Newsweek Cover

Can you imagine being that same soldier under Papa Obama
knowing that more of your comrades are falling into harm in Afghanistan
due to his inexperience and lack of leadership.

Just think back in August of 2010, iust 19 months, the Afghan war under Papa Obama claimed more U.S. lives than the previous administration’s entire 88-months

Nor does that include the number of GIs who are maimed, paralyzed, endure brain trauma and lose limbs. ABC news, in 2010, U.S. troops are being maimed at 12 times the rate they were in 2008.

It is a shame that President Obama had to put soldiers back into harms way because Bush fucked up Afghanistan...almost criminal incompetence

He fucked up so bad
less soldiers died there under him

:cuckoo:

Truth is hard for the Left
In fact, it is their worst enemy

Yes they did.

And 4500 soldiers died in Iraq that didn't have to. Bush had seven years to develop a secure Afghanistan, instead, he turned the country back over to the Taliban

Inept handling of the situation

Can you imagine being a soldier fighting in Aghanistan in 2002/2003 and driving out the Taliban only to have Bush halt the war on terror to attack Iraq? While we were fending off a civil war of our creation in Iraq, the Taliban recaptured lost territory in Afghanistan

One of the largest strategic blunders in history

Just think back in August of 2010, iust 19 months, the Afghan war under Papa Obama claimed more U.S. lives than the previous administration’s entire 88-months

Nor does that include the number of GIs who are maimed, paralyzed, endure brain trauma and lose limbs. ABC news, in 2010, U.S. troops are being maimed at 12 times the rate they were in 2008.

It is a shame that President Obama had to put soldiers back into harms way because Bush fucked up Afghanistan...almost criminal incompetence

I'm curious to know what it was that Bush "fucked up" in Afghanistan. Going into Iraq shifted the emphasis of the Islamic terror crowd from a theatre of operation that was never going to be easy to pacify, to another theatre where it was much easier to fight. The fact is...we kicked the tar out of the jihadists in Iraq at a much lower cost to our soldiers because the terrain in Iraq is more conducive to battle with a heavily armed force such as ours. The jihadists had to GO to Iraq to fight us and when they used terror tactics and locals were killed it turned the locals against them. Meantime, back in Afghanistan the level of conflict fell off considerably. We're now fighting this conflict almost wholly in Afghanistan and like everyone else in history, finding that the terrain there makes it almost impossible to win against a guerrilla force. From a strategic standpoint we would have been better to withdraw out of Afghanistan and keep forces in Iraq...choosing to fight on a battlefield we can win on.

I'm curious to know what it was that Bush "fucked up" in Afghanistan. Going into Iraq shifted the emphasis of the Islamic terror crowd from a theatre of operation that was never going to be easy to pacify, to another theatre where it was much easier to fight. The fact is...we kicked the tar out of the jihadists in Iraq at a much lower cost to our soldiers because the terrain in Iraq is more conducive to battle with a heavily armed force such as ours. The jihadists had to GO to Iraq to fight us and when they used terror tactics and locals were killed it turned the locals against them. Meantime, back in Afghanistan the level of conflict fell off considerably. We're now fighting this conflict almost wholly in Afghanistan and like everyone else in history, finding that the terrain there makes it almost impossible to win against a guerrilla force. From a strategic standpoint we would have been better to withdraw out of Afghanistan and keep forces in Iraq...choosing to fight on a battlefield we can win on.

Bush fucked up this way

He diverted the war on terror to a country that was not involved in terror. In 2002 we drove the Taliban into hiding and out of Afganistan. Once Bush pulled back, the Taliban recaptured lost territory and Obama had to go in and do it all over.

Jihadists were in Iraq because WE were in Iraq. They were trying to drive out invading forces. 5500 Americans lost their lives because of that decision

Bush fucked up this way

He diverted the war on terror to a country that was not involved in terror. In 2002 we drove the Taliban into hiding and out of Afganistan. Once Bush pulled back, the Taliban recaptured lost territory and Obama had to go in and do it all over.

Jihadists were in Iraq because WE were in Iraq. They were trying to drive out invading forces. 5500 Americans lost their lives because of that decision

Do you really think we drove the Taliban "out" of Afghanistan in 2002? We drove out Al Queda and Osama but the Taliban was made up of Afghanis and most of them went nowhere.

My point about fighting Islamic terrorists in Iraq vs. Afghanistan is that foreign terrorists went to Iraq INSTEAD of Afghanistan following our invasion, a place where we fought them quite successfully. How many of those same Jihadists would have simply gone to fight us in Afghanistan...a battle theatre in which we (like every previous invading army) were at a decided disadvantage due to the terrain.

Bush fucked up this way

No matter how many times you give the facts to the Righties, they just don't get it :eusa_doh: Too much Fox/am radio kool aid no doubt :booze: The Bu$h II admin took their eyes off of the ball asswipes!!! :bang3:

Last edited:

Bush fucked up this way

My son has been deployed to Iraq 3 times. From others that went before him, he was told one of the first things they came across in Iraq were abandoned terrorist training camps. So i think you have your information screwed up....I tend to believe the military that were THERE instead of a dimwit that just thinks he knows what he's talking about because he believes lies.

Bush fucked up this way

No matter how many times you give the facts to the Righties, they just don't get it :eusa_doh: Too much Fox/am radio kool aid no doubt :booze: The Bu$h II admin took their eyes off of the ball asswipes!!! :bang3:

now you're sounding like a brainless parrot.. wash rinse repeat.

Tragedy indeed

More of our poor soldiers dying under Papa Obama in Afghanistan than under Bush
speaks very poorly of Papa Obama- What is it up to now? Last June it was over 2/3 of the deaths of soldiers in Afghanistan happened under Papa Obama

Just like the economy, his inexperience is showing
Poor guy, he is in way over his head with this job

If ya'll wanna get in a pissing contest, I'd appreciate it if you leave my brothers-in-arms out of it.
Their flags are folded the same regardless of who is their CinC.

uncool

True enough

But the question is not of them
but the hypocrisy of the left when it comes to this issue

Uncool

is when people only care about them based on who is in power

yups....

I just didn't like seeing the number of dead being used as a political point to try to gain over one another, s'all.

Just didn't ring right. Know what I mean?
:cool:

carry on
:salute:

He fucked up so bad

Yes they did.

And 4500 soldiers died in Iraq that didn't have to. Bush had seven years to develop a secure Afghanistan, instead, he turned the country back over to the Taliban

So the majority of Afghanistan deaths mean less because they happened under
Papa Obama ?

Bad spin on your part and a pretty pathetic use of
the death of our poor soldiers

:eusa_hand:

He fucked up so bad

Yes they did.

Papa Obama ?

Can you believe that Bush had seven years to stabilize Afghanistan and he didn't do shit?

SEVEN FRICKEN YEARS???

Bush fucked up this way

My son has been deployed to Iraq 3 times. From others that went before him, he was told one of the first things they came across in Iraq were abandoned terrorist training camps. So i think you have your information screwed up....I tend to believe the military that were THERE instead of a dimwit that just thinks he knows what he's talking about because he believes lies.

Put him on

I want to talk to him

Still nasty after all these years. Grow up CG and stop being a jerk.

Why should I? That bitch has called me a racist (I am not), a Republican (I am not), a right wing hack (I am not). My post is based on evidence - provided by her. She is a liar, she repeats lies and smears and calls them 'facts', and I rarely find any content in her posts. Therefore, everything I claimed is based on hard evidence.

Don't like it? That's fine. Hell will freeze over before I value your opinion.

My opinion is based on evidence, your current target is only one more example of your nastiness and arrogant self righteous affectations.

Captain Irony ^ missed the irony in his ironic post!

Yes they did.

Papa Obama ?

Can you believe that Bush had seven years to stabilize Afghanistan and he didn't do shit?

SEVEN FRICKEN YEARS???

and with less deaths than Papa Obama

Oh that's right, those deaths don't mean as much

Bush fucked up this way

Put him on

I want to talk to him

Why so you can tell him that his comrades deaths mean less under
Papa Obama

:eusa_shhh:

Yes they did.

Papa Obama ?

SEVEN FRICKEN YEARS???

You're obviously not a student of history, Winger. No outside invader has ever "stabilized" Afghanistan. Our military has done heroic work there but we were foolish to try quite frankly. We would have been better off going in, wiping out as much of the Taliban and Al Queda as we could have and then leaving the country as soon as possible with the admonition that we would return and do the same thing if the Afghanis let that kind of scum take over again.

Bush fucked up this way

Put him on

I want to talk to him
The last thing he needs is some braindead leftist calling him a babykiller.

Put him on

I want to talk to him
The last thing he needs is some braindead leftist calling him a babykiller.

It would depend on which President they fought under
:eusa_whistle:

Many who have Obessive-compulsive Obama disorder are in fact quite stupid.

We read their clueless Obama-obsessive posts here daily.

SOME of the complaints about Obama or the policies he advocates are spot on.

Can you imagine being a soldier fighting in Aghanistan in 2002/2003 and driving out the Taliban only to have Bush halt the war on terror to attack Iraq? While we were fending off a civil war of our creation in Iraq, the Taliban recaptured lost territory in Afghanistan

One of the largest strategic blunders in history

I don't know about one of the largest blunders in history, but a very significant one.

When you have to expend an additional one thousand lives to resecure a country that should have been secured five years ago......it is a major blunder

Yes but invading Iraq was the biggest military blunder in recent years.
And so was nation building in Afganistan.

Forum List

Back