Newt vs Paul Paul gets pwned

what part of how it affects my life isn't the point don't you get?

besides all of it?

You listed banking as an issue and I debunked it. The banks and IRS have always tracked funds despite the PA. As far as your assertion that just because it doesn't affect you its bad for "someone" well, ..... That's just assenine.

Freedom isn't free. If we can allow our youth to fight our wars and die for us then by god we can stand in line for an extra ten minutes if for no other reason than to show them we respect their sacrifice.

save the pseudo-patriotic bullshit for someone else.

i served 25 years, and i didn't serve so that some asshat in DC can decide on his own to wiretap someone, or arrest someone just because his fucking spider sense was tingling.

It's not patriotic bullshit. It's how I feel. And thanks for your service.

Now as far as the rest of your post goes how bout we wait and see if that actually ever happens. Then if it does we address it. In the meantime we can bust or kill a few baddies.

You listed banking as an issue and I debunked it. The banks and IRS have always tracked funds despite the PA. As far as your assertion that just because it doesn't affect you its bad for "someone" well, ..... That's just assenine.

Freedom isn't free. If we can allow our youth to fight our wars and die for us then by god we can stand in line for an extra ten minutes if for no other reason than to show them we respect their sacrifice.

i served 25 years, and i didn't serve so that some asshat in DC can decide on his own to wiretap someone, or arrest someone just because his fucking spider sense was tingling.

Now as far as the rest of your post goes how bout we wait and see if that actually ever happens. Then if it does we address it. In the meantime we can bust or kill a few baddies.

you're welcome, it was my honor.

how do you know it hasn't happened already?

do you think they'll hold a press conference to announce it?

good luck

None of you neocons care that the highest ranking law enforcement officer in the US is Eric fucking Holder with full discretion to use the Patriot Act however he may please?

Yes, very much so. However I don't think changing the laws everytime we change administrations is the solution.

Did you think the Bush Administration would last forever? That no administration after his could ever conceivably abuse its authority?

Back to present day; something tells me that but for the Patriot Act, we'd be changing administrations in one year rather than five or potentially much longer.

you're welcome, it was my honor.

how do you know it hasn't happened already?

do you think they'll hold a press conference to announce it?

good luck

With all the leaking our govt does I have no doubt such offences would surface.

None of you neocons care that the highest ranking law enforcement officer in the US is Eric fucking Holder with full discretion to use the Patriot Act however he may please?

Yes, very much so. However I don't think changing the laws everytime we change administrations is the solution.

Did you think the Bush Administration would last forever? That no administration after his could ever conceivably abuse its authority?

Back to present day; something tells me that but for the Patriot Act, we'd be changing administrations in one year rather than five or potentially much longer.

Administrations throughout history have abused both powers given and those not given.

Myself, I just prefer not to live in constant fear of my govt.

As much as these loons fight one administration would love to snitch on the next for abuse of power. Resulting in a revisioning of said powers. Hence no more Waterboarding.

Administrations throughout history have abused both powers given and those not given.

Myself, I just prefer not to live in constant fear of my govt.

As much as these loons fight one administration would love to snitch on the next for abuse of power. Resulting in a revisioning of said powers. Hence no more Waterboarding.

You trust absolute power in the hands of government officials more than I (and the Patriot Act is absolute power) so we'll have to agree to disagree.

The Founding Fathers believed all men are inherently self-interested. I agree.

Yeah, it's also made banking real hard for terrorists, which has been the key to keeping us safe.

The way you phrase the question is clever, but with respect to the legislation, if you are not a terrorist, then you have nothing to worry about.

who decides who is a terrorist?

maybe you are willing to put your fate in the hands of those asshats that run DHS, but you can include me out.

I put my trust in the Pentagon.

Think about how many radical terrorists want us dead, and then think of how easy it would be to come up with a simple sinister plot. We've been able to prevent that. That has to inspire some confidence.

You trust the people that lost 2.3 trillion dollars? That's 2,300,000,000,000.....

2.3 TRillion Dollars Missing from DOD Day before 911 2001 Rumsfeld LIES - YouTube

Simply cannot think of one of my rights that I have ever lost.

RP is wrong on this. I agree with Newt, I want to stop them before the attack, not catch up with them afterward.
So we should turn the US into a Police State, that'll guarantee nothing will happen right?

You're not in the Military anymore, you don't have to click your heels and obey orders anymore.

Begin to think for yourself Ollie. I promise you won't get written up for it.

RP is wrong on this. I agree with Newt, I want to stop them before the attack, not catch up with them afterward.
So we should turn the US into a Police State, that'll guarantee nothing will happen right?

You're not in the Military anymore, you don't have to click your heels and obey orders anymore.

Don't get stupid on me. No one has ever done my thinking for me, I always have and always will think for myself thank you.

What is wrong with catching people who would love to do us harm before they actually do it? And show me where our rights have been violated, that we are turning into a police state. Sorry, but I still live my life the same way I always have, nothing has changed for me, there are no inconveniences I have to put up with that I didn't always have.

And I do believe that I have nothing to fear from the government or the police for I have nothing to hide. And I don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks about that either.......

Don't get stupid on me. No one has ever done my thinking for me, I always have and always will think for myself thank you.

What is wrong with catching people who would love to do us harm before they actually do it? And show me where our rights have been violated, that we are turning into a police state. Sorry, but I still live my life the same way I always have, nothing has changed for me, there are no inconveniences I have to put up with that I didn't always have.

And I do believe that I have nothing to fear from the government or the police for I have nothing to hide. And I don't give a rats ass what anyone thinks about that either.......

If this new bill that was passed by the senate is not vetoed by obama you just lost your right to due process and a speedy trial

If this new bill that was passed by the senate is not vetoed by obama you just lost your right to due process and a speedy trial

Only if there is sufficient evidence that designates you as an enemy combatant aka unpriviliged enemy belligerent.

I suggest you read the bill.

"IF" is a mighty big word. Besides that I have only read the Huff Post version of this bill so far..... I only know a few people who would bet their life on that......

"IF" is a mighty big word. Besides that I have only read the Huff Post version of this bill so far..... I only know a few people who would bet their life on that......

The problem is that there should never have been an if in the first place. The bill should have never made it out of the senate. You're defending your rights being taken away. Why are you doing that?

We go through a national tragedy that results in 3,000 dead americans.

Our response results in 10,000 dead americans and hundreds of thousands of dead foreigners and trillions of dollars spent that will never be paid for.

If you agree with Newt and think the first thing I listed is worse than the 2nd, by all means continue praising him and the rest of the neocons who share his exact position (one Obama shares also).

If you think the 2nd thing is worse, then ask for a revolutionary change in foreign policy, which only Paul advocates.

So there's Paul's foriegn policy, or Newt/Obama's which brought us 9/11, wars in a half dozen countries and trillions of deficits.

The problem is that there should never have been an if in the first place. The bill should have never made it out of the senate. You're defending your rights being taken away. Why are you doing that?
I haven't defended anything. What I said is that I don't believe what I hear from Huffington Post. Slow down and read... I'll get a chance to read this bill soon and then I can talk about it.

I haven't defended anything. What I said is that I don't believe what I hear from Huffington Post. Slow down and read... I'll get a chance to read this bill soon and then I can talk about it.

Read the bill

This was said of the bill before the vote

Last edited by a moderator:
We've been torturing suspects who haven't been found guilty of anything for decades, and gov't has convinced us that this is a good thing and hid the worst of it by torturing our suspects on our allies soil (Saudi Arabia, Egypt, etc). Common sense, if you're one of those who has it, would tell you that the same thing would happen to american suspects soon enough.

OK, what has been voted down is an amendment which would have stripped wording from the defense bill which is pretty suspect. Doesn't mean it's been passed yet. I do not understand why it is even being considered but I also cannot read through all the hatred and anti-government BS to actually find the wording in the bill itself.

What I will say is that Sen Graham is an Idiot.

From what I could find I would agree with some of the provisions of this bill, but from what little actual wording I can find I can't say what needs to be changed.

No doubt it must be made clear that no American Citizen should ever be held without Habeas Corpus....

I can only trust that we won't have to use our 2nd amendment rights to fix this.......

OK, what has been voted down is an amendment which would have stripped wording from the defense bill which is pretty suspect. Doesn't mean it's been passed yet. I do not understand why it is even being considered but I also cannot read through all the hatred and anti-government BS to actually find the wording in the bill itself.

What I will say is that Sen Graham is an Idiot.

From what I could find I would agree with some of the provisions of this bill, but from what little actual wording I can find I can't say what needs to be changed.

No doubt it must be made clear that no American Citizen should ever be held without Habeas Corpus....

I can only trust that we won't have to use our 2nd amendment rights to fix this.......

The government has already killed an American citizen without due process. Now do not doubt the government will lock anyone up because it can now deem anyone a terrorist and you're gone.

Forum List

Back