House GOP punts on defunding "Obamacare"

The tide is going in the other direction and they don't want to drown. The House has done it's duty. They voted to repeal the law to satisfy the Tea Party. Now it's time to get down to business and prepare for the next election.

Oh yeah?

"I expect to see one way or other the product coming out of the House to speak to that and to preclude any funding to be used for that," Cantor said at a news conference, referring to an effort to block implementation of the health-care law.

House Republicans aim to pass a spending measure next week that would immediately cut at least $32 billion from the government's $3.7 trillion budget in an effort to trim budget deficits that could hit an estimated $1.5 trillion this year.

Details of the Republican spending-cut package will be made public on Thursday ahead of a wide-ranging debate on the House floor next week.

Cantor's office said the language blocking funding for the healthcare law is expected to be offered as an amendment during the House debate next week. Republicans, trying to make good on a campaign pledge for a more open legislative process, plan to debate a number of amendments to the spending bill.

Cantor said he expects the spending bill to include healthcare language when it leaves the House for Senate consideration.

We'll just see, won't we.

And if it turns out I was wrong, no matter. In the end it won't really go anywhere anyway.

:D

Oh yeah?

"I expect to see one way or other the product coming out of the House to speak to that and to preclude any funding to be used for that," Cantor said at a news conference, referring to an effort to block implementation of the health-care law.

House Republicans aim to pass a spending measure next week that would immediately cut at least $32 billion from the government's $3.7 trillion budget in an effort to trim budget deficits that could hit an estimated $1.5 trillion this year.

Details of the Republican spending-cut package will be made public on Thursday ahead of a wide-ranging debate on the House floor next week.

Cantor's office said the language blocking funding for the healthcare law is expected to be offered as an amendment during the House debate next week. Republicans, trying to make good on a campaign pledge for a more open legislative process, plan to debate a number of amendments to the spending bill.

Cantor said he expects the spending bill to include healthcare language when it leaves the House for Senate consideration.

And if it turns out I was wrong, no matter. In the end it won't really go anywhere anyway.

ah, still trying to defend your lies

funny how the REAL news org got it right
;)

Oh yeah?

ah, still trying to defend your lies

Fuck you, Dive. Did or did I not just acknowledge I might be wrong?

I was just pointing out that the Reuters article doesn't exactly make it definite, either.

Forum List

Back