Newest Health Care Poll

peach174

Gold Member
Apr 24, 2010
S.E. AZ
Health Care Law - Rasmussen Reports

What part of the far left are still refusing to see that this bill is not wanted by the American people? Why are we letting the extreme far left (about 8%) in this country, control us?
How about setting politics aside and using common sense?
This is another big government program and eventually all big government programs cost us all way to much money.
How about reforming the system, instead of a new government program? Things that we can all agree on, like no more pre existing conditions, keeping what you have when you lose your job, torte reform, children stay on their parents health care as long as they are in college? Not a set age limit. Pooling insurances together?
Huh? How about it people?

I agree. Let's band together and go to Washington, DC with pitchforks and torches and run those damned liberal Democrats out of the country. Then we can demand fried chicken every Sunday for lunch.

What part of the far left are still refusing to see that this bill is not wanted by the American people? Why are we letting the extreme far left (about 8%) in this country, control us?
This is another big government program and eventually all big government programs cost us all way to much money.
How about reforming the system, instead of a new government program? Things that we can all agree on, like no more pre existing conditions, keeping what you have when you lose your job, torte reform, children stay on their parents health care as long as they are in college? Not a set age limit. Pooling insurances together?

Ummm, this is what the legislation does. How would you like to see it done differently?

I said extreme far left not liberal dems. And there is also extreme far right.
This bill will cost to much in the future just like all large government programs.

This bill will cost to much in the future just like all large government programs.

Does this mean we can't go to Washington, DC with torches and pitchforks and run the liberal Democrats out of the country? What about our demands for fried chicken on Sundays??????:(

Ummm, this is what the legislation does. How would you like to see it done differently?

No there is no torte reform, it has a set age limit for children on parents plans, and it does not pool insurance together.

We've been paying too much for years, this legislation aims to correct how we pay which in turn will hopefully reduce the amount we pay.

Does this mean we can't go to Washington, DC with torches and pitchforks and run the liberal Democrats out of the country? What about our demands for fried chicken on Sundays??????:(

Give it up Big Dog , just remember I'm used to extremely large black dogs

We've been paying too much for years, this legislation aims to correct how we pay which in turn will hopefully reduce the amount we pay.

No, it does'nt ,that is why everyones insurance has gone up. If you read that bill (which I have) it is not set up at all to lower the cost. They hope it will ,but it won't.

No, it does'nt ,that is why everyones insurance has gone up. If you read that bill (which I have) it is not set up at all to lower the cost. They hope it will ,but it won't.

LOL, everyones insurance was already going up for years. The bill just passed. How did the bill cause your insurance to go up?

Blue Cross and Blue Shield has raised theirs to offset the cost of pre existing conditions , so they say. It went up by 50.00.
I have a friend in California who says it has gone way way to high for her and hubby to afford it so they went with another one they could afford but it isn't as good of coverage.
So far so good about (if you like the health care you have being able to keep the health care that you have).
That is just one of the many things that will be coming up with this bill.

Last edited:
How about reforming the system, instead of a new government program? Things that we can all agree on, like no more pre existing conditions...
Blue Cross and Blue Shield has raised theirs [premiums] to offset the cost of pre existing conditions , so they say.

You're attacking your own idea? This is a pretty good microcosm of the larger reform debate, I suppose.

Things that we can all agree on, like no more pre existing conditions, keeping what you have when you lose your job, torte reform, children stay on their parents health care as long as they are in college? Not a set age limit. Pooling insurances together? Huh? How about it people?

What Constitutional authority does the federal government have to make insurance companies do any of those things?

What Constitutional authority does the federal government have to make insurance companies do any of those things?

If you were to ask Judge Vinson (the federal judge in Florida who ruled that the ACA is unconstitutional) that question he might quote from his ruling:

In light of United States v. South-Eastern Underwriters, 322 U.S. 533, 64 S. Ct. 1162, 88 L. Ed. 1440 (1944), the "end" of regulating the health care insurance industry (including preventing insurers from excluding or charging higher rates to people with pre-existing conditions) is clearly "legitimate" and "within the scope of the constitution."​

Short answer is that no one disputes that the feds can regulate interstate commerce and that regulating the health insurance industry qualifies.

My whole point is we can not afford another big government program period. Get rid of this bill and do health care regulation that the majority of America can agree on.

My whole point is we can not afford another big government program period. Get rid of this bill and do health care regulation that the majority of America can agree on.

You do realize that this bill is as far from government health care as you can get? Right? We are putting more people on Private insurance, not "another big government program".

You do realize that this bill is as far from government health care as you can get? Right? We are putting more people on Private insurance, not "another big government program".

Then you have not seen the chart of new government workers nor read the bill on how government will dictate the rules. It is government run and will tell the private companies how to enforce the rules.
http://www.house.gov/brady/pdf/Obamacare_Chart.pdf

Then you have not seen the chart of new government workers nor read the bill on how government will dictate the rules. It is government run and will tell the private companies how to enforce the rules.
http://www.house.gov/brady/pdf/Obamacare_Chart.pdf

I have seen that chart. What does this prove exactly? Setting standards and rules that private insurers need to follow is hardly government run healthcare. LOL.

Excuse me? Even the Rasmussen (strongly Republican, by a Republican pollster) doesn't show a majority of Americans opposed to it), and neither do these polls:

Health Policy

Pooling insurance, by the way, is why the mandate even exists. Everybody in or the premiums WILL NOT come down.

No there is no torte reform, it has a set age limit for children on parents plans, and it does not pool insurance together.

Health care "exchanges" set up pools. Medical malpractice rates vary widely from vicinity to vicinity based on wealth risk, not to mention that nearly all malpractice cases are settled out of court. Tort reform needs to be a separate issue convering all sorts of lawsuits, including medical malpractice. It doesn't belong in the health bill.

New Topics

Forum List

Back