New To Forum...and curious...

Hello.
I'm a liberal snowflake, and you better watch it. I might melt into a puddle all over your electronics.

Just signed up for the forum, but I'm curious... How oppressive is the moderation here? Is it a "safe space" for snowflakes, or can we engage in genuine, civil but aggressive debate here?

I'm generally a diplomatic sort, but I don't mince words when it comes to attacking foolish or dangerous ideas -- ESPECIALLY religion and pseudo-science. As a general rule, are we allowed to speak our minds, as long as we don't use excessive profanity and don't engage in name-calling or slander?

I'm looking forward to engaging in some serious discussion of ideas here, but need to know if I'm in the right place.

Thanks in advance.

Follow the rules and you won't have a problem. We don't come down in a heavy handed way for either side but we will not tolerate trolling. It's as simple as that.

Other than that, welcome.

What do you mean? There are plenty of trolls around here.

I do not recommend serious conversations or serious cats.

seriouscatcover.jpg

seriouscatcover.jpg

That is definitely a serious-looking kitty! :biggrin:

As for avoiding serious conversations, I'm afraid that's too late. In my initial post, I was wondering about the possibility of overstepping the terms of service in any heated debates, but it appears my fears were unfounded. In my first day here, I've already been called, "illiterate," "incompetent," "dishonest" and a "moron." :blahblah:

So I suppose I needn't have worried. In any case, I have my armor on, and it's especially impervious to jackasses. :funnyface:

seriouscatcover.jpg

As for avoiding serious conversations, I'm afraid that's too late. In my initial post, I was wondering about the possibility of overstepping the terms of service in any heated debates, but it appears my fears were unfounded. In my first day here, I've already been called, "illiterate," "incompetent," "dishonest" and a "moron." :blahblah:

So I suppose I needn't have worried. In any case, I have my armor on, and it's especially impervious to jackasses. :funnyface:

I take cats seriously...

If I am not called a fascist, Nazi, rascist or some such thing twice a day, I figure I am not feeling well.

seriouscatcover.jpg

If you want to avoid the name calling, there is the Clean Debate Zone.

Just signed up for the forum, but I'm curious... How oppressive is the moderation here? Is it a "safe space" for snowflakes, or can we engage in genuine, civil but aggressive debate here?

I'm generally a diplomatic sort, but I don't mince words when it comes to attacking foolish or dangerous ideas -- ESPECIALLY religion and pseudo-science. As a general rule, are we allowed to speak our minds, as long as we don't use excessive profanity and don't engage in name-calling or slander?

I'm looking forward to engaging in some serious discussion of ideas here, but need to know if I'm in the right place.

Thanks in advance.
WELCOME!!!

upload_2017-2-13_20-9-44.png

Thanks in advance.
There are no safe places here.

There can be civil and aggressive debate.

But you are welcome to express yourself.

There seems to be excessive profanity, name calling and slander.

Welcome to the Badlands.

Thanks in advance.
Wear your rubbers laddy...

Forum List

Back