Next for GOP leaders: Stopping Palin

blu

Sep 21, 2009
Next for GOP leaders: Stopping Palin - Yahoo! News

Many of these establishment figures argue in not-for-attribution comments that Palin’s nomination would ensure President Barack Obama’s reelection, as the deficiencies that marked her 2008 debut as a vice presidential nominee — an intensely polarizing political style and often halting and superficial answers when pressed on policy — have shown little sign of abating in the past two years.

"There is a determined, focused establishment effort … to find a candidate we can coalesce around who can beat Sarah Palin," said one prominent and longtime Washington Republican. "We believe she could get the nomination, but Barack Obama would crush her."

pretty much my view as well

If Palin gets nominated to run againt Obama in '12, Obama will win in a landslide. Palin's a fucking moron that can't hold a 5 minute conversation without complaining about the "LAMESTREAM MEDIA." I swear, she's the whiniest politician ever! Democrats all over hope she runs in 2012. In fact, I bet Democrats would even vote in the Republican primaries, like Rush encouraged people to do in the Democratic ones. Palin 2012!

GOP is still pretending they're running the show when all signs point to the Tea Party being in charge.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
First, Obama may not even be the nominee.

Second the GOP had POTUS and Congress and they ran it as Progressives and got their asses handed to them, then they gave us Juan McCain in 08. So, no thanks. We appreciate the input from Jake Starkey's friends in the GOP but we're driving the bus now.

"[T]hese are the brave people who want to lead the nation and run the world. And but they're not brave enough to put their name in an article," she told Greta Van Susteren"

Says it all

GOP is still pretending they're running the show when all signs point to the Tea Party being in charge.

much of the article was about this... even had a quote from rush about it
The article was put out by leftest leaning Politico and last night it was revealed that the journalists would not name their sources and they were ripped apart by Greta Van Sustren who slammed them for their sloppy hit piece. The article is bogus.

Next for GOP leaders: Stopping Palin - Yahoo! News

Many of these establishment figures argue in not-for-attribution comments that Palin’s nomination would ensure President Barack Obama’s reelection, as the deficiencies that marked her 2008 debut as a vice presidential nominee — an intensely polarizing political style and often halting and superficial answers when pressed on policy — have shown little sign of abating in the past two years.

"There is a determined, focused establishment effort … to find a candidate we can coalesce around who can beat Sarah Palin," said one prominent and longtime Washington Republican. "We believe she could get the nomination, but Barack Obama would crush her."

pretty much my view as well
Unnamed insider sources.

Who is saying these things and why are they hiding behind anonymity, if what they're saying is credible?

the article said the people feared backlash if they were named or backlash against the candidate they were working for. sounded reasonable to me. articles are written with anonymous sources.

if the quote from rush was fabricated, that is a big deal though

If Palin gets nominated to run againt Obama in '12, Obama will win in a landslide. Palin's a fucking moron that can't hold a 5 minute conversation without complaining about the "LAMESTREAM MEDIA." I swear, she's the whiniest politician ever! Democrats all over hope she runs in 2012. In fact, I bet Democrats would even vote in the Republican primaries, like Rush encouraged people to do in the Democratic ones. Palin 2012!

I know I will. Has she announced her candidacy yet?

Forum List

Back