Newest Health Care Poll

I watched the Committee meeting on the Health Care bill held on Thursday,and watched it on Sat. morning. One Dem brought up that the GOP was against the Medicare bill back in the 60's just as they are against the Health Care Bill now. Do the Dems really want to go down this road? I don't think so because the Repubs said that Medicare would eventually cost to much. They were right then just as they are right now. All of the large social programs are costing to much.
When government gets involved in anything it brings up the price in everything.

All of this health care mess was a kennedy pet then, and its a kennedy pet now. Just because he died does mean that this is not in large part his pet baby.

Medicare does not pay for hearing aids, but Medicaid does.....

Did you miss this too?

I didn't miss anything because I already know that!! It's you who just doesn't get it.

The Medicare ADVANTAGE policies, which are totally separate from standard Medicare coverage, DO pay for hearing aids.

Advantage does not pay for hearing aids either....

I just went through this with my 73 year old aunt and I was surprised at how expensive they are....

Medicaid on the other hand does pay for them....

Great system....

It all depends on which Medicare Advantage policy your aunt bought. Maybe she has one that doesn't cover hearing aids, but most do, which is why the elderly even want the added coverage. I'd personally like eye care, but I'm not about to buy additional insurance just to cover new prescriptions when needed, even if my part of the premium is very low. OTC glasses work just fine for me. Hearing aids are another matter, though.

Also, with regard to Medicaid coverage, that too varies from state to state. States are given federal grant money and they determine what will be covered and the limits thereon.

Advantage does not pay for hearing aids either....

That depends on which MA plan you select; some do cover hearing aids.

Medicaid on the other hand does pay for them....

That's a coverage decision that's made at the state program level.

Try quoting the correct person first....

Which Advantage plan covers hearing aids?

There used to be many, but the insurance companies have been dropping like flies in anticipation of their pork getting cut. Your aunt can contact Medicare for a list, or maybe even her state's senior care department has the information.

I said extreme far left not liberal dems. And there is also extreme far right.
This bill will cost to much in the future just like all large government programs.

Does this mean we can't go to Washington, DC with torches and pitchforks and run the liberal Democrats out of the country? What about our demands for fried chicken on Sundays??????:(

You better get in all that fried chicken now....that's the next thing on Michelle Obama'a list to be banned.:doubt:

If you saw the way chicken is prepared, from start to store, you wouldn't eat it at all. That said, Michelle Obama doesn't have any proposed "bans" at all. She has guidelines to prevent childhood obesity, period. And it's about time people started taking this seriously, because the next generation will be too fat to do anything but flop in their recliners and collect goverment checks.

I watched the Committee meeting on the Health Care bill held on Thursday,and watched it on Sat. morning. One Dem brought up that the GOP was against the Medicare bill back in the 60's just as they are against the Health Care Bill now. Do the Dems really want to go down this road? I don't think so because the Repubs said that Medicare would eventually cost to much. They were right then just as they are right now. All of the large social programs are costing to much.

Only because as the population increases, more people become eligible. Another problem, if you can call it that, is because of medical technology, older people aren't dying as early as they once did and therefore remaining on Medicare a lot longer than anticipated. So maybe we should at least in part blame the scientists.

Only because as the population increases, more people become eligible. Another problem, if you can call it that, is because of medical technology, older people aren't dying as early as they once did and therefore remaining on Medicare a lot longer than anticipated. So maybe we should at least in part blame the scientists.

Oh. I get it. It's the private sector's fault for daring to make investments that actually improve longevity.

Of course, the ObamaCare answer to that will be to ration such technology for the benefit of the politically connected and punishing the private sector with more taxes and regulations so it won't dare innovate further.

Last edited:

All of this health care mess was a kennedy pet then, and its a kennedy pet now. Just because he died does mean that this is not in large part his pet baby.

Insurance mandate originally a repub idea! LOL!!
The obligation in the new health care law is a Republican idea that's been around at least two decades. It was once trumpeted as an alternative to Bill and Hillary Clinton's failed health care overhaul in the 1990s. These days, Republicans call it government overreach.

Mitt Romney, weighing another run for the GOP presidential nomination, signed such a requirement into law at the state level as Massachusetts governor in 2006. At the time, Romney defended it as "a personal responsibility principle" and Massachusetts' newest GOP senator, Scott Brown, backed it. Romney now says Obama's plan is a federal takeover that bears little resemblance to what he did as governor and should be repealed.

Oh. I get it. It's the private sector's fault for daring to make investments that actually improve longevity.

Of course, the ObamaCare answer to that will be to ration such technology for the benefit of the politically connected and punishing the private sector with more taxes and regulations so it won't dare innovate further.

Over 265 postings in this thread, and you're just now joining the conversation? You wouldn't be stalking me would ya?

Over 265 postings in this thread, and you're just now joining the conversation? You wouldn't be stalking me would ya?

She was proven to be completely wrong in the other thread about this bill being a "job killer" so she had to run somewhere.

All these polls on the Bill are meaningless.

Because they ask you to accept the bill as a whole or not.

The fact is. Parts of the Bill are popular. Other parts are very unpopular.

Romneycare could not exist without taxpayers money from the federal Obama goverenment which are taxpayers who do not live in Mass, do not use Romneycare but still pay for it.

Romneycare could not exist without taxpayers money from the federal Obama goverenment which are taxpayers who do not live in Mass, do not use Romneycare but still pay for it.
If the people of Massatwoshits were smart, they'd force the end of Romneycare before it destroys their state.

Forum List

Back