Newsom Says "Screw The Law!"

You must have "overlooked" the text of the law he breaking

Having read the law myself it is obvious that Newsom refusing to enforce a law is not a crime under the statute in question. Until the law in question requires city officials to enforce federal law and to become nothing more than appendages of the federal government Newsom isn't breaking any law by refusing to enforce non-city laws. This is the bedrock principle upon which our constitutional republic is founded. That each level of government is responsible for enforcing its own laws. The counties do not enforce city laws and the cities do not enforce county laws. You do not get on the highway and expect to be pulled over by a city police officer miles outside of his jurisdiction.

quote me the text of the law which delineates those actions that Newsom has taken which are illegal.

Why must you ask him to quote the statute in question again. The first time he did it it was annoying enough because he can't post an original thought of his own. The plain reading of the statute does not cover Newsom refusing to enforce a law that he isn't responsible for enfocing.

the law reads:

(iii) knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that an alien has come to, entered, or remains in the United States in violation of law, conceals, harbors, or shields from detection, or attempts to conceal, harbor, or shield from detection, such alien in any place, including any building or any means of transportation

These are all action words and for Newsom to be guilty of haboring an illegal immigrant for not enforcing the law would require your silly ass to be guilty of haboring an illegal immigrant for not enforcing the same law.

He is BREAKING a Federal law
Not doing something isn't a crime. Not enforcing a federal law is not a crime. The day the representative of the people of San Francisco becomes the bitch of the federal government is the day that we have to do what the Americans did to the democratically elected Parliment of the United Kingdom which is revolt. The most basic of tenets upon which our country is founded is the idea that there are levels of government and there are separation of powers and one government cannot enforce the laws of another, and one department of government cannot exercise the powers of another.

His refusal to obey a Fedral law

Please provide the statute where this is a crime? And then Bush can be arrested for ignoring those laws he doesn't agree with and refusing to enforce those laws but until you can show that it is a crime to refuse to enforce a law and to be the bitch of the federal government than the people of San Francisco can tell your fucking representative from another city in another state to go to hell because they aren't going to be your bitch.

His inaction to eforce the Fedral law, twit

Why do libs have such a double standard over when to obey the law?

It isn't a crime for the representative of the people of San Francisco or any city to refuse to enforce a federal law. He was not elected by the people of Providence, Rhode Island or their Senator of Congressman. He was elected by the people of San Francisco to perform a specific function as their elected executive officer responsible for enforcing THEIR laws and not the laws of people who do not live in the City of San Francisco. This is a simple principle of our system of government and that you cannot understand it makes you an imbecile.

You are so hopeless

When he fails to obey Title Eight - he is in violation of Federal law. He refuses to follow Title Eight by providing a safe haven to illegals

Libs like you will never find fault with your own kind - no matter what law they violate

He isn't disobeying Title 8, instead he is doing the job of those who elected him and you and your representatives do not have the right to hijack the people's representative and have them perform functions they were not elected to perform. Neither you or your Congressman voted for Newsom and he does not represent you. You aren't going to get free services from the citizens of San Francisco. If you want a federal law enforce than the federal government should enforce it instead of being parasites and getting free enforcement from city governments. I know northerners and those who do not reside on the southern border would love for the people of these cities to give them free enforcement of laws passed by their representatives but Newsom wasn't elected to enforce federal law instead he was elected to enforce city laws and ordinances.

Translation - Being a liberal he can pick and choose what laws to enforce. Besides, this is a racist way to treat "undocumented workers"

Since he was never responsible for enforcing federal law he can choose to refuse to enforce because that isn't what he was elected to do and that is not what the people of San Francisco (not some guy named George from Crawford, Texas) pay him to do and provide him with city taxes and fees to accomplish those things. The people of San Francisco do not pay city taxes and fees to enforce federal laws instead they pay federal taxes so the federal government can enforce federal laws.

Give it up RSR, you're fucked.

He has backed himself into the corner of saying that Newsom is required to enforce federal law even though anyone with a High School education in our system of government knows that no city enforces federal laws. This is true of every city in this country. In fact, for them to enforce federal law there would need to be a local ordinance or law that allows them to do so which would have to be passed by the people of the city that is enforcing the law and even then it may be in violation of the federal and state constitution for them to do so.

and his inaction in not enforcing the law.

This is like libs saying oral sex is not sex

Not enforcing the law is not breaking the law

try again twit

He is not the federal government and he is not the President of the United States and it isn't a law passed by the city of San Francisco. His job is to enforce the laws of San Francisco and not the federal government. He no more can enforce federal law than the President can enforce local city ordinances you fucking retard.

Do you?

I'm wondering about you. Let's take your first sentence.

"...will ignore any immigration laws put in place that criminalize illegal aliens?"

I thought they ALREADY WERE criminal; thus, "illegal" alien.

Are you purposefully trying to run in circles? The mayor of a city is not tasked with enforcing federal immigration laws. You can't seem to address that simple point.

I normally wouldn't agree with you but in this it seems that you have three times the brains than does Red States who cannot understand a simple idea that city governments are not responsible for enforcing federal laws. This is the responsibility of the federal government. Mayor Newsom is nor more required to enforce federal law than is the President to enforce local city ordinances. This guy is a comple fucking idiot who has backed himself into a corner by making a stupid assertion that contradicts one of the most basic principles of our government.

You calling ME a lib?

There is no fucking way your sorry ass is a liberal and this fucking moron cannot see that because he is a complete fucking loser who cannot understand that this is something liberals and conservatives agree on. That is those of us who have at minimum a basic understanding of our system of government. :eusa_angel:

WHERE is the violation, RSR? How specifically is he violating the law?

If you know someone stole a car, or has drugs in his home - and do nothing, you have committed a crime

Newsome will not cease giving protection to illegals in his city

Except in this example it is not a local crime - it is a Federal offense

If you know someone stole a car, or has drugs in his home - and do nothing, you have committed a crime

Newsome will not cease giving protection to illegals in his city

Except in this example it is not a local crime - it is a Federal offense

so...if I know you have drugs in your home and I "do nothing", please tell me what criminal statute I have violated.

I'll wait.

(small irrelevant parts of the post quoted have been snipped in an effort to preserve the sanity of most of the members of this board. The outcome - that RSR will go down in flames yet again - will not be affected by this rather judicious and wise piece of editing)

In which jurisdiction would that be? Got one in mind?

(small irrelevant parts of the post quoted have been snipped in an effort to preserve the sanity of most of the members of this board. The outcome - that RSR will go down in flames yet again - will not be affected by this rather judicious and wise piece of editing)

In which jurisdiction would that be? Got one in mind?

Try explaining to the Police of Feds why you do not report a crime you knew about and see how understanding they wil be

Try explaining to the Police of Feds why you do not report a crime you knew about and see how understanding they wil be

again..YOU are the one who stated:

"If you know someone stole a car, or has drugs in his home - and do nothing, you have committed a crime"

I am merely asking you what crime have you committed? what crime will you be charged with? what crime will a jury of your peers convict you of?

Either back up you wild ass assertions or have the grace to back away from them.

ACCESSORY AFTER THE FACT - Whoever, knowing that an offense has been committed, receives, relieves, comforts or assists the offender in order to hinder or prevent his apprehension, trial or punishment, is an accessory after the fact; one who knowing a felony to have been committed by another, receives, relieves, comforts, or assists the felon in order to hinder the felon's apprehension, trial, or punishment. U.S.C. 18

Forum List

Back