New York City to Pay Occupy Protesters $100,000

Unbelievable! These SQUATTERS were breaking the law. They unlawfully unoccupied areas that required a permit and a payment of a fee.

Permits to protest are as unconstitutional as Permits to own firearms. They are in direct violation of the Ninth Amendment.

The enumeration of certain rights, in this Constitution, shall not be construed to deny or DISPARAGE other retained by the people.

This is why, when the revolution starts, I'll be mowing down Democrats and Republicans alike. You're both blind brainwashed sheep. You want your rights, so long as your opposition has none.

The Republic will rise again:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xcJT7F_BXo]2013 Epic DUBSTEP REMIX Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [HD720p] Edit by Alex Totterdell - YouTube[/ame]

And to add to this – ‘designed’ for public use is a misnomer. Either the land is publically owned or not. A store or restaurant is ‘designed’ for public use, that does not mean you have a right to protest IN the store or restaurant. You may only do so in the street in front of it where the owner does not own the land and even then – there are city codes. The city codes though, in my opinion, wrong but that is for another thread and does not touch on this case as there is no court precedent that I know of concerning that.

Where does the Constitution prohibit that?

where does the constitution prohibit me from owning lare capacity magazines and assault rifles?

It doesn't.

So once you go out and get them..the strict reading of the Constitution puts you under direct control of congress, which manages the militia.

Which I am sure you support, right?

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

:clap2:

either way, you can't break laws while expressing your rights. having a right to own a gun doesn't give you the right to shoot someone. free speech doesn't give you the right to trespass and create dangerous situations.

What did they trespass on? What dangerous situation did they create?

The Second Amendment is our permit to carry whatever weapon we want.

The First Amendment is our permit to protest on any piece of PUBLIC property that we wish.

You pretend to love the Constitution, while dismissing half of it.

property which clearly stated no overnight camping. if you worked in the area you would see what kind of dangerous situations they created. mobs roaming the streets over run who ever is in their path. walking on the streets in the path of traffic is a dangerous situation. they were told to abide the laws and stay on the sidewalks. they didn't. i'm free to own a gun but i am not free to walk down the streets discharging it into the air. they are free to protest but not violate the regulations of the properties they protest on.

I live here.

None of that happened.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unbelievable! These SQUATTERS were breaking the law. They unlawfully unoccupied areas that required a permit and a payment of a fee.

Permits to protest are as unconstitutional as Permits to own firearms. They are in direct violation of the Ninth Amendment.

The enumeration of certain rights, in this Constitution, shall not be construed to deny or DISPARAGE other retained by the people.

This is why, when the revolution starts, I'll be mowing down Democrats and Republicans alike. You're both blind brainwashed sheep. You want your rights, so long as your opposition has none.

The Republic will rise again:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3xcJT7F_BXo]2013 Epic DUBSTEP REMIX Alex Jones vs Piers Morgan [HD720p] Edit by Alex Totterdell - YouTube[/ame]

I can appreciate a good equal opportunity slaughter.

But you raise a very good point. Why are so many here so focused on opposing anything they deem an infringement on their second amendment rights but seem very unconcerned with what happens with the first amendment?

Awesome observation - rep coming your way.

Imagine of Tea Partiers did that. I mean tea parties always obtain permits and pay hefty fees to hold their rallies. On top of that they don't destroy the areas, don't vandalize the neighboring property, don't rape women at their functions and provide for their own security. OWS destroyed the areas they occupied, countless charges of rape were filed, the vandalized neighboring property, and they cost the city TENS of $1000s in police and other fees!

Judge Ghookie has spoken :cuckoo:

What did they trespass on? What dangerous situation did they create?

The Second Amendment is our permit to carry whatever weapon we want.

The First Amendment is our permit to protest on any piece of PUBLIC property that we wish.

You pretend to love the Constitution, while dismissing half of it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0AbYHRg3qlw

property which clearly stated no overnight camping. if you worked in the area you would see what kind of dangerous situations they created. mobs roaming the streets over run who ever is in their path. walking on the streets in the path of traffic is a dangerous situation. they were told to abide the laws and stay on the sidewalks. they didn't. i'm free to own a gun but i am not free to walk down the streets discharging it into the air. they are free to protest but not violate the regulations of the properties they protest on.

I live here.

None of that happened.

but you lie like a rug so why would anyone believe you

Mayor Michael Bloomberg: City Won?t Tolerate OWS Violence, Illegal Activities « CBS New York

Occupy Wall Street Protesters Arrested in Solidarity March - ABC News

80 'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters Arrested - WSJ.com

At Least Eight Occupy Wall Street Protesters Arrested in Raucous March - DNAinfo.com New York

I live here.

None of that happened.

but you lie like a rug so why would anyone believe you

Mayor Michael Bloomberg: City Won?t Tolerate OWS Violence, Illegal Activities « CBS New York

Occupy Wall Street Protesters Arrested in Solidarity March - ABC News

80 'Occupy Wall Street' Protesters Arrested - WSJ.com

At Least Eight Occupy Wall Street Protesters Arrested in Raucous March - DNAinfo.com New York

:lol:

I passed by the site several times.

It was very well organized..and had the SUPPORT of local businesses who let them use the bathroom.

Some of those businesses were the banks.

Man..you seriously do NOT have a clue.

Link 1
In your first link, Nanny Bloomberg, the Authoritarian-in-Chief is complaining and reacting to things that "might happen." There's not a single mention of a crime.

Let me now check your other links.

Link 2
Your second link, the WORST crime were protestors using profanity! AND THE POLICE COMMITTED POLICE BRUTALITY!

"Though it is still unclear how U.S. Marine Scott Olson received the injury, Veterans for Peace, the group he attended the protest with, said that Olson was “shot in the head with a police projectile while peacefully participating in the Occupy Oakland march.”

Several people were arrested as police unsuccessfully tried to keep protestors on sidewalks. Officers were able to keep demonstrators from marching across the Brooklyn Bridge. Protestors removed rope lines which police had set up, and eventually the cops allowed them to march and they left the scene. " There is such a thing as community policing, where people do respond. They actually used profanity.”

Your second link is epic fail, did you read your own links?

Link 3
I can't see this link since I'm not subscribed. However I assume it is the same as link 4.

Link 4:
“The police gave me a summons for impeding the pedestrian traffic - with my butterfly wings,” said Halasa. “So very dangerous -- butterfly.”

Impeding traffic is the worst crime mentioned.

FAIL FAIL FAIL FAIL

Last edited by a moderator:

Link 1
In your first link, Nanny Bloomberg, the Authoritarian-in-Chief is complaining and reacting to things that "might happen." There's not a single mention of a crime.

Let me now check your other links.

Link 2
Your second link, the WORST crime were protestors using profanity! AND THE POLICE COMMITTED POLICE BRUTALITY!

"Though it is still unclear how U.S. Marine Scott Olson received the injury, Veterans for Peace, the group he attended the protest with, said that Olson was “shot in the head with a police projectile while peacefully participating in the Occupy Oakland march.”

Several people were arrested as police unsuccessfully tried to keep protestors on sidewalks. Officers were able to keep demonstrators from marching across the Brooklyn Bridge. Protestors removed rope lines which police had set up, and eventually the cops allowed them to march and they left the scene. " There is such a thing as community policing, where people do respond. They actually used profanity.”

Your second link is epic fail, did you read your own links?

Link 3
I can't see this link since I'm not subscribed.

The only time there was any trouble was when the police sort of forced trouble. The protesters were extremely compliant and peaceful. The incident where there were multiple arrests happened when the police gave protesters directions about marching over a bridge..then arrested them when they were followed.

I know you Conservatives love the Second Amendment, can we show some love now for the First Amendment? It doesn't matter if you AGREE with them or NOT. They have a right to protest peacefully. This right was infringed on, badly.

either way, you can't break laws while expressing your rights. having a right to own a gun doesn't give you the right to shoot someone. free speech doesn't give you the right to trespass and create dangerous situations.

Where is the restriction against peaceably assembling on private property?

Are you stating that private property rights are not protected in the constitution or are you now advocating that I am allowed to protest in your living room.

You accuse people of disregarding the constitution while making that wild ass claim. Are you serious?

where does the constitution prohibit me from owning lare capacity magazines and assault rifles?

It doesn't.

So once you go out and get them..the strict reading of the Constitution puts you under direct control of congress, which manages the militia.

To provide for calling forth the militia to execute the laws of the union, suppress insurrections and repel invasions;

To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

so what you are really saying is i should be able to own the exact same weapons as the military. excellent. and like the militarty congress should by my weapons and ammunition with tax payer dollars. :clap2: please send me my RPG's, tanks and fighter planes

Are you stating that private property rights are not protected in the constitution or are you now advocating that I am allowed to protest in your living room.

You accuse people of disregarding the constitution while making that wild ass claim. Are you serious?

If the owners of the private property CONSENT to using their land for the protest, the police have no right to remove you.

I was an organizer of Occupy Wall Street, I live on Long Island, and went to NYC frequently. My allegiance towards Obama was shattered when they labeled all of us terrorists.

Occupy Wall Street Labeled "Terrorists" By The FBI | The Economic Populist

I take Amtrak now instead of flights, because I'm treated like a third-class citizen at airports. The first time I went to fly, after being put on the terror list, I had to pass through so many checks that my flight left before it was over, then I had to fight in court for a refund.

The second time, they let me on sooner, already having documentation of the first incident and the court case, but they put in the very back of the plane next to the roaring engines with a marshal sitting near me.

Why?
Because I upset Nanny Bloomberg and his Wall Street gangsters.

Last edited:

It doesn't.

?

Of course. It is called the draft. Same concept but I guess you did not understand that.

It was very well organized..and had the SUPPORT of local businesses who let them use the bathroom.

oooo you passed by the site a few times.

It doesn't.

so what you are really saying is i should be able to own the exact same weapons as the military. excellent. and like the militarty congress should by my weapons and ammunition with tax payer dollars. :clap2: please send me my RPG's, tanks and fighter planes

Sure.

We can finally disband the standing army.

It would be cheaper if those that want to be part of the militia pay for their own gear.

That was original intent by the way.

:eusa_whistle:

I suggest those who just don't get it to pick up a copy of Thoreau's "Civil Disobedience" followed by actually reading the Constitution, rather than just pretending that you understand the latter or have even heard of the former.

If the owners of the private property CONSENT to using their land for the protest, the police have no right to remove you.

I was an organizer of Occupy Wall Street, I live on Long Island, and went to NYC frequently. My allegiance towards Obama was shattered when they labeled all of us terrorists.

Occupy Wall Street Labeled "Terrorists" By The FBI | The Economic Populist

I take Amtrak now instead of flights, because I'm treated like a third-class citizen at airports. The first time I went to fly, after being put on the terror list, I had to pass through so many checks that my flight left before it was over, then I had to fight in court for a refund.

The second time, they let me on sooner, already having documentation of the first incident and the court case, but they put in the very back of the plane next to the roaring engines with a marshal sitting near me.

Why?
Because I upset Nanny Bloomberg and his Wall Street gangsters.

dude you organized that mess? couldn't you have at least gotten a few respectable citizens instead of the freak show it turned out ot be?

oooo you passed by the site a few times.

Not a few..many.

I work in the financial industry.

Although I didn't have a job at that time, I was there frequently doing interviews.

Those folks were very well organized.

And unlike the rest of the country..I was tuned into the local news..who reported on them daily.

It doesn't.

Sure.

It would be cheaper if those that want to be part of the militia pay for their own gear.

unrestricted of course. anything we want. I'm down with that. you know, like the original intent

It doesn't.

Sure.

Original intent does not really matter in this regard (and that is debatable anyway) as they gave the congress the right to authorize the army every 2 years. Nowhere in the constitution does it state those years cannot be consecutive nor a limit on the number of times it can be consecutively reauthorized.

Where are you going with this other than misinterpreting the constitution over and over again?

Forum List

Back