New War Crime Allegations?

they should shoot a lot more of them.

If the marine swears he's a democrat he can get off because he was just imitating bin kerry. Kerry (who was in vietnam by the way) shot a wounded teenage VC in the back and got a medal for it.

We need a lot more info. For example, was the man wounded but holding a grenade with the pin pulled, an AK, detonator, etc. Just because he was "wounded", that does not mean he didn't still pose a threat.

freeandfun1 said:
We need a lot more info. For example, was the man wounded but holding a grenade with the pin pulled, an AK, detonator, etc. Just because he was "wounded", that does not mean he didn't still pose a threat.

The word on Fox was that it was a fighter pretending to be dead--I may have jumped the gun but the marine has been removed from his unit and it's being investigated. I just know how the press loves to spin this crap.

NBC Says Marine Shot Dead Wounded Iraqi Prisoner

48 minutes ago World - Reuters

LONDON (Reuters) - A television pool report by U.S. network NBC said on Monday that a U.S. Marine had shot dead an unarmed and wounded Iraqi prisoner in a mosque in Falluja.

The Iraqi was one of five wounded prisoners left in the mosque after Marines had fought their way in on Friday and Saturday. There was no immediate comment from the Pentagon (news - web sites) on the report.

U.S. forces launched an offensive one week ago on Falluja, and have gained overall control of the formerly rebel-held city, although scattered resistance remains.

The pool report by NBC correspondent Kevin Sites said the mosque had been used by insurgents to attack U.S. forces, who stormed it and an adjacent building, killing 10 militants and wounding the five.

Sites said the wounded had been left in the mosque for others to pick up and move to the rear for treatment. No reason was given why that had not happened.

A second group of Marines entered the mosque on Saturday after reports it had been reoccupied. Footage from the embedded television crew showed the five still in the mosque, although several appeared to be already close to death, Sites said.

He said one Marine noticed one of the prisoners was still breathing.

A Marine can be heard saying on the pool footage provided to Reuters Television: "He's fucking faking he's dead. He faking he's fucking dead."

"The Marine then raises his rifle and fires into the man's head. The pictures are too graphic for us to broadcast," Sites said. No images of the shooting were shown in the footage provided to Reuters.

The report said the Marine, who had returned to duty after being shot in the face a day earlier, had been removed from the field and was being questioned by the U.S. military.

Sites said the shot prisoner "did not appear to be armed or threatening in any way."

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/nm/20041115/wl_nm/iraq_marine_shooting_dc_2

It ll always happen that people who just got shot by the enemy before loose it.

maybe he should have made the dude put on an orange jump suit.....made him beg for his life .... demanded that all terrorists pul out of iraq ... then cut his head off on video ... blow up the mosque.... then stick his head on a pole in the town sqaure and then drag the body through the streets tied to the back of an escalade with spinner rims........playing the clash tune rock the casbah....

nah that is a bad idea :smoke:

manu1959 said:
maybe he should have made the dude put on an orange jump suit.....made him beg for his life .... demanded that all terrorists pul out of iraq ... then cut his head off on video ... blow up the mosque.... then stick his head on a pole in the town sqaure and then drag the body through the streets tied to the back of an escalade with spinner rims........playing the clash tune rock the casbah....

nah that is a bad idea :smoke:

it is also a bad comparison of a soldier involved in a military operations
against insurgents that lost his cool

or terrorists showing off murdering civilians in cold blood.

nosarcasm said:

really..ya think it was a bad comparision? ...yes you are right...forgive me..

you are aware that the iraqis have been "playing dead" then ambusing soldiers?

I saw the report on NBC.

The only comment that I would hazard based on what I know at this point is that the incident bears investigation. Speculation is foolish and non-productive and reserved for the talking heads in the news media who have to fill time with something.

If it occurred as indicated, the soldier responsible will probably be re-assigned and given some slack based on the fact he had been injured already and was probably more pissed off than most can imagine.

Sometimes battle causes people to do things that are wrong. The entire military cannot be condemned for the actions of one.

Terrorist executed by Marine. This is a bad thing?

The reporter didn't have to turn in this story. Must have been a cbs reporter.

nosarcasm said:

Hell if that's the case, bring em all home RIGHT FRICKIN NOW!!! Ask them to play by some bullshit rules when ambushed and blown to pieces time and time again by asswipe savages. Hell I'm sick of hearin about it, just bring em home NOW and let you panzy assed terorrist apologist fend for your damn selves...We are dealing with " monsters " not humans, the sooner people realize that and keep politics and BIASED news media out, the safer we will be. I know, scary aren't I??? :321: Believe me, our Special Forces use far more gruesome tactics, and for good reason. We are fighting " foreign fighters " ie; terorrists from other countries, they have no qualms about blowing up and slaughtering innocent women and children, I say we "suspend" the Geneva convention for the time being...But hey thats just me. Just for them of course ( since they are so special )Funny how the beheadings and mutilations and mass grave stories die down so quickly, but this will dominate headlines for months...What a pathectic bunch of shit.

The whole process of preparing to go into battle is dehumanizing. Once a person has turned over their power to the military establishment it begins. The complete surrender of self control/guidance is absolutely required and complete acceptance of the commands of superior officers takes its place. I guess this is a necessary factor to assure the "chain of command".
The process of boot camp and isolation from the outside while preparing for deployment, actually is similar to the tactics of cults and brainwashing.
We shouldnt necessarily be surprised when our troops commit atrocities like abu grahib or this incident, or in the past like MyLai(????sp) in Vietnam, we should be understanding of their fear and situation. We know the face of war, and we should know it is very ugly. Whats the count in Fallujah , 38 US troops dead, over 70 wounded and hundreds of Iraqis, men women and children all dead. DEAD DEAD DEAD

sagegirl said:
The whole process of preparing to go into battle is dehumanizing. Once a person has turned over their power to the military establishment it begins. The complete surrender of self control/guidance is absolutely required and complete acceptance of the commands of superior officers takes its place. I guess this is a necessary factor to assure the "chain of command".
The process of boot camp and isolation from the outside while preparing for deployment, actually is similar to the tactics of cults and brainwashing.
We shouldnt necessarily be surprised when our troops commit atrocities like abu grahib or this incident, or in the past like MyLai(????sp) in Vietnam, we should be understanding of their fear and situation. We know the face of war, and we should know it is very ugly. Whats the count in Fallujah , 38 US troops dead, over 70 wounded and hundreds of Iraqis, men women and children all dead. DEAD DEAD DEAD

War is not pretty, survival instincts sometimes take over. I have been there once and hope to not feel those emotions again, I just hope they don't crucify these Marines over this incident...I get sick and tired of the double standards, like we are suppose to be " god-like " and not let human emotions come into play. Vottom line, if you haven't been shot and wounded, seen your buddies blown to pieces or witnessed the pure savagery of your enemy, YOU SHOULD NOT AND CAN NOT JUDGE, PERIOD!!! Excuse me I did noyt read through your post and am VERY sorry I agreed, cause I totally disagree... Damn drinkin screwed up my thinkin. ;-) I f you read my posts you will understand that I do not think like you apparently... Sorry, my bad.

MadMax said:
War is not pretty, survival instincts sometimes take over. I have been there once and hope to not feel those emotions again, I just hope they don't crucify these Marines over this incident...I get sick and tired of the double standards, like we are suppose to be " god-like " and not let human emotions come into play. Vottom line, if you haven't been shot and wounded, seen your buddies blown to pieces or witnessed the pure savagery of your enemy, YOU SHOULD NOT AND CAN NOT JUDGE, PERIOD!!! I agree with you Sage, peace :salute:

I wish you well, and peace.

sagegirl said:
1100 Dead to our 38 It's true the lives of other's are absolutly meaningless to us. We are going to have a long road to travel here.

Forum List

Back