Well Hello there!

Marion Morrison

Diamond Member
Feb 10, 2017
I was looking for a forum to post at and thought I'd give this one a try.

It seems good! Looks like there's a decent mix of opinions and political leanings. I've been around some forums for a while and have already seen a familiar handle.

Hopefully I get to stick around.

chance.jpg

It seems good! Looks like there's a decent mix of opinions and political leanings. I've been around some forums for a while and have already seen a familiar handle.

Hello,

Did you know that John Wayne was originally offered the role of Harry Callaghan in "Dirty Harry" and for some reason he turned it down, so Warner Brothers went with Clint Eastwood.

Harry Callaghan was also offered bizarrely to Frank Sinatra, and also less bizarrely to Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum and Steve McQueen.

Clint Eastwood is Harry Callaghan, but he was the fifth choice for that role, pretty astonishing stuff.

Hello,

Did you know that John Wayne was originally offered the role of Harry Callaghan in "Dirty Harry" and for some reason he turned it down, so Warner Brothers went with Clint Eastwood.

Harry Callaghan was also offered bizarrely to Frank Sinatra, and also less bizarrely to Burt Lancaster, Robert Mitchum and Steve McQueen.

Clint Eastwood is Harry Callaghan, but he was the fifth choice for that role, pretty astonishing stuff.

I'm glad Clint got it instead. John Wayne is old and fat and too stereotypical. I think he is highly overrated.

I don't like his voice either. Pilgrim! Lol.

Hello,

I'm glad Clint got it instead. John Wayne is old and fat and too stereotypical. I think he is highly overrated.

I remember you from PF. Hello again!

I was Mr. Rogers there. :D

Was it you that banned me? No, It was Lee S.

I apologize for the confusion.

Last edited:

Hello,

I haven't seen that many of John Wayne films, this is because I'm not a fan of Westerns.

I do like some Westerns such as "High Plains Drifter" made in 1973 starring and directed by Clint Eastwood and "Once Upon A Time In The West" made in 1968 by Sergio Leone.

High Plains Drifter - Wikipedia

Once Upon a Time in the West - Wikipedia

Hello,

Harry Callaghan was also offered bizarrely to Frank Sinatra,

Why?

He did a couple of detective movies around that time.

Tony Rome, Lady in Cement...

Hello,

Oh hey! I remember you! :)

Hello,

Harry Callaghan was also offered bizarrely to Frank Sinatra,

Why?

He did a couple of detective movies around that time.

Tony Rome, Lady in Cement...

Well I just can't envisage Frank Sinatra as Harry Callaghan myself.

"Tony Rome" and "Lady In Cement" are both good, as is "The Detective" from 1968, it's not a Tony Rome film, Frank Sinatra plays Detective Sgt. Joe Leland and it also stars Lee Remick, Robert Duvall and Ralph Meeker ("Kiss Me Deadly" is one of the great later period American Film Noir and Ralph Meeker is Mike Hammer)

The Detective (1968 film) - Wikipedia

Hello,

Hi again! :)

Hello,

What is PF Chris? :confused-84:

Hello,

I haven't seen that many of John Wayne films, this is because I'm not a fan of Westerns.

I do like some Westerns such as "High Plains Drifter" made in 1973 starring and directed by Clint Eastwood and "Once Upon A Time In The West" made in 1968 by Sergio Leone.

High Plains Drifter - Wikipedia

Once Upon a Time in the West - Wikipedia

The Outlaw Josie Wales and The Good, The Bad, and the Ugly - two must see Clint movies.

Hello,

What is PF Chris? :confused-84:

It's a forum.

Hello,

Hi again! :)

Hi and welcome to the zoo! :2up:

Forum List

Back