New York Sports: Ready to Rumble!

Woo hoo, good start for the Isles! 4-1 win in game one on the Caps' home ice! :D

Congrats!

I was rootin' for the Fishsticks....I prioritize my hatred.

I watched most of the game because of how painful watching the Yankees was.

What little I've watched baseball has been as a Mets fan. :lol: Clearly we are on the opposite ends of the NY sports spectrum. I don't watch any baseball nowadays, though. I just don't enjoy it.

Tonight we'll see if the Rangers can keep their winning ways going. It often seems to me that winning the President's Trophy is as much curse as accomplishment; what was the last team to win the trophy that went on to win the Cup?

Of course, that could well be an entirely skewed perspective of mine. Maybe I just recall the Wings winning the trophy and losing in the playoffs one year too many. :)

I was curious enough to go look up President's Trophy winners. It has been given out 28 times and 8 of those teams have won the Cup. Detroit has won the Trophy 6 times and won the Cup in 2 of those years.

That's actually not too shabby, but still, I have been left with the impression that winning the Trophy is a bad thing somehow.

The Rangers have gotten the Trophy twice and won the Cup in one of those years.

I was curious enough to go look up President's Trophy winners. It has been given out 28 times and 8 of those teams have won the Cup. Detroit has won the Trophy 6 times and won the Cup in 2 of those years.

That's actually not too shabby, but still, I have been left with the impression that winning the Trophy is a bad thing somehow.

The Rangers have gotten the Trophy twice and won the Cup in one of those years.

Don't let this get around...but I found out it's in the bag.

I checked with Madam Olga at her subterranean residence here, in Sheepshead Bay, and she looked deeply into her crystal ball.....

...and its RANGERS ALL THE WAY, BABY!!!!!

Now I have some more parking tickets to turn into confetti ....for the parade....

The Isles blew a 2 goal lead and lost 4-3 in game 2. The Caps really dominated the second half of the game.

I watched part....even in the first, the passing did not look sharp

At least in the first the game wasn't played entirely in the Islanders' end, though. In the later portions of the game the Caps had control of the ice for long stretches. The Isles could barely get out of their own zone, let alone get offensive pressure of their own.

Still, splitting the away games, and only losing by 1 goal in the second game, that's something I'd be happy to accept before the series began. Hopefully they'll get a lift playing at Nassau Coliseum and take the next 2. :D

The Isles blew a 2 goal lead and lost 4-3 in game 2. The Caps really dominated the second half of the game.

At least in the first the game wasn't played entirely in the Islanders' end, though. In the later portions of the game the Caps had control of the ice for long stretches. The Isles could barely get out of their own zone, let alone get offensive pressure of their own.

Still, splitting the away games, and only losing by 1 goal in the second game, that's something I'd be happy to accept before the series began. Hopefully they'll get a lift playing at Nassau Coliseum and take the next 2. :D

Good luck

Good luck

The Wings also lost game 2. So both of those series are tied with the teams I'm rooting for heading home. I'm used to the Wings in the playoffs, it's nice to have the Isles in too. Time for another 4 Cups in a row! :lol:

1. Oh, man....looking forward to the opening of baseball season!

Yankees pitcher Tanaka just threw two pre-season innings against a mostly regular Braves line-up....

six men, 19 pitches!

From a 76 mph change-up to his devastating splitter!

Can't wait for opening day!

2. Now....for the update on my fav....the NY Rangers: very few know that star Rick Nash.....well, take a look:

View attachment 37797
images

Not saying that Rick Nash and Ted Cruz are one and the same.....

...but have you ever seen the two of 'em together?
Yes, at their wedding....

Yankees pitcher Tanaka just threw two pre-season innings against a mostly regular Braves line-up....

six men, 19 pitches!

2. Now....for the update on my fav....the NY Rangers: very few know that star Rick Nash.....well, take a look:

View attachment 37797
images

Nash doesnt look anything like that douchbag.

Yankees suck Knicks suck. Did the rangers make the playoffs? I like Eli Manning and Michael Strahan. Eli 2 superbowls and the great Payton only 1. I'm glad for eli so he's not completely living in Paytons shadow.

six men, 19 pitches!

View attachment 37797
images

Yankees suck Knicks suck. Did the rangers make the playoffs? I like Eli Manning and Michael Strahan. Eli 2 superbowls and the great Payton only 1. I'm glad for eli so he's not completely living in Paytons shadow.

Did the Rangers make the playoffs? Clearly you are not an NHL fan, so that makes you a bad person. ;)

Yay! for you being a Rangers fan.

However the whole "Yankee fan" thing......

Sorry, have to do this.

asshole_yankee_fans-13351.jpg

I know you were waiting for this update:

Just saw Michael Pineda.....looks great.

If he can stay healthy this year...maybe 200 innings....and no pine tar.....we may be seeing the start of a #1 or #2 pitcher in the Yankee rotation

I stand by my statement, and while the Yankee's start hasn't been horrible, it hasn't been great.

Now as a Met fan I am just waiting for inevitable meteor to come crashing down on our bullpen.

It's probably just because it's the way it worked in my house, but for some reason I expect Mets fans to be Islanders fans and Yankees fans to be Rangers fans.

I haven't lived in NY for a long time, so maybe that really is the usual?

six men, 19 pitches!

View attachment 37797
images

agreed about the Mannings.Eli I always liked till the last couple years where he started just throwing the ball up in the air to avoid taking a take and as a result throwing so many interception.Before that though,I liked him because he beat the cheatriots twice,Peyton though is an asshole.

When the colts played the ravens in a playoff game he said baltimore fans need to get over it that the colts aren't in baltimore anymore and stop hating on them.

Lets see,the son of the asshole owner of the colts that moved them never has talked about righting a wrong his father did to bring them back and he says baltimore needs to get over it.man what an asshole.Im so glad he got humiliated in the superbowl.

Sorry, have to do this.

If he can stay healthy this year...maybe 200 innings....and no pine tar.....we may be seeing the start of a #1 or #2 pitcher in the Yankee rotation

I stand by my statement, and while the Yankee's start hasn't been horrible, it hasn't been great.

Now as a Met fan I am just waiting for inevitable meteor to come crashing down on our bullpen.
exactly.the yankees start hasnt been horrible,but it hasnt been great either.The Mets I got no problem with.

six men, 19 pitches!

View attachment 37797
images

Did the Rangers make the playoffs? Clearly you are not an NHL fan, so that makes you a bad person. ;)
And I live in hockey town! Made the playoffs 20 years in a row. All wasted on me. I lost interest in hockey the year they went on strike or there was a lock out??? Whatever. You take a year off you make people find other interests like basketball.

This ain't Canada you know aye?

Sorry, have to do this.

Last I heard tigers up 2 to 1 but yankees got 2 on the corners in the 8th. We put in a relief pitcher and I dont know what happened next. Those fucking yankees. I hated them the most during the Arod years. So mad he won a championship. Only one I ever liked was Jeter and that's cause he's cool and he's from michigan. You're welcome.

Let me know if the assholes I mean yankees came back and won tonight. I was so glad the Arod fucked you payroll wise and it seems you are still paying the guy. But you got 1 ring out of it so guess it was worth it. Detroit hasn't won since 1984. But we've had your number in the last decade.

Forum List

Back