New Republican Gov not fond of non-Christians

No, that's not what he said.

He said if you aren't saved you aren't my brother, but I will pray that you become my brother.

Sounds loving to me. He's inviting people to join his family.

Only haters see hate where none is intended.
and until then?......i dont buy this kind of talk....i have seen these people in person.....

Good to know this man is actually "these people", and that MLK Jr's dream of people being judged individually on their own character, rather than as indistinguishable members of a group, is still a long way off.
It appears to me that on this thread people are judging the governor for his own character.

and until then?......i dont buy this kind of talk....i have seen these people in person.....

Good to know this man is actually "these people", and that MLK Jr's dream of people being judged individually on their own character, rather than as indistinguishable members of a group, is still a long way off.
It appears to me that on this thread people are judging the governor for his own character.

it appears to me that on this thread people are revealing their own prejudices.

as usual

it appears to me that on this thread people are revealing their own prejudices.

as usual
Repent, and all will be forgiven. ;)

Perhaps you could show me where Bentley said that he would do anything like you are accusing him of doing.

Bentley has already admitted that he will treat people differently based on their religious beliefs. Some, he will treat like a brother or sister; Others, not so much

No, that's not what he said.

He said if you aren't saved you aren't my brother, but I will pray that you become my brother.

Sounds loving to me. He's inviting people to join his family.

Only haters see hate where none is intended.

I'm not surprised to see the xtians misrepresenting what Bentley said. He was clear - If you haven't been saved, then you are not his brother/sister. That's what he said. Word. For. Word.

My bet is that Obama treats his daughters like daughters, and others, not so much. Do you have a problem with that, or is it only Republicans do it that you have a gripe?

I have a problem with people using their elected office to treat people differently based on their religious beliefs. Last time I looked, that was illegal.

There's nothing illegal about a father treating his daughters like his daughters. Nothing immoral about it either. But that's not what Bentley said, and you know it. Maybe someday, you'll be honest enough to address reality, instead of your absurd and irrelevent theories

What a load of bilge. He said nothing of the sort.

I'm not surprised to see the xtians being dishonest about what he said. He said
if you aren't saved you aren't my brother

No it isn't, but feel free to keep posting lies.

religious wars are among the most popular type......and violence against each other because of Religion....history is full of this shit.....it may not be the top reason.....but im sure its up there...

Wrong. Wars for power are by far the most popular type, and always have been. And "you're sure" of something that's utterly untrue. Way to form opinions based on prejudice and bigotry rather than fact. I'm disappointed in you.

As it happens, in the list of the top twenty human-created atrocities (ranked by death toll), only one is religious in nature, and that wasn't any of the major religions we know today. It was an ugly little murder cult that existed in India until the 19th century. And even they were probably in it more for the loot than for the religion.

xtians will deny their bloody heritage because they know their primitive religion is a violent ideology that worships human sacrifice

no matter what this man believes we are all brothers and sisters

that's nice...

but..he is GOV

and can actually do something about litigating/enforcing his beliefs....

g w bush
at ohare airport in the early 90's

"I do not consider atheists to be citizens"

I am wondering if there is a full transcript of the sermon (it was in a church, so it was a sermon.) Were the statements made right next to each other, or was there something else left out that would add to the context of what he is saying?

Being elected to office isnt like going into the millitary, you do not lose any of your previous rights by becoming a governor.

no. but you shouldn't be proselytizing. i think you DO lose your right to that when you're getting a public paycheck.

He was doing it inside a church. Maybe if he was doing it at a governor's meeting it would be something to get concerned about.

so you think he was lying about seeing his christian constitutents differently from his non-christian constituents?

Funny. After reading that it's clear that there is no evidence that he isn't fond of non-Christians. Quite the opposite. He is actively reaching out to them.

Not very surprised that people are lying about them. I mean how dare he invite others to be Christian. The audacity of actually practicing what he preaches.

He has plenty of time to invite people to be Christian when he is not speaking as Governor of his state in his official capacity. There is a time and place for everything, telling people they must accept Christ and be saved by whatever his definition may be in order for him to consider them a "brother" or "sister" takes on a very different tone from the Governor's seat of secular power than it does from the pulpit, or even his living room. If he doesn't understand that, he should.

bingo!

no. but you shouldn't be proselytizing. i think you DO lose your right to that when you're getting a public paycheck.

He was doing it inside a church. Maybe if he was doing it at a governor's meeting it would be something to get concerned about.

so you think he was lying about seeing his christian constitutents differently from his non-christian constituents?

Well, xtians do lie about their faith constantly, so it is a possibility

I won't say that. But I will say that if the guy was a muslim, a jew or an atheist and saying the same thing, the people who are high-fiving each other here would be having a nervous breakdown.

The funny part was he's surprised people were offended.

And in some wierd way people shouldn't be.

He honestly believes what he's saying in a "good" (however deluded) way. He thinks by getting everyone to accept Christ is the greatest thing since sliced bread.

Naturally the jews, athiest, etc are not going to vote for this gaff master next time around

I won't say that. But I will say that if the guy was a muslim, a jew or an atheist and saying the same thing, the people who are high-fiving each other here would be having a nervous breakdown.

:lol: Imagine if a Governor of any state (not just Alabama) said he could not consider religious people to be his brothers and sisters. Then he said he would love them as such, if they converted to be Atheists.

yeah, you can only say nutty things like that when you think you have the majority.

Funny. After reading that it's clear that there is no evidence that he isn't fond of non-Christians. Quite the opposite. He is actively reaching out to them.

Not very surprised that people are lying about them. I mean how dare he invite others to be Christian. The audacity of actually practicing what he preaches.

He has plenty of time to invite people to be Christian when he is not speaking as Governor of his state in his official capacity. There is a time and place for everything, telling people they must accept Christ and be saved by whatever his definition may be in order for him to consider them a "brother" or "sister" takes on a very different tone from the Governor's seat of secular power than it does from the pulpit, or even his living room. If he doesn't understand that, he should.

bingo!
was he speaking at this church as a part of his duties as Governor?

bingo!
was he speaking at this church as a part of his duties as Governor?

Yes

Just a thought, but maybe you should read the article

:lol: Imagine if a Governor of any state (not just Alabama) said he could not consider religious people to be his brothers and sisters. Then he said he would love them as such, if they converted to be Atheists.

What he said..should be enough to impeach him.

It violates the Constitution of the United States.

Our political appointees and elected officials are allowed to speak of their faith. In fact, they are guaranteed the right to observe their faith without fear of persecution of oppression.

I don't know why that's so hard for the left to understand.

What he said was in no way offensive. He explained he sees himself as belonging to the family of God, and that while he doesn't view non-believers as members of that family (duh) he would be happy if they joined.

What's the problem?

What he said..should be enough to impeach him.

It violates the Constitution of the United States.

Citation please. Because of course you're full of sh**.

Forum List

Back