New York Sports: Ready to Rumble!

I was a tyke, and Sandy Koufax struck out 18 Giants, McCovey the rookie hit a mammoth home run, and Wally Moon won the game in the bottom of the 9th with a 'moon shot.' My first game ever, in 1959. i was hooked forever.
:thup: ah man,the good old days when you could get excited about the season of MLB baseball season getting started when players stayed with one team their whole careers.man cant believe you got to see those guys,I am so jeoulous.
Incredible experience. Remember they were vastly underpaid as well. Carl Furillo, injured in spring training, won his suit for his salary either that year or the year after ($35,000), and the owners blackballed him after that.

The game is a business, and the players, as workers, deserve whatever they can wring from the owners.

Although a successful businessman after the military and graduate school, I have always believed the greatest value in the business are the employees. Treat them well, and they will labor hard for the owners.

Last edited:
Just saw Michael Pineda.....looks great.

If he can stay healthy this year...maybe 200 innings....and no pine tar

A real 'master of deception,' that one.

"If he stays healthy, Girardi believes he'll get there. With a change-up that's evolving, the 26-year-old Pineda's developing a repertoire perhaps as strong as any pitcher the Yankees can run out to the mound this season. (Pineda throws a slider and fastball, too.)"
What makes Yankees manager Joe Girardi so excited about Michael Pineda NJ.com

Last edited:
I was a tyke, and Sandy Koufax struck out 18 Giants, McCovey the rookie hit a mammoth home run, and Wally Moon won the game in the bottom of the 9th with a 'moon shot.' My first game ever, in 1959. i was hooked forever.
:thup: ah man,the good old days when you could get excited about the season of MLB baseball season getting started when players stayed with one team their whole careers.man cant believe you got to see those guys,I am so jeoulous.
Incredible experience. Remember they were vastly underpaid as well. Carl Furillo, injured in spring training, won his suit for his salary either that year or the year after ($35,000), and the owners blackballed him after that.

The game is a business, and the players, as workers, deserve whatever they can wring from the owners.

Although a successful businessman after the military and graduate school, I have always believed the greatest value in the business are the employees. Treat them well, and they will labor hard for the owners.
except they DONT deserve multi million dollar contracts just for playing a little kids game.there are many citizens in the country that have far more important jobs that are far more deserving of that kind of pay than these greedy selfish ballplayers.

Not even greats like Koufax or Mccovey should get that kind of money if they were playing in this day and age should be given the million dollar contracts these greedy assholes are given.

except they DONT deserve multi million dollar contracts just for playing a little kids game.there are many citizens in the country that have far more important jobs that are far more deserving of that kind of pay than these greedy selfish ballplayers.

Not even greats like Koufax or Mccovey should get that kind of money if they were playing in this day and age should be given the million dollar contracts these greedy assholes are given.

You're as dumb as that avi of yours, aren't you.

Living in a free market nation just isn't for you.

Babe Ruth anecdote, his response on being asked how he felt holding out for a salary higher than that of the US President, (variously reported as having been in 1929 or 1930) as quoted in Baseball: A History of America's Game (2002) by Benjamin G. Rader, p. 134 "What the hell has Hoover got to do with it? Besides, I had a better year than he did."

Why are you wasting your time here, posting your senseless drivel....you should be compiling a spreadsheet of exactly what each and every individual deserves to be paid.

Of course, you might find it disheartening when you have to put you salary at just below those guys who carry sandwich boards.

Ruth, anecdotally, said, when asked why he was paid more than Hoover: "How may RBIs did he have?"

The players deserve every cent they can make.

Ruth, anecdotally, said, when asked why he was paid more than Hoover: "How may RBIs did he have?"

all these greedy selfish a holes deserve all those millions for playing a kids game instead of paying all these other people around the country who have far more important jobs than they do.gotcha.:cuckoo:

You're as dumb as that avi of yours, aren't you.

Living in a free market nation just isn't for you.

Babe Ruth anecdote, his response on being asked how he felt holding out for a salary higher than that of the US President, (variously reported as having been in 1929 or 1930) as quoted in Baseball: A History of America's Game (2002) by Benjamin G. Rader, p. 134 "What the hell has Hoover got to do with it? Besides, I had a better year than he did."

Why are you wasting your time here, posting your senseless drivel....you should be compiling a spreadsheet of exactly what each and every individual deserves to be paid.

Of course, you might find it disheartening when you have to put you salary at just below those guys who carry sandwich boards.
says USMBs resident brainwashed troll who who has an obsession over FDR and the democrats oh and notice someone here clicked on a like for my post for telling the truth here about you.:lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

Last edited:
I wish the rest of the league luck against Max Scherzer, Jordan Zimmerman, Doug Fister, Stephen Strausburg, and Gio Gonzalez. See you in October! :laugh:

Go Nats!
That's a good staff, but both the Cards and the Dodgers have better teams.

I wish the rest of the league luck against Max Scherzer, Jordan Zimmerman, Doug Fister, Stephen Strausburg, and Gio Gonzalez. See you in October! :laugh:

Go Nats!
That's a good staff, but both the Cards and the Dodgers have better teams.
I disagree. The Nats starters are what put them over the top, but don't discount the rest of the team. Harper is 22, and I fully expect him to take that next step this year towards greatness. Rendon takes over at 3rd, his natural position, and we know what he can do with a bat. I think he tajes a step forward too. Zimmerman takes over at first for the streaky and inconsistent Adam LaRoche. I just hope he can stay healthy. Desmond is a top 3 shortstop, Werth is a top 3 left fielder, Span is a top 10 centerfielder and Ramos is a top 10 catcher. We also upgraded our second baseman.

I'm not even worried about the bullpen this year with some of the guys we brought up this year and last year. Look up Blake Treinen and remember that name. I'm crushed to see Tyler Clippard go though. :(

And don't forget Tanner Roark who would start immediately on every single other MLB team.

I am not disagreeing at all that the Nationals are a good team.

I do think you will be disappointed.

But our fan-tazia is what makes the game great.

all these greedy selfish a holes deserve all those millions for playing a kids game instead of paying all these other people around the country who have far more important jobs than they do.gotcha.:cuckoo:

So if someone offered you $15,000,000 a year to do your current job, you would tell them, " I'm sorry, I don't want that much money, give it to those that have a more important job than I." Some how I think you would take every penny you could.

1. Oh, man....looking forward to the opening of baseball season!

Yankees pitcher Tanaka just threw two pre-season innings against a mostly regular Braves line-up....

six men, 19 pitches!

From a 76 mph change-up to his devastating splitter!

Can't wait for opening day!

2. Now....for the update on my fav....the NY Rangers: very few know that star Rick Nash.....well, take a look:

View attachment 37797
images

Not saying that Rick Nash and Ted Cruz are one and the same.....

...but have you ever seen the two of 'em together?

And they're both Canadians!

Wait a second.

Didn't you say that the Rams moving to St Louis was "the worst day of your life?"

1. Oh, man....looking forward to the opening of baseball season!

Yankees pitcher Tanaka just threw two pre-season innings against a mostly regular Braves line-up....

six men, 19 pitches!

From a 76 mph change-up to his devastating splitter!

Can't wait for opening day!

2. Now....for the update on my fav....the NY Rangers: very few know that star Rick Nash.....well, take a look:

View attachment 37797
images

Not saying that Rick Nash and Ted Cruz are one and the same.....

...but have you ever seen the two of 'em together?

And they're both Canadians!

I knew there was something I liked about you.

"TAMPA, Fla. - The Yankees' rotation is full of question marks, and perhaps the biggest one finally is ready to take the mound.

CC Sabathia has been brought along at a deliberate pace by the Yankees, who have been extra cautious with the 34-year-old's right knee. He will make his debut Tuesday night against the Blue Jays at Steinbrenner Field."
CC Sabathia to make first spring start Tuesday - Newsday

Bitin' my nails......

Sabathia...first outing last night.

Uh oh......

He did get it up to 96mph......

But two runs allowed in two innings........

Let's go NYRangers!

Forum List

Back