New Republican Gov not fond of non-Christians

Again, I see no evidence he does otherwise. Quite the opposite.

Perhaps you can show me in the Bible where Jesus said he wouldn't love someone as much because they were a non-believer? Or where he treated someone different because they were a non-believer?

Perhaps you could show me where Bentley said that he would do anything like you are accusing him of doing.

You're automatically assuming that a lack of love means hate. It could just be a lack of love. Saying that someone isn't your brother and sister because they are a non-believer is a false argument. He's willing to invite them to being something that they should already be.

He's willing to love them as brothers and sisters, if they convert. I don't believe Jesus ever said he'd only love all of his children, if they all converted to believing in what he said.

You're correct that apathy could be an option as well. But it doesn't matter. Because you have no evidence to make your "He doesn't love nonbelievers" claim. Nor does the OP have evidence to support that he isn't fond of nonbelievers.

Face it. Your accusation that he has no love for non-Christians is unfounded.
Not being fond does not equate to hate. If you don't count people as your brothers and sisters...especially if they elected you to office, you are certainly NOT fond of them.

How do you figure that?

Again, I see no evidence he does otherwise. Quite the opposite.

Perhaps you can show me in the Bible where Jesus said he wouldn't love someone as much because they were a non-believer? Or where he treated someone different because they were a non-believer?

Perhaps you could show me where Bentley said that he would do anything like you are accusing him of doing.

Bentley has already admitted that he will treat people differently based on their religious beliefs. Some, he will treat like a brother or sister; Others, not so much

Bentley has already admitted that he will treat people differently based on their religious beliefs. Some, he will treat like a brother or sister; Others, not so much

My bet is that Obama treats his daughters like daughters, and others, not so much. Do you have a problem with that, or is it only Republicans do it that you have a gripe?

My bet is that Obama treats his daughters like daughters, and others, not so much. Do you have a problem with that, or is it only Republicans do it that you have a gripe?

I have a problem with people using their elected office to treat people differently based on their religious beliefs. Last time I looked, that was illegal.

There's nothing illegal about a father treating his daughters like his daughters. Nothing immoral about it either. But that's not what Bentley said, and you know it. Maybe someday, you'll be honest enough to address reality, instead of your absurd and irrelevent theories

Last edited:

No, that's not what he said.

He said if you aren't saved you aren't my brother, but I will pray that you become my brother.

Sounds loving to me. He's inviting people to join his family.

Only haters see hate where none is intended.

I have a problem with people using their elected office to treat people differently based on their religious beliefs. Last time I looked, that was illegal.

There's nothing illegal about a father treating his daughters like his daughters. Nothing immoral about it either. But that's not what Bentley said, and you know it. Maybe someday, you'll be honest enough to address reality, instead of your absurd and irrelevent theories

What a load of bilge. He said nothing of the sort.

More harm and hate is generated in the name of God then in any other human endeavor.

No it isn't, but feel free to keep posting lies.

religious wars are among the most popular type......and violence against each other because of Religion....history is full of this shit.....it may not be the top reason.....but im sure its up there...

Quantum.....just what the guy said.....tells me that is what he feels....thats enough for me.....i have met quite a few that have openly expressed the same shit......its like saying..."well im saved,your not.....im on a different plane than you,God loves me....YOU...well we will see wont we"....

He said if you aren't saved you aren't my brother, but I will pray that you become my brother.

and until then?......i dont buy this kind of talk....i have seen these people in person.....

The enemies of the Republican Party are always the same...working people(unions), scientists(global warming), gay people, poor immigrants, people with brown skin, and anyone who is different than they are..

The friends of the Republican Party...the oil companies, the insurance companies, the wealthy, the big banks, always stay the same as well.

Not all 'working people' are union members.

Not all scientists are involved in global warming.

The Republican Party do not anti-gay.

The Republican Party are not anti-immigrant.

The Republican Party are not racist.

And..... Your Messiah is just as fond of the 'evil' corporations as the GOP. Know why? Because they fund your side too.

And, guess what.... those 'evil' corporations... they employ those people you dislike so much..... Americans.

The enemies of the Republican Party are always the same...working people(unions), scientists(global warming), gay people, poor immigrants, people with brown skin, and anyone who is different than they are..

The friends of the Republican Party...the oil companies, the insurance companies, the wealthy, the big banks, always stay the same as well.

Those you mention may consider themselves enemies of the GOP, but the party would love to have them.
The GOP is not anti-labor. but they are against selfish union practices that have forced companies to move production off shore in order to remain profitable.
They are not against science. They just demand that theories be backed up with fact and expect that scientists, and I use that term loosely in the case of AGW, not manipulate data in order to arrive at a predetermined result.
The majority of Republicans are not against gay people. They'd just rather not have anyone's sexuality thrown up in their faces. We have no problem granting gays the same legal rights that heterosexual married couples enjoy, but we'd prefer gays didn't redefine the word "marriage"
The GOP has no problem with poor immigrants. We simply want them to come here the right way and if they didn't, we want them to get the fuck out.
We really have no problem with brow, black, red or purple skin. We do have a problem with people that use the color of their skin as an excuse for their laziness and anger and those who hyphenate their allegiance, preferring to be known by their ethnicity before their country.

More harm and hate is generated in the name of God then in any other human endeavor.

No it isn't, but feel free to keep posting lies.

religious wars are among the most popular type......and violence against each other because of Religion....history is full of this shit.....it may not be the top reason.....but im sure its up there...

Wrong. Wars for power are by far the most popular type, and always have been. And "you're sure" of something that's utterly untrue. Way to form opinions based on prejudice and bigotry rather than fact. I'm disappointed in you.

As it happens, in the list of the top twenty human-created atrocities (ranked by death toll), only one is religious in nature, and that wasn't any of the major religions we know today. It was an ugly little murder cult that existed in India until the 19th century. And even they were probably in it more for the loot than for the religion.

and until then?......i dont buy this kind of talk....i have seen these people in person.....

Good to know this man is actually "these people", and that MLK Jr's dream of people being judged individually on their own character, rather than as indistinguishable members of a group, is still a long way off.

Forum List

Back