New survey shows Republicans are the best tippers

AsianTrumpSupporter

Platinum Member
Feb 26, 2017
Democratic People's Republique de Californie
Republicans, men, credit card users are the best tippers

Who are the best tippers? According to a new survey by CreditCards.com, the most generous tippers are men, Republicans, Northeasterners and credit and debit card users. (Probably not among this group: Oklahoma City Thunder guard Andre Roberson, who last week left a $13.97 tip on a $487.13 bar tab and was promptly teased by teammates on Twitter.)

All these groups tip a median of 20% when dining at a restaurant, the CreditCards.com survey found. At the other end of the spectrum, women tip a median of 16% and Democrats, southerners and people who pay in cash tip a median of 15%.

So why do men and Republicans come out as the better tippers? Matt Schulz, CreditCards.com’s senior industry analyst, says it generally comes down to income.

“The more money you have, the more likely you are to leave a little more money on table at end of the night. Those groups – Republicans, men, Northeasterners – are higher income than their counterparts,” he said.

Men aren’t always so generous

About half of those who tip restaurant servers typically fall within a 16%-20% range for tips, and a tip amount of 11%-15% is a distant second. And we were a little shocked to learn that one out of five restaurant diners doesn’t leave gratuity at all, at least occasionally, according to the survey.

“I was definitely surprised by how many people tip over 15%, but I was also surprised by how many people never tip at all at a restaurant,” said Schulz. “How is that even possible? I’m guessing they don’t get very good service on their next visit.”...

Time for liberals to start paying their fair share. :)

I donno, ex waitstaff seem to tip the best regardless of party......

Of course we tip more. We are the most generous people on the planet. Lots of libs talk a good game with regards to helping others, but what they really mean is they want others to help others, not them personally.

Forum List

Back