N'Awlins Mid-City
Deflations hurts -
people with business loans
people with home loans
people trying to get business loans
people trying to get home loans

Deflation helps -
wealthy people

This should be common sense, but it apparently isn't.

Think of it this way. If I've got half of all the money in the U.S. stuffed in my mattress, and the money supply contracts, I've still got the same amount of money - but you all out in the world struggling to get by needing lines of credit to start a new business or keep one running -will have less of it. Making it harder for you. and easier for me.

Deflations hurts -
people with home loans

Deflation helps -
wealthy people

Think of it this way. If I've got half of all the money in the U.S. stuffed in my mattress, and the money supply contracts, I've still got the same amount of money - but you all out in the world struggling to get by needing lines of credit to start a new business or keep one running -will have less of it. Making it harder for you. and easier for me.

The part you are forgetting ( or leaving out) is that people won't need as much money because the cost of living will go down. People will have more disposable income and be able to save money. People who are able to save money and pay their bills will have good credit and be able to get loans. People who save money will have down payments that will help them get loans and just maybe they won't need to borrow money because they will be able to save the money they need in a reasonable amount of time.

YUP.

These nitwits are terrified of inflation.

Of course they don't seem to understand that the USA just went though a major DEFLATION and that is why this economy is in the crapper.

No sense trying to explain it to them since they are not interested in the facts.

Deflations hurts -
people with home loans

Deflation helps -
wealthy people

The part you are forgetting ( or leaving out) is that people won't need as much money because the cost of living will go down.
The part you are forgetting is the cost of maintaining their debt loads will be the same. Deflation cripples all but the largest businesses. So while personal incomes and business profits are going DOWN - people and businesses will still have to pay the same to maintain debt they've already incurred, and it becomes harder for them to take on more debt when they need to.

You only need to look at the housing market to see what happens when prices fall.

People will have more disposable income and be able to save money.
???? Wages and salaries go DOWN under deflation, their debts stay the same, I'm failing to see how that translates to MORE disposable income.

Last edited:
Deflations hurts -
people with home loans

Deflation helps -
wealthy people

The part you are forgetting ( or leaving out) is that people won't need as much money because the cost of living will go down.
The part you are forgetting is the cost of maintaining their debt loads will be the same. Deflation cripples all but the largest businesses. So while personal incomes and business profits are going DOWN - people and businesses will still have to pay the same to maintain debt they've already incurred, and it becomes harder for them to take on more debt when they need to.

You only need to look at the housing market to see what happens when prices fall.

???? Wages and salaries go DOWN under deflation, their debts stay the same, I'm failing to see how that translates to MORE disposable income.

and house prices fell why ??

Ultimately, a reduction in the available money people had to buy houses with.

Deflations hurts -
people with home loans

Deflation helps -
wealthy people

You have neither inflation nor deflation in the absence of a worthless fiat currency, numbnutz.

Ultimately, a reduction in the available money people had to buy houses with.

so if we just print more money problem solved ?

YUP.

These nitwits are terrified of inflation.

Of course they don't seem to understand that the USA just went though a major DEFLATION and that is why this economy is in the crapper.

No sense trying to explain it to them since they are not interested in the facts.

If gov doesn't liquidate US debt held by the Fed and write off all that malinvestment, how else will we preempt speculative attacks and hyperinflation when the petrodollar standard inevitably collapses?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Enm0CBx52g4]The SHOCKING Truth About the U.S. Dollar: What The Media Never Told You - YouTube[/ame]​

Deflations hurts -
people with home loans

Deflation helps -
wealthy people

You have neither inflation nor deflation in the absence of a worthless fiat currency, numbnutz.

Funny how I can buy milk with a "worthless" currency.

Deflations hurts -
people with home loans

Deflation helps -
wealthy people

well continue to demonize the banks, punish them for success, march on them,, and seehow much money you can borrow.. try that.. I know it will work

Deflations hurts -
people with home loans

Deflation helps -
wealthy people

Funny how I can buy milk with a "worthless" currency.

How much milk can you buy today with $1.00 of that fraudulent currency, versus what you could get in 1980?.....In 1960?....In 1912?

deflations hurts -
people with home loans

deflation helps -
wealthy people

this should be common sense, but it apparently isn't.

Think of it this way. If i've got half of all the money in the u.s. Stuffed in my mattress, and the money supply contracts, i've still got the same amount of money - but you all out in the world struggling to get by needing lines of credit to start a new business or keep one running -will have less of it. Making it harder for you. And easier for me.

well continue to demonize the banks, punish them for success, march on them,, and seehow much money you can borrow.. Try that.. I know it will work

i do not barrow money or use credit..more people should try it

deflations hurts -
people with home loans

deflation helps -
wealthy people

this should be common sense, but it apparently isn't.

Think of it this way. If i've got half of all the money in the u.s. Stuffed in my mattress, and the money supply contracts, i've still got the same amount of money - but you all out in the world struggling to get by needing lines of credit to start a new business or keep one running -will have less of it. Making it harder for you. And easier for me.

well continue to demonize the banks, punish them for success, march on them,, and seehow much money you can borrow.. Try that.. I know it will work

i do not barrow money or use credit..more people should try it

Most all businesses rely on borrowing money. When they can't they have to fire people.

Forum List

Back