Newsom signs California gun bill modeled after Texas abortion law

C_Clayton_Jones

Diamond Member
Apr 28, 2011
In a Republic, actually
“California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday signed a bill into law that allows private citizens to bring civil action against anyone who manufactures, distributes, transports or imports assault weapons or ghost guns, which are banned in the state.”

This is likely in anticipation of the Supreme Court striking down states’ assault weapon bans.

When that happens, private citizens will continue to enforce the ban via civil suits; the Constitution, the Second Amendment, and rulings of the Supreme Court apply only to government, not private citizens.

And conservatives have only themselves to blame; it was Republican lawmakers who contrived this scheme to circumvent the right to privacy.

“California Gov. Gavin Newsom on Friday signed a bill into law that allows private citizens to bring civil action against anyone who manufactures, distributes, transports or imports assault weapons or ghost guns, which are banned in the state.”

This is likely in anticipation of the Supreme Court striking down states’ assault weapon bans.

When that happens, private citizens will continue to enforce the ban via civil suits; the Constitution, the Second Amendment, and rulings of the Supreme Court apply only to government, not private citizens.

And conservatives have only themselves to blame; it was Republican lawmakers who contrived this scheme to circumvent the right to privacy.
You can't sue the gun manufacturers.

And soon, most CA gun laws will be struck down as the un-Constitutional infringements they represent.
I love the way hard core proglodytes double down on their stupidity.
Everyday is a "Hold my beer" day for the left

Good for Gov Newsom

Keeping his state safe
Given their record for mass killings, Texas should follow his lead

Next, suing Skippy and Peter Pan, and the stores that carry those brands for making Peanut Butter, because people have nut allergies.

And soon obese Californicators will be able to sue fork manufacturers.

Most vapid fucking bunch of idiots on the planet.

And the "conservatives have only themselves to blame" dealie is easily the stupidest line of bullshit the OP has ever vomited up.
Sure. Fork manufacturers, shoe manufacturers, even your beloved cammo manufacturers are subject to the same style of citizen enforced restrictions. When the Supreme Court approved the crazy right wing tactic of bypassing federal protections, it went into effect across the board. You should be proud.

Next, suing Skippy and Peter Pan, and the stores that carry those brands for making Peanut Butter, because people have nut allergies.
Why not? It's a Supreme Court approved method of enforcing state laws. The right has been whining about states rights for quite a while. I suspect you're about to start feeling those rights deep and hard.

Lol, giving people another reason to leave California.

Why do private citizens need to do this. Shouldn’t it be the role of the Government to prosecute these people, not the citizens?

Why do private citizens need to do this. Shouldn’t it be the role of the Government to prosecute these people, not the citizens?
You'll have to ask Texas politicians why, but since they did it for abortion, and the supreme court approved the tactic, that box has been opened.

Once again liberals demonstrate their abject ignorance and down right stupidity. Gun ownership is a Constitutionally protected right, baby killing is not, there is no comparison. On the plus side, Newsom just ended any hopes of ever reaching the White House as anything other than Dr Jill's boy toy.

Be happy Texas advocated legal response rather than violence against these wastes of flesh and oxygen.
If texas politicians could have adocated violence,they would have. What's your problem? You wanted the Supreme court to approve that tactic, didn't you? This is what you wished for.

f texas politicians could have adocated violence,they would have. What's your problem? You wanted the Supreme court to approve that tactic, didn't you? This is what you wished for
Personally, I thought the decision of the Supreme Court was absolutely perfect. It returned the issue to the individual States, where it belongs, and made no recommendation to the States other than “do what your citizens tell you to do”.

Personally, other than in cases of verifiable rape or the imminent death of the mother, I see no reason for there to ever be another abortion. I would very severely punish anyone getting one or assisting someone in getting one.

Personally, I thought the decision of the Supreme Court was absolutely perfect. It returned the issue to the individual States, where it belongs, and made no recommendation to the States other than “do what your citizens tell you to do”.

Personally, other than in cases of verifiable rape or the imminent death of the mother, I see no reason for there to ever be another abortion. I would very severely punish anyone getting one or assisting someone in getting one.
Then you are on board with California using the same tactics to remove unwanted guns, right?

Then you are on board with California using the same tactics to remove unwanted guns, right?
No. Not in the least.

Firearms ownership is protected under the Second Amendment of the US Constitution. Abortion is not.

Even more importantly, self-defense (by any means necessary) is an innate Moral Right. Abortion cannot be defended on any Moral grounds.

Forum List

Back