New Texas bills would ban TSA Body Scanners, reject searches without probable cause.

stanDudeSweet.jpg

Federal law supersedes State law. Always has, always will. The only way the Texas law stands is if they get the Supreme Court to rule the Federal regulations unconstitutional. Not likely to happen.

not to mention the fact that no plane will ever be allowed to fly out of an airport that doesn't follow TSA protocol.

I'm thinking the federal air traffic controllers still have a say in that.

idiots with their pyrrhic victories. :cuckoo:

Federal law supersedes State law. Always has, always will. The only way the Texas law stands is if they get the Supreme Court to rule the Federal regulations unconstitutional. Not likely to happen.

Nice try, but that is not true, and is irrelevant anyway. There is no federal law that says anyone has to submit to the whims of the TSA.

• Thanks
Reactions: blu
not to mention the fact that no plane will ever be allowed to fly out of an airport that doesn't follow TSA protocol.

I am thinking you are wrong.

Nice try, but that is not true, and is irrelevant anyway. There is no federal law that says anyone has to submit to the whims of the TSA.

Really, You might try reading the Bill that created the TSA then. :)

Texas Legislation Proposes Felony Charges for TSA Agents – Tenth Amendment Center Blog

felony charges for TSA agents if they perform certain searches.... I love this, send all the fascists to jail along with the lawmakers who authorized the actions

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Ok let it pass, but the first time a Terrorist gets a bomb onto a plane and kills People. The people who backed this Bill must be charged with accessory to murder. Deal?

And every time they don't find a bomb we charge them with "wtf were you touching me the fuk for you fuk." and they all go to jail along with the people that started that program.
Deal?

Are you talking about the one that allows airports to opt out of having the TSA operate their security?

Texas Legislation Proposes Felony Charges for TSA Agents – Tenth Amendment Center Blog

felony charges for TSA agents if they perform certain searches.... I love this, send all the fascists to jail along with the lawmakers who authorized the actions

Ok let it pass, but the first time a Terrorist gets a bomb onto a plane and kills People. The people who backed this Bill must be charged with accessory to murder. Deal?

:cuckoo:

freedom & liberties trump all. if you are too scared to live in a free country move to iran

I will definetely not have any plane stops in Texas. I might just be on a flight with a terrorist who kidnapped a grandma and got here on a plane to blow her up. But terrorist would never exploit any of our security. You know like they did with the Shoe Bomber, Underwear bomber, and 9.11 hijackers but they won't do it again.:cuckoo:

Are you talking about the one that allows airports to opt out of having the TSA operate their security?

Airports can opt out, as long as they hire companies licensed by the TSA, trained by the TSA, doing the same searches, with the same scanners.

They even have to wear the same uniforms.

freedom & liberties trump all. if you are too scared to live in a free country move to iran

Since when does anyone have the "right" to fly on an airplane?

asinine bill by a bunch of paranoid asinine conspiracy nuts...

when i fly, which unfortunately i do frequently, i want to feel safe inside the sterile area of the airport and reach my destination without being blown out of the sky. so, if they want me to strip butt naked before i go into the concourse, i would do it.

thumbnail.aspx

Airports can opt out, as long as they hire companies licensed by the TSA, trained by the TSA, doing the same searches, with the same scanners.

They even have to wear the same uniforms.

Almost true. The companies that provide security have to meet minimum TSA requirements, but they are free to provide their own training, and generally exceed the professional standards that the TSA does not have. Regardless, nothing in the law requires anyone to submit to the whims of the TSA, which is what I posted in the first place, and what you took exception to. There are standards in place, and the TSA should be required to follow them. The fact that they do not, and that you do not object when they do not, indicates just how sad this whole debate is.

when i fly, which unfortunately i do frequently, i want to feel safe inside the sterile area of the airport and reach my destination without being blown out of the sky. so, if they want me to strip butt naked before i go into the concourse, i would do it.

What makes you think that will keep you safe? Should I point out that prison inmates routinely smuggle cell phones past searches that make anything the TSA does look like a Boy Scout Jamboree? Complete strip and cavity searches, yet they still get cell phones inside the prison, and you believe the TSA is keeping you safe.

You'd have soiled yourself had this happened under GWB. Soo.... STFU.

Thanks!

:lol:

What makes you think that will keep you safe? Should I point out that prison inmates routinely smuggle cell phones past searches that make anything the TSA does look like a Boy Scout Jamboree? Complete strip and cavity searches, yet they still get cell phones inside the prison, and you believe the TSA is keeping you safe.

I am not sure Quantum. I rack up a lot of air miles a year and really do hope I am safe in the unfriendly skies... I would rather fly on El Al Israel Airlines אל על than any other airlines. They have a good system in place to interview and detect.

I am not sure that many of the TSO behavior profilers have the same unique skills. And America does not interview passengers like El Al does...

I would not mind seeing our TSOs get more training and attract highly competent screeners.

You are correct that we have to be right 100% of the time and radical terrorists only have to right 1% of the time. "WE" is the free world of kafir, people of the book, and infidels....

I feel relatively safe in the sterile areas of the airport. I suppose when my number is up, it is up. But, I do want to live to see another day... Believe me, I can see both sides of the arguement....

TROP.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back