New York Sports: Ready to Rumble!

And Braden Holtby is trying to steal this series for the Caps. The Islanders dominated play for much of regulation, but could only manage a single goal. Holtby has been great for 2 games now and the Isles are lucky to have pulled off a split at home.

Halak has not been bad by any stretch, but Holtby has played exceptionally the past couple of games. Hopefully the Isles can get a few past him to win the series.

And the Wings got a 3-0 shutout to go up 2-1 in their series. :)

The NY Rangers stole a big game yesterday.
I guess that's what really good teams can do....win when they're playing badly.
First period....PAINFUL TO WATCH.

But.....I was able to see the Yankees.....(leading the league in HRs)...put a terrible pitcher in there and beat Price and the Detroit Tigers wickedly!

Islanders have to find a way to win tonight....or else

And Braden Holtby is trying to steal this series for the Caps. The Islanders dominated play for much of regulation, but could only manage a single goal. Holtby has been great for 2 games now and the Isles are lucky to have pulled off a split at home.

Halak has not been bad by any stretch, but Holtby has played exceptionally the past couple of games. Hopefully the Isles can get a few past him to win the series.

And the Wings got a 3-0 shutout to go up 2-1 in their series. :)

Islanders have to take a page from Ranger'ws coach, AV.....and ignore the instigations.
Play to win the game..not the fights.

The Islanders have come unglued in game 5. Halak actually played pretty well in the first 2 periods despite allowing 3 goals, but it's all gone to shit now. The third period is now just setting the tone for game 6. :(

The Islanders have come unglued in game 5. Halak actually played pretty well in the first 2 periods despite allowing 3 goals, but it's all gone to shit now. The third period is now just setting the tone for game 6. :(

I think we'd rather play the Caps than the Fishsticks....but I was rootin' for the Islanders.
The injuries hurt.
Be tough to win two....but we did it...so.....

Good luck.

Now.....NY YANKEES!!!!

I was so down on their chances this season....

But WOW!!!

Tanaka looks like he's gonna be there!
Last night....Pineda was SENSATIONAL!

And the bombers are leading the league in HRs!

Rivera??????Who'd a thunk it???

Yay! for you being a Rangers fan.

However the whole "Yankee fan" thing......

Sorry, have to do this.

asshole_yankee_fans-13351.jpg
The Yankees are the best team money can buy.

Yeah unfortunately we could have another subway series again this year with the way the yanks have come on recently especially after beating the Mets who had been undefeated.

As I said,the Mets I have nothing against being in the series again.got no problem with them.them I am okay with.

Loves those Knicks! What a great...oh wait.

Go Mets. Those amazing Mets, because they are amazing.

I was just now able to finish watching the Islanders game. I had recorded it and the Wings game yesterday. Because our DVR can only record 2 things at a time, and if you have 2 things being recorded at the same time you have to be watching 1, I unintentionally heard a little commentary from the end of the Islanders game (someone wanted to watch TV, I put the Islanders game on to see if it was over yet so I'd know if I could stop recording). The announcer said something about the last drop of the puck in Nassau Coliseum. Because of that, I went into the game expecting the Isles to lose. The game was very close, 2-1 late in the third. I kept waiting for the Caps to get the tying goal, then Clutterbuck scored an empty netter for the Isles and I was shocked! Game 7 here we come! :D

I was just now able to finish watching the Islanders game. I had recorded it and the Wings game yesterday. Because our DVR can only record 2 things at a time, and if you have 2 things being recorded at the same time you have to be watching 1, I unintentionally heard a little commentary from the end of the Islanders game (someone wanted to watch TV, I put the Islanders game on to see if it was over yet so I'd know if I could stop recording). The announcer said something about the last drop of the puck in Nassau Coliseum. Because of that, I went into the game expecting the Isles to lose. The game was very close, 2-1 late in the third. I kept waiting for the Caps to get the tying goal, then Clutterbuck scored an empty netter for the Isles and I was shocked! Game 7 here we come! :D

I couldn't believe there was no boarding penalty against the Caps when the second goal was scored.....and Tavares was smashed.

Go get 'em!

I couldn't believe there was no boarding penalty against the Caps when the second goal was scored.....and Tavares was smashed.

Go get 'em!

That was my first impression when the play happened, too. But after watching replays, he actually did hit JT somewhat from the side.

I'm so nervous for the game tonight! :ack-1:

Go get 'em!

That was my first impression when the play happened, too. But after watching replays, he actually did hit JT somewhat from the side.

"The Rangers would surely prefer another series against the Caps. The Caps are much slower and more reliant on one player than the Isles are. The Rangers often struggle against the Isles more aggressive depth and that series would be more physically taxing than a Caps series."
PuckCentral.net

Go get 'em!

Good luck!

Go get 'em!

"The Rangers would surely prefer another series against the Caps. The Caps are much slower and more reliant on one player than the Isles are. The Rangers often struggle against the Isles more aggressive depth and that series would be more physically taxing than a Caps series."
PuckCentral.net

Nobody wants to play against the Isles 4th line. The top hitter for the last 4 years in Martin, the top hitter the 3 years before that in Clutterbuck, and damn have they been hitting in this series!

Isles/Rangers would be a better series for fans. Even with all the years the Isles sucked, the NY/NY games still meant something. :)

Seems to me that Dan Boyle was on for three playoff goals against us.

Too bad he's signed through next year....

'3/2/15 |11:31AM: The Rangers would not get any cap relief by buying out Boyle because he is on a 35+ contract.' (Larry Brooks)

Forum List

Back