed a strong surge of minority voters since 2010 and the "redness" of these states may shift to purple or downright blue.....

As the aging, white, male, conservative evangelical population dies out, this country MUST embrace the diversity of who Americans really are.....and since the GOP is just circling the wagons among its 1/3 contingent and not widening its so-called tent, the GOP may well be moribund UNLESS it changes its xenophobic and misogynistic policies.

You have no chance in Texas.

• Banned

Not yet....I agree.....BUT

Could Texas become the next swing state? | KVUE.com
www.kvue.com/news/local/texas-news/could-texas-become-the-next.../415581582
Feb 27, 2017 - After Democrats gained their largest percentage of voters in Texas in 20 years, strategists discuss the possibility of Texas becoming a swing state in the future. ... Could Texas turn purple? ... "I think quite frankly whether it's 2020 or 2022, Texas will enter purple status.

• Banned

......and when you WILL eventually lose Texas to Latinos and Hispanics and blacks, the GOP chances of ever seeing the inside of the oval office (without the 43 EC votes,) will be just a far away dream.......UNLESS you racists stop your xenophobia.

Not yet....I agree.....BUT

Could Texas become the next swing state? | KVUE.com
www.kvue.com/news/local/texas-news/could-texas-become-the-next.../415581582
Feb 27, 2017 - After Democrats gained their largest percentage of voters in Texas in 20 years, strategists discuss the possibility of Texas becoming a swing state in the future. ... Could Texas turn purple? ... "I think quite frankly whether it's 2020 or 2022, Texas will enter purple status.

Major for Democrats from the East Coast and West Coast is you do not understand Texas.

Sure Dallas, Austin, Houston and San Antonio are blue but it does not translate into wins for the party at the State level.

You have to run more Conservative types if you want to win Texas.

......and when you WILL eventually lose Texas to Latinos and Hispanics and blacks, the GOP chances of ever seeing the inside of the oval office (without the 43 EC votes,) will be just a far away dream.......UNLESS you racists stop your xenophobia.

So now I am a fucking racist?

Here is your problem and that is you know nothing about Texas.

Ted Cruz is not white even if his mother was white, and he is the Senator from Texas.

Bush Grandson is being groom to be the next Governor of Texas and he is half Mexican.

Also you have no clue about the Tejano voter, so please stop with your accusations against me or don't and look like the damn ignorant fool you are!

• Banned
Major for Democrats from the East Coast and West Coast is you do not understand Texas.

Sure Dallas, Austin, Houston and San Antonio are blue but it does not translate into wins for the party at the State level.

Look, I don't want to just concentrate on TX on this thread....BUT, here are some stats that should scare the crap of white, conservative Texans....

The state's population is about 28 million.....

Last year, the population growth among whites was about 400 thousands....While the growth of Hispanics in that same year was THREE times that (1.5 million)

So, enjoy your majority today....the future will be different.

Redistricting isn't done by a Governor, it's the Legislature (37 States), independent commission (4 States), political commission (2 states), and 7 States only have one congressional district.

The biggest impact will be/may be gains in the State Legislatures as anti-Trump has more of an impact.

State-by-state redistricting procedures - Ballotpedia

>>>>

Look, I don't want to just concentrate on TX on this thread....BUT, here are some stats that should scare the crap of white, conservative Texans....

The state's population is about 28 million.....

Last year, the population growth among whites was about 400 thousands....While the growth of Hispanics in that same year was THREE times that (1.5 million)

So, enjoy your majority today....the future will be different.

You just prove my fucking point you clueless wonder!

Texas is Minority-Majority which mean there are less whites than Minorities in the damn state and has been for awhile now!

So as you believe Tejanos are like Cali-Mexicans, well you have no clue!

So enjoy reality!

Redistricting isn't done by a Governor, it's the Legislature (37 States), independent commission (4 States), political commission (2 states), and 7 States only have one congressional district.

The biggest impact will be/may be gains in the State Legislatures as anti-Trump has more of an impact.

I never argued otherwise......BUT,
Do you think that governors have an impact on redistricting plans ...Yes or No?

Do you think that most state voters vote for a governor of one party and legislators of the opposite party.......Yes or No?

Do you think that a new census will have an impact on redistricting..Yes or No?

Do you think that courts play any role if redistricting is totally partisan.............Yes or No?

I never argued otherwise......BUT,
Do you think that governors have an impact on redistricting plans ...Yes or No?

You don't get to limit my responses, feel free to ask question but I'll answer them as I please.

Answer: Not very much.

Do you think that most state voters vote for a governor of one party and legislators of the opposite party.......Yes or No?

You don't get to limit my responses, feel free to ask question but I'll answer them as I please.

Answer: It happens, it doesn't happen. In my State the last legislature/governor were split. Likely to continue for the next term.

Do you think that a new census will have an impact on redistricting..Yes or No?

Answer: Well Duh. Representatives (and therefore the number of districts) are allotted by census.

Do you think that courts play any role if redistricting is totally partisan.............Yes or No?

Answer: Yes, then such redistricting is shown to be in violation of the law. The problem is that burden of proof to show such partisanship.

Personally I'd like to see redistricting taken out of control of the Legislature and empowered into an independent commission to adjust districts.

I work for a school system, our transportation department has software where you feed in student demographics (age, grade, school, special needs), it combines it with topographical data (roads, bridges, rivers, etc.) and it spit out efficient bus routes. The same software is used on an annual basis to review school loading to optimize student populations for each school so that the School Board can make redistricting tweaks if needed.

You can't tell me the software either (a) doesn't already exist, or (b) software couldn't be adapted to defining voting districts based on efficiency and easy of voting and do a better job than leaving it up to the politicians in a Legislature who's primary purpose is maintaining party control of the Legislature in future elections.

>>>>

Forum List

Back