New York Sports: Ready to Rumble!

PoliticalChic

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 6, 2008
Brooklyn, NY
1. Oh, man....looking forward to the opening of baseball season!

Yankees pitcher Tanaka just threw two pre-season innings against a mostly regular Braves line-up....

six men, 19 pitches!

From a 76 mph change-up to his devastating splitter!

Can't wait for opening day!

2. Now....for the update on my fav....the NY Rangers: very few know that star Rick Nash.....well, take a look:

upload_2015-3-13_9-38-22.jpeg
images

Not saying that Rick Nash and Ted Cruz are one and the same.....

...but have you ever seen the two of 'em together?

Yay! for you being a Rangers fan.

However the whole "Yankee fan" thing......

Sorry, have to do this.

asshole_yankee_fans-13351.jpg

Sorry, have to do this.

when people talk about these overpriced assholes in baseball such as PC here,this is what I like to throw in their faces.:biggrin:

They may have beat my Royals in three straight playoff appearances thanks to the Royals having an idiot manager back then,but in two of those three years,they at least took them to the maximum limit losing in the 9th inning taking them to game five in the series.they at least never got beat in three straight.:biggrin:

where is that broom so i can say the word SWEEP which is what the royals did to them in 1980?:biggrin:

Oh and the yankees won those three years with the help of home grown products of the royals Lou Pinella of the Royals and Reggie Jackson who was originally a KANSAS CITY A before becoming an Oakland A.a fact many are not aware of.:biggrin:

I wasnt even aware of that myself to the all star game they played here in kc a couple years ago and jackson came out before the game talking about how kansas city was where he got his start in the major leagues.:)

Last edited:
I'd rather watch tennis , at least the athletes have boobs....
good point.plus its much more exciting with something happening ALL THE TIME. baseball on tv is like watching paint dry.

You know, there are meds for A.D.D.

Speak to your doctor to see if they are right for you.

tell me again,who is that ugly looking japenese girl you used to have in your avatar?that was one disgusting looking creature who no doubt has hairy armpits on her.:D:lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha:

Sorry, have to do this.

NOW YOU'RE GONNA GET IT!

"On Thursday, Tanaka, who threw four of his trademark splitters, looked better than he did for his final two starts of his rookie season after his UCL rehab.

In the first, Tanaka sent the Braves down in order, throwing 11 pitches (nine strikes). Tanaka reached 94 mph on the radar gun.

"That's pretty good this time of year," manager Joe Girardi said.

Tanaka struck out Freddie Freemanlooking on a 3-2 slider to end the inning. He began the second with a strikeout swinging of Jonny Gomes on one of his classic splitters. He ended the inning with two groundouts."
Masahiro Tanaka shines in first spring start for New York Yankees - ESPN New York

I'd rather watch tennis , at least the athletes have boobs....
good point.plus its much more exciting with something happening ALL THE TIME. baseball on tv is like watching paint dry.

You know, there are meds for A.D.D.

Speak to your doctor to see if they are right for you.

tell me again,who is that ugly looking japenese girl you used to have in your avatar?that was one disgusting looking creature who no doubt has hairy armpits on her.:D:lmao::lmao::lmao::haha::haha::haha:

Your momma.

Sorry, have to do this.

I know you were waiting for this update:

Just saw Michael Pineda.....looks great.

If he can stay healthy this year...maybe 200 innings....and no pine tar.....we may be seeing the start of a #1 or #2 pitcher in the Yankee rotation

The first half of the regular season don't mean much but I always spend the second half hoping the "Yankmees" don't make the playoffs. Makes it that much more enjoyable!

I'm from SoCal but I've NEVER liked the Dodgers.

Exciting time of year...

"The Yankees have a plan to keep Masahiro Tanaka as healthy as possible, and that means giving him an extra day of rest now and during the season so he pitches every sixth day.

That’s a plan that makes a lot of sense and it should be carried through because of Tanaka’s small ligament tear in his right elbow. Extra rest won’t hurt the Yankees’ other pitchers either."

The Yankees 6-day solution to keep Tanaka healthy New York Post

484dd7e5fa79edcdf5ca677c6a9f5ce8.jpg

Exciting time of year...

"The Yankees have a plan to keep Masahiro Tanaka as healthy as possible, and that means giving him an extra day of rest now and during the season so he pitches every sixth day.

That’s a plan that makes a lot of sense and it should be carried through because of Tanaka’s small ligament tear in his right elbow. Extra rest won’t hurt the Yankees’ other pitchers either."

Shoulda' done that last year.

Anyone who knew how they used pitchers in Japan knew the once-a week drill.

But, heck.....it was great watching him pitch.

New Yawk is spoiled meat.

Dodger Blue going to rule all.

I never cared for the dodgers.Unlike their rival from the 70's the big red machine the cincinnati reds who were my favorite team in the NL back then,they were incapable of beating the yankees in two straight years so i hated them for that for years.

The Reds were my heros from the national league because in 76 when they played them in the world series,they swept them in four straight baby.:biggrin::banana::banana:

man that was sweet watching them SWEEP the yankees no less.get that broom out.:biggrin:

after that,they became my heros because it helped a lot in taking the pain away after my royals lost to them in game five of the championship game when chris chambliss hit that homerun.

My california team I always rooted for as a toddler was the california angels.I still like them okay now but less since they are a big market team.my new second favorite team in AL is the Oakland A's.Got to stick with the small market guys and root for them to do well.

However I never cared for the Giants and I especially dont like them now since they beat my royals in the world series.i was rooting for the dodgers to beat the Giants last year in the playoffs and I for sure will be doing so again if they face each other again as well this year even more so.please not,anybody in the NL other than the Giants.

Last edited:
Exciting time of year...

Shoulda' done that last year.

Anyone who knew how they used pitchers in Japan knew the once-a week drill.

But, heck.....it was great watching him pitch.

He'll be fine in this rotation, I hope.

I was a tyke, and Sandy Koufax struck out 18 Giants, McCovey the rookie hit a mammoth home run, and Wally Moon won the game in the bottom of the 9th with a 'moon shot.' My first game ever, in 1959. i was hooked forever.

I was a tyke, and Sandy Koufax struck out 18 Giants, McCovey the rookie hit a mammoth home run, and Wally Moon won the game in the bottom of the 9th with a 'moon shot.' My first game ever, in 1959. i was hooked forever.
:thup: ah man,the good old days when you could get excited about the season of MLB baseball season getting started when players stayed with one team their whole careers.man cant believe you got to see those guys,I am so jeoulous.

Forum List

Back