"News Lady Helen Thomas, What A Pain In the @#$%!

Eightball

Oct 13, 2004
Everytime that woman asks questions of conservative Presidents/spokesmen at White House or other press briefing, I wonder if she's the Devil incarnate. :puke:

http://www.drudgereport.com/flash1.htm
Helen Thomas Rides White House Press Sec: 'Were we invited into Iraq?'

Wed May 25 2005 17:16:06 ET

Wire Queen Helen Thomas today ripped into White House spokesman Scott McClellan over his claims the United States is in Afghanistan and Iraq -- by invitation.

Joined in progess...

Q The other day -- in fact, this week, you said that we, the United States, is in Afghanistan and Iraq by invitation. Would you like to correct that incredible distortion of American history --

MR. McCLELLAN: No, we are -- that's where we currently --

Q -- in view of your credibility is already mired? How can you say that?

MR. McCLELLAN: Helen, I think everyone in this room knows that you're taking that comment out of context. There are two democratically-elected governments in Iraq and --

Q Were we invited into Iraq?

MR. McCLELLAN: There are two democratically-elected governments now in Iraq and Afghanistan, and we are there at their invitation. They are sovereign governments, and we are there today --

Q You mean if they had asked us out, that we would have left?

MR. McCLELLAN: No, Helen, I'm talking about today. We are there at their invitation. They are sovereign governments -- Q I'm talking about today, too.

MR. McCLELLAN: -- and we are doing all we can to train and equip their security forces so that they can provide for their own security as they move forward on a free and democratic future. Q Did we invade those countries?

MR. McCLELLAN: Go ahead, Steve.

END

"incredible distortion of American history". Isn't that an opinion on her part? I thought the press wasn't supposed to give opinions!!

I absolutely cannot stand that woman!! She is rude,and takes an insult and puts it in the form of a question. What a horrible "journalist". She is one of those people that make you start to feel angry when you see the sight of her overdone face!!!

krisy said:
"incredible distortion of American history". Isn't that an opinion on her part? I thought the press wasn't supposed to give opinions!!

I absolutely cannot stand that woman!! She is rude,and takes an insult and puts it in the form of a question. What a horrible "journalist". She is one of those people that make you start to feel angry when you see the sight of her overdone face!!!

I thought so too.

wolverine said:
Just once -

"Yes...the disgusting looking troll on the front row...you're question?"

It would be music to many ears.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

That would be priceless!!!!!

wolverine said:
Just once -

"Yes...the disgusting looking troll on the front row...you're question?"

It would be music to many ears.

Q The other day -- in fact, this week, you said that we, the United States, is in Afghanistan and Iraq by invitation. Would you like to correct that incredible distortion of American history --

Me: Writing another poorly written and researched opinion piece I see? Well, allow me to educate you, the current Governments have asked us to stay, thus we have been invited.

Me: My credibility is only questioned by those writing opinion pieces lightly concealed as news. I can say it because it is fact.

Me: We were invited to STAY in Iraq, there is a difference.

Me: The President stated so during the campaign, I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Q Did we invade those countries?

Me: As I said, a poorly researched opinion piece indeed. Next question, Steve?

• Thanks
Reactions: Gem
no1tovote4 said:

Me: Writing another poorly written and researched opinion piece I see? Well, allow me to educate you, the current Governments have asked us to stay, thus we have been invited.

Me: My credibility is only questioned by those writing opinion pieces lightly concealed as news. I can say it because it is fact.

Me: We were invited to STAY in Iraq, there is a difference.

Me: The President stated so during the campaign, I have no reason to disbelieve him.

Q Did we invade those countries?

Me: As I said, a poorly researched opinion piece indeed. Next question, Steve?

Not P.C., but definitely what should have been said in reply to the "old bag". :rock:

Eightball said:
Not P.C., but definitely what should have been said in reply to the "old bag". :rock:

For everyone who remembers the good old days of Saturday Night Live...

One edit to no1tovote4's post:

Every answer from the press secretary starts with:

"Helen, you ignorant slut"

GotZoom said:
For everyone who remembers the good old days of Saturday Night Live...

One edit to no1tovote4's post:

Every answer from the press secretary starts with:

"Helen, you ignorant slut"

:rotflmao:

:clap:

LOL, she's not even a reporter anymore, she's retired, but they allow her a front row seat as a courtesy for all her years of news distortion and liberal bias.....

Ever see the Simpson's Episode where Lisa becomes the first straight female President? Helen, wearing a hat, stands up and asks, "Was I wearing a hat?"

Every time I see her now I think of that.

Forum List

Back