Newspaper Will Sue over "fake news" Slur

I think the newspaper is blowing smoke. All a good attorney has to do is find one erroneous story in the newspaper that was printed recently.

That would be fake news.

Game over.

Mark

Nothing more than a face saving THREAT to sue. Just propaganda.

is that what the orange sociopath is doing when he says he's going to sue the real media because they call him on his insane lies?
Emotional rhetoric like yours is just adding to the noise, dear. Try a cold shower and a good night's rest.

Oh that's not "emotional rhetoric" at all --- it's a reference to exactly what Rump says in his own words. That's why I put the video of him saying them back in post 2.

is that what the orange sociopath is doing when he says he's going to sue the real media because they call him on his insane lies?
Emotional rhetoric like yours is just adding to the noise, dear. Try a cold shower and a good night's rest.

Oh that's not "emotional rhetoric" at all --- it's a reference to exactly what Rump says in his own words. That's why I put the video of him saying them back in post 2.
Dude, if you don't think that's emotional rhetoric, you are as far off into the fringe as both jillian and all those equally nutty on the right.

Dude, if you don't think that's emotional rhetoric, you are as far off into the fringe as both jillian and all those equally nutty on the right.

I just ---- like seconds ago ---- told you exactly what it is. It's referring to Rump's own words, from his own orange mouth. That's exactly why I posted it. Yesterday. Because it's both relevant and ironic here.

I think the newspaper is blowing smoke. All a good attorney has to do is find one erroneous story in the newspaper that was printed recently.

That would be fake news.

Game over.

Mark
Disagreed, but let the lawyers have fun with it.

BTW, there is a difference between an error and a lie AKA fake statement. If you make an error in a post, that's just a mistake, but if you deliberately falsify a post, that's a fucking lie. Same goes for newspapers, broadcasts, etc. There are mistakes, deliberate lies and opinions. Again, let the lawyers sort it out. My guess is the Senator will settle out of court.

So, if you're unclear when you say something - oh, say, at a campaign rally - that's a mistake, not a lie, right? You know, like you meant to say you saw a report last night that talked about the immigrants and the Swedish crime rate, and it didn't come out quite like that .... that's a mistake (a misstatement, if you will) not a lie, right?

Purposely speaking in vague, unfinished sentences that provide the listener the excuse to insert the innuendo is less than honest.

I just ---- like seconds ago ---- told you exactly what it is. It's referring to Rump's own words, from his own orange mouth. That's exactly why I posted it. Yesterday. Because it's both relevant and ironic here.
My point is that you tell it in a overly emotional and distorted way. Obviously you can't see it or refuse to see how such emotional rhetoric simply adds to the noise level without actually conveying information intended to persuade.

That would be fake news.

Game over.

Mark

BTW, there is a difference between an error and a lie AKA fake statement. If you make an error in a post, that's just a mistake, but if you deliberately falsify a post, that's a fucking lie. Same goes for newspapers, broadcasts, etc. There are mistakes, deliberate lies and opinions. Again, let the lawyers sort it out. My guess is the Senator will settle out of court.

So, if you're unclear when you say something - oh, say, at a campaign rally - that's a mistake, not a lie, right? You know, like you meant to say you saw a report last night that talked about the immigrants and the Swedish crime rate, and it didn't come out quite like that .... that's a mistake (a misstatement, if you will) not a lie, right?
Being unclear is poor writing and is a mistake. Intentionally saying something false or passing along a known falsehood is to engage in lying.

That would be fake news.

Game over.

Mark

Being unclear is poor writing and is a mistake. Intentionally saying something false or passing along a known falsehood is to engage in lying.

You're dancing on the head of a pin. It's only a mistake if you didn't have a direct intention to mislead the reader.

My point is that you tell it in a overly emotional and distorted way. Obviously you can't see it or refuse to see how such emotional rhetoric simply adds to the noise level without actually conveying information intended to persuade.

I don't really care if you're "persuaded" or not. That's not my point, nor is it useful. I'm telling you the source of what the poster referred to. There's nothing "emotional" about that; it's a simple fact. Facts are neutral. They either exist, or they do not. This one --- does. It's no more complex than that.

You're dancing on the head of a pin. It's only a mistake if you didn't have a direct intention to mislead the reader.
Disagreed, sir. It's you who are dancing on a pin. I'm saying there are differences between mistakes, opinions and lies. You seem to want to draw a line between views you agree with as being truth and all others being fake news. Is that what you are trying to say or am I mistaken? What are you trying to say, sir?

I don't really care if you're "persuaded" or not.....
Of course you don't. The Democratic party has proven that it doesn't give a shit about democracy nor the opinion of anyone who isn't part of the Liberal Elite.

Disagreed, sir. It's you who are dancing on a pin. I'm saying there are differences between mistakes, opinions and lies. You seem to want to draw a line between views you agree with as being truth and all others being fake news. Is that what you are trying to say or am I mistaken? What are you trying to say, sir?

Very simply, and very slowly ....

There are reporters, and news organizations, who will present facts wrapped in innuendo and lies, all with an express intent to discredit the president. One of the great sins of our current media methodology is the mistaken impression that every reporter has a right, and even a responsibility, to analyze whatever fact is presented that day. Given that over 90% of American media is either registered Democrat or demonstrated left leaning, the American people have no reason to expect, and are not getting, the unvarnished truth.

There was a time when the media went to great pains to present both sides of an issue to the American public, who then could make up their collective mind based on the opposing views. We no longer have that luxury. We now only have those who present the left - all-left view, and ridicule those who offer alternative analysis of the very same facts.

Trump has become the lightning rod of this bias. Media personalities will tell you, openly and gleefully, that Trump needs to be removed - by whatever means possible. They have dedicated themselves, and their influence with the American people, to make that happen.

Every word Trump says/tweets is run thru that filter of prejudice. Two quick examples:

Trump said that fake news agencies "was the enemy of the people" Reporters immediately reported that Trump said "news agencies was the enemy of the people.", which, of course, has now morphed into "media was the enemy of the people." (Go ahead - go all the way back and look it up.

It is common practice for the past 75 years for the White House to hold a "press gaggle" from time to time. Tradition dictates that the "gaggle" will consist of one newspaper reporter, one tv reporter, and one media camera. Spicer calls a meeting and sets up a press gaggle with 5 newspaper reporters, three tv reporters, and two media cameras. Rather than being hailed for increasing visibility to the press, they are excoriated not for what they did, but rather for who didn't make the list. What was a gesture to the press was perverted into an attack on the press. Don't believe? Look it up.

The time will come when the left will have to recognize the danger of the prejudiced press, because the time will come when that dog will turn on you.

Last edited:
Those of you who cry "fake news" endlessly are just plain dumb fucks.
A media resource that leans left or right and reports facts 99% of the time are not "fake news". When mouth breathers call legit news sources "fake" they are displaying their complete ignorance and how easily they are manipulated. USMB is loaded with these geniuses.

Those of you who cry "fake news" endlessly are just plain dumb fucks.
A media resource that leans left or right and reports facts 99% of the time are not "fake news". When mouth breathers call legit news sources "fake" they are displaying their complete ignorance and how easily they are manipulated. USMB is loaded with these geniuses.

If you'd spend a little more time actually reading what is posted, and less time foaming at the mouth, there is a possibility - slim, though it may be - that we could have an intelligent discussion. As it stands now, it appears it would only be half intelligent.

payn_c14896520170225120100.jpg

Forum List

Back